Author Topic: The game play lately sucks!  (Read 19897 times)

Offline scott66

• Gold Member
Re: The game play lately sucks!
« Reply #180 on: April 23, 2015, 11:13:21 PM »
Most of those mindless chess thumpers would smack you around in game....so are they truly mindless? :devil
don't listen to junky he's a bully :devil :rofl
"scott66"        
 XO ThunderHorse Squadron.    

"This place is a psychologist's wet dream".... FishBait

Offline JunkyII

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #181 on: April 23, 2015, 11:15:22 PM »
don't listen to junky he's a bully :devil :rofl
:D
DFC Member
Proud Member of Pigs on the Wing
"Yikes"

Offline JimmyC

• Platinum Member
« Reply #182 on: April 24, 2015, 02:37:58 AM »
DA NOW
I'll be along shortly..

Or not

Best to send chest 5 humps to DA to cool their heels
CO 71 "Eagle" Squadron RAF
"I'd rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy."

Offline M1A1

• Copper Member
« Reply #183 on: April 24, 2015, 08:19:43 AM »
If your one of those that say suck it up...or quit...your borderline retarded.

[/quote}

Not retarded at all. Just making the point that no one has a gun pointed to anyone's head making them stay. As for the insult you made about my intelligence that is part of my point!. You could have just as easily stated that you disagreed yet you had to insult me. I find that childish in the least. Truth be told you actually are part of what drives folks away. Then again it is a free country, and you are allowed to show that you have the intelligence of a wad of bellybutton lint. So as we see stupid insults only escalate and do nothing for the game nor the community. Trolling for your entertainment while seemingly amusing to you, is not the way to attract new players and keep them. Then again what do I know because I am retarded??

Offline MrRiplEy[H]

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #184 on: April 24, 2015, 08:40:08 AM »
Hmm if the majority of players don't like something and the only answer to fix it is to suck it up or quit, that doesn't seem like a very smart business decision for HT lol.

Perhaps there aren't enough complainers or do people really just quit without complaining when nothing changes. Questions... JF Sebastian... where can I find him?

« Last Edit: April 24, 2015, 08:42:48 AM by MrRiplEy[H] »
Definiteness of purpose is the starting point of all achievement. –W. Clement Stone

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #185 on: April 24, 2015, 09:24:20 AM »
There is no reason to eliminate Channel 200, if you don't like the channel don't tune to it.  That's why the global chat channel was moved to Channel 200, so those that want to take part in the open chat can tune to the channel.

I think that's the issue tho. Many people would like to talk cross country and get to know the rest of the community,  but then you have all those A holes causing problems with bullying and such.

Keeping 200 is good for the community,  keeping it clean and monitored even better.

Offline JunkyII

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #186 on: April 24, 2015, 01:11:44 PM »
If your one of those that say suck it up...or quit...your borderline retarded.

[/quote}

Not retarded at all. Just making the point that no one has a gun pointed to anyone's head making them stay. As for the insult you made about my intelligence that is part of my point!. You could have just as easily stated that you disagreed yet you had to insult me. I find that childish in the least. Truth be told you actually are part of what drives folks away. Then again it is a free country, and you are allowed to show that you have the intelligence of a wad of bellybutton lint. So as we see stupid insults only escalate and do nothing for the game nor the community. Trolling for your entertainment while seemingly amusing to you, is not the way to attract new players and keep them. Then again what do I know because I am retarded??
Your answer was a "Shut up and color". This may be a personality flaw of mine but if something is wrong, I speak up, and keep speaking up about it (It doesn't matter who you are, told privates their wrong and I wouldn't be afraid to tell a General he's wrong). So when every HQ thread comes along I jump in and offer my 2 cents, that it is flawed....in hopes that the same mistake isn't repeated in Aces High 3, most of us have figured out that HTC isn't going to change Aces High 2...but if we identify problems with Aces High 2, maybe they will fix them in Aces High 3(like the 12 hour rule or HQ). "The first step to solving any problem is to identify the problem"

This is why saying suck it up or quit is retarded(you can replace retarded with stupid if your looking for a different word).....is your suggesting killing your fun as well. Unless you truly like fighting against buildings and auto guns (more power to you) then what your saying will kill the game, slowly it will die and people will get tired of killing auto guns. There is no legit reason to say a "shut up and color", with asking for HQ to be hardened at least HTC will know to make that as a fix in AH3. Your literally telling people to shut up and quit....come on man think about it.
DFC Member
Proud Member of Pigs on the Wing
"Yikes"

Offline Rich46yo

• Platinum Member
« Reply #187 on: April 24, 2015, 01:31:07 PM »
I never had a problem with 200. Ive almost never used it or paid attention to it.

I get a kick out of those who say they have never tuned it yet still call for it to be abolished. :O Explain that one to me?

Its mostly harmless fun and watermelon chat. Its about 99 out of 100 why new players arent kept.
"flying the aircraft of the Red Star"

Offline Guppy35

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #188 on: April 24, 2015, 07:35:16 PM »
What I'd suggest is those calling for the abolishing of 200 are the ones who need to step back and take a look at why they play the GAME.  200 at it's best is where folks from all sides get to talk and share the wealth so to speak.

Going back to my Airwarrior days, it was talking to the guys I was fighting against that lead to a lot of friendships and ultimately a new squad.  There wasn't this silly notion that the guys flying for the other side were bad guys, just opponents to fly and fight against.

All the people who take this game so seriously that they worry about spies, people giving things away on 200 or who knows what else, need to relax and remember this is and will remain a game.

No one really dies, the cartoon airplanes are free.  Enjoy the cartoon combat, get to know folks, maybe share a little WW2 history and get over thinking you are ever going to win the war, as there is no war, and the game goes on forever.

We talk about the AH Community all the time around here.  Building it and adding to it takes interacting, not closing things off and hiding within individual countries or squads.

Dan/CorkyJr
8th FS "Headhunters

Offline seano

• Copper Member
« Reply #189 on: April 24, 2015, 11:27:29 PM »
Reasons I still play aces high ever since air warrior died; the actual realism of the flight models and bullet ballistics, the actual challenge of mastering the game, it's not easy. 
  If there was a better online ww2 combat simulator out there, we'd all already be playing and aces high would be dead. 
      As for getting better gameplay;  try switching countries.  Don't be tied down.  Sometimes it's really fun to be a bish and conquer all.  Sometimes it's awesome to be a knight and bust bish missions and rack up perk points galore.  Sometimes it's awesome to be a rook and fly with your dad, who plays the game.  Or be a rook and fly an awesome et37 bomber mission. 
       Also, don't hesitate to change your name, that's always fun.  It's fun trying to get those perks saved up to fly a b29 