Author Topic: The game play lately sucks!  (Read 19908 times)

Offline 428CJ

• Copper Member
Re: The game play lately sucks!
« Reply #210 on: April 25, 2015, 05:07:44 PM »
Just came from MA, going to go find something else to do - Country dar went down within  a few min. of map change.

I really hope this is addressed in the new release.  Its just not worth playing without dar.

Offline DREDIOCK

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #211 on: April 25, 2015, 05:29:45 PM »
Oh RLY? So if a couple of tards spam bs every day you disable the whole channel and can't chat to anyone anymore. I like your solution. It's so simplistic that it's either genius or stupid. I'll leave it to the readers to decide which one yours is.

It's almost as good a solution like the one of those who recommended to just quit the whole game if they don't like the nonsense on 200 lol.

Dude. 200 was created so that you COULD talk about the very things you hate.
It was made so that you had to choose to tune into 200. It is not the default channel for a reason.

Do you CHOOSE to tune in channels on your TV that show programs you dont like just because a lot of people like the programming?
Do you expect MTV, QVC, or any of hundreds of other channels to change their programming simply because you dont like it? Or do you voice your displeasure by tuning into another channel.

A lot of people like "The Big Bang Theory" I find the show annoying at best.   Yanno what I do when its on. I change the channel.

Remember. You chose to tune into 200. Nobody forced anyone to tune there.
If enough people tune out and one of the other channels becomes filled with other people who feel likewise. Then by default that other channel becomes the primary channel people like to use
Same principle as TV network ratings

If everyone that didnt like what they saw on 200 simply tuned back to the default channel Then everyone would have what they wanted.

On the other hand. If everyone that didnt like what they saw on 200 and tuned to say 100 and found that vast majority of people stiull tuned into 200. Then that tells us that 200 is the way the players want it to be and shouldnt have to change to suit a minority
Death is no easy answer
For those who wish to know
Ask those who have been before you
What fate the future holds
It ain't pretty

Offline DREDIOCK

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #212 on: April 25, 2015, 05:47:50 PM »
So instead of forcing a few bad apples to follow the rules your suggesting everyone who has a problem with bad apples avoid the social side of the game and not interact with  two thirds of the game play population.

Great solution  :rolleyes:

Well lets put it this way. Ive been here since 2002.
You have been here since at least 2005.

Do you ever remember a time where this debate or complaints about the goings on what was going on hasnt taken place?
If it hasnt changed in 13 years I highly doubt it ever will.

And AGAIN. 200 was created for exactly the reasons people complain about. It was done so people wouldnt have to be subjected to "the bad apples" if they didnt want to be. 200 is NOT the default channel that is in place for people to take part in "social side of the game." It is a chosen channel The fact people Choose to remain on 200 when it is not the default channel. Tells us that the majority of people who are on 200 do not mind the goings on.

As I stated elsewhere. 200 is a train wreck. Problem is people love to watch a train wreck.

I dont take part in 200 a whole lot. Some bantering here and there. A comment here and there and most of the time Im so busy doing other things I barely notice whats on there. But what I do see I simply shake my head and say to myself. It is what it is. It is what the channel was created for.

And like I said. in the 13 years Ive been here it hasnt changed in spite all efforts to change it. Kinda like the war on drugs. Nobody likes excessive drug use. But they see the war as a loosing cause and as such pointless.

Better idea would be to put a disclaimer and for all the people who dont like whats on 200. Tune to channel 100. If there is someone specific on the other side you want to talk to that isnt tuned to your channel. there is always the PM option. Nobody is being hindered to socialize in the way they see fit. If enough people do that then the debate is over and everyone wins.
Death is no easy answer
It ain't pretty

Offline DREDIOCK

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #213 on: April 25, 2015, 06:26:10 PM »
what.... :headscratch:

he still HO's..... runs as soon as he loses position...never tries to fight it out.....

he may be an all right stick, he is a great HO shot..... but he has no honor...no respect.... no integrity..... and deserves nothing but disdain.

he is a sad individual who needs a psychiatrist for his narcissism.

Everyone knows the distain Ive had for Skyyr. Its no secret. Maybe you are experiencing something different then I am. I am just saying what I am personally experiencing..

Does he still HO. Yes. But I dont always see him to it as his first option and often Its situation appropriate.
Yup he runs. Just like the rest of us when its prudent to do so. But Ive also seen him turn and fight. In fact Ive seen him turn and fight 2-3 people at the same time. In fact I witnessed it just the other night.

I get accused of running a lot too. But thats not often the case in reality. Often I am just trying to either get back some E or create enough separation where I can turn and fight without getting blown out of the sky in the proccess.

As for running. I see a TON of other people who do worse. One pass then if they dont get the kill run to ack types.
Skyyr definitely isnt one of those

No he's a decent stick. He still has some flaws as we all do and one in particular Im waiting for him to figure out on his own

Honor, respect, integrity.  Still quite a ways to go but he's getting there. The very fact That Im defending him here to some extent is at least a small testament to that. And I wouldn't say that if I didnt believe it to be true. I'd have no problems telling a woman that yes her butt looks big in those jeans.

narcissism..... Well. Nobody is perfect LOL But honestly Ive seen some degree of improvement there as well. In fact myself and someone else were just discussing that very subject just last night.

I wont say Skyyr has been reborn pure. Far from it.
But on the other hand he's not what he was either.
Death is no easy answer
It ain't pretty

Offline ink

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #214 on: April 25, 2015, 06:32:33 PM »
Everyone knows the distain Ive had for Skyyr. Its no secret. Maybe you are experiencing something different then I am. I am just saying what I am personally experiencing..

Does he still HO. Yes. But I dont always see him to it as his first option and often Its situation appropriate.
Yup he runs. Just like the rest of us when its prudent to do so. But Ive also seen him turn and fight. In fact Ive seen him turn and fight 2-3 people at the same time. In fact I witnessed it just the other night.

I get accused of running a lot too. But thats not often the case in reality. Often I am just trying to either get back some E or create enough separation where I can turn and fight without getting blown out of the sky in the proccess.

As for running. I see a TON of other people who do worse. One pass then if they dont get the kill run to ack types.
Skyyr definitely isnt one of those

No he's a decent stick. He still has some flaws as we all do and one in particular Im waiting for him to figure out on his own

Honor, respect, integrity.  Still quite a ways to go but he's getting there. The very fact That Im defending him here to some extent is at least a small testament to that. And I wouldn't say that if I didnt believe it to be true. I'd have no problems telling a woman that yes her butt looks big in those jeans.

narcissism..... Well. Nobody is perfect LOL But honestly Ive seen some degree of improvement there as well. In fact myself and someone else were just discussing that very subject just last night.

I respect your opinion :salute

Offline Canspec

• Silver Member
« Reply #215 on: April 25, 2015, 06:35:10 PM »
This is a virtual world and the personalities that play in it are just as virtual, choosing to be anyone they want in order to fill their needs at any particular time......you will never really know anyone in here unless you meet them in person.....and very few will want the virtual to interact with the real..... :old:
« Last Edit: April 25, 2015, 06:36:46 PM by Canspec »

Offline Wizz

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
« Reply #216 on: April 25, 2015, 07:30:16 PM »
This is a virtual world and the personalities that play in it are just as virtual, choosing to be anyone they want in order to fill their needs at any particular time......you will never really know anyone in here unless you meet them in person.....and very few will want the virtual to interact with the real..... :old:
this guy is on some serious herb :rock
393rd Bombardment Squadron

CO-Fine
XO-KO

Offline Oldman731

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #217 on: April 25, 2015, 09:07:25 PM »

He is being assimilated.

These things take time.

You cannot resist the Borg.

- oldman

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #218 on: April 25, 2015, 10:10:53 PM »
Well lets put it this way. Ive been here since 2002.
You have been here since at least 2005.

Do you ever remember a time where this debate or complaints about the goings on what was going on hasnt taken place?
If it hasnt changed in 13 years I highly doubt it ever will.

And AGAIN. 200 was created for exactly the reasons people complain about. It was done so people wouldnt have to be subjected to "the bad apples" if they didnt want to be. 200 is NOT the default channel that is in place for people to take part in "social side of the game." It is a chosen channel The fact people Choose to remain on 200 when it is not the default channel. Tells us that the majority of people who are on 200 do not mind the goings on.

As I stated elsewhere. 200 is a train wreck. Problem is people love to watch a train wreck.

I dont take part in 200 a whole lot. Some bantering here and there. A comment here and there and most of the time Im so busy doing other things I barely notice whats on there. But what I do see I simply shake my head and say to myself. It is what it is. It is what the channel was created for.

And like I said. in the 13 years Ive been here it hasnt changed in spite all efforts to change it. Kinda like the war on drugs. Nobody likes excessive drug use. But they see the war as a loosing cause and as such pointless.

Better idea would be to put a disclaimer and for all the people who dont like whats on 200. Tune to channel 100. If there is someone specific on the other side you want to talk to that isnt tuned to your channel. there is always the PM option. Nobody is being hindered to socialize in the way they see fit. If enough people do that then the debate is over and everyone wins.

I have been here since 2001, MDJOE was my name before Fugitive. Channel 200 was made as a cross channel that must be tuned, there by accepting what goes on on 200. However, there still are rules. Those rules are being violated. Players are being bullied and are leaving. Losing those players, and GAINING the reputation of players who chase away new players is not a good business model. If HTC like losing people then I suppose they could ignore the whole thing.

Not the way I would go however.

Offline scott66

• Gold Member
« Reply #219 on: April 25, 2015, 10:21:34 PM »
I fear that HTC will eventually decide to just eliminate 200 or any cross talk possibilities all together
"scott66"        
 XO ThunderHorse Squadron.    

"This place is a psychologist's wet dream".... FishBait

Online DmonSlyr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #220 on: April 25, 2015, 10:24:10 PM »
I have been here since 2001, MDJOE was my name before Fugitive. Channel 200 was made as a cross channel that must be tuned, there by accepting what goes on on 200. However, there still are rules. Those rules are being violated. Players are being bullied and are leaving. Losing those players, and GAINING the reputation of players who chase away new players is not a good business model. If HTC like losing people then I suppose they could ignore the whole thing.

I think you are over stretching this. 200 isn't the problem. It is a video game, crap will always be talked no matter what you do. If you can't handle it become better at the game and beat them in the skies or detune 200. It is really that simple. Channel 200 is not the biggest reason why people are leaving the game. However, the crap talking rudeness should be minimized and hopefully people will learn to change their charactor in a small community where people  actually fight against the same people over and over again. This community is very different than any other game.
The Damned(est. 1988)
-=Army of Muppets=-
2014 & 2018 KoTH ToC Champion

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #221 on: April 25, 2015, 10:32:02 PM »
I think you are over stretching this. 200 isn't the problem. It is a video game, crap will always be talked no matter what you do. If you can't handle it become better at the game and beat them in the skies or detune 200. It is really that simple. Channel 200 is not the biggest reason why people are leaving the game. However, the crap talking rudeness should be minimized and hopefully people will learn to change their charactor in a small community where people  actually fight against the same people over and over again. This community is very different than any other game.

Thats the point, those that are pushing the rules. There are not enough MODs nor are they strict enough to curb the excess. Newbies don't know how to squelch and so get bullied and leave. Other just get tired of the same old BS and both on the channel and in game play and leave.

If there are issue causing people to leave wouldn't it be smart to look at them?

Offline DREDIOCK

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #222 on: April 25, 2015, 10:39:30 PM »

Ok then you very well know that this has been going on for as long as we both have been here and dispite all efforts continues to this day and will for the foreseeable future.
Short of getting rid of text in its entirety. What do you suggest that is actually going to work that hasnt already been tried?

Its a lost cause to stifle it we will just be here at yet another future date repeating the same arguments like a bad broken record of hamsterdance.

Regardless of the rules. 200 is still a choice and not the default. Rather then repeat everything I just said about changing channels. Just refer to those. If enough people are objectionable to the goings on on 200 and simply switch back to default. The argument becomes irrelevant
Death is no easy answer
It ain't pretty

Offline DREDIOCK

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #223 on: April 25, 2015, 10:44:30 PM »
I fear that HTC will eventually decide to just eliminate 200 or any cross talk possibilities all together

Honestly. That is about the only way I see that will actually stop the goings on.
In the end it doesnt matter a ton to me as I dont use 200 a whole lot anyway
Death is no easy answer
It ain't pretty

Offline Masherbrum

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #224 on: April 25, 2015, 10:46:03 PM »
It's easier to bury the heads in the sand and wish it away.   Why on Earth would the guilty be given the boot?
-=Most Wanted=-

FSO Squad 412th FNVG
http://worldfamousfridaynighters.com/
Co-Founder of DFC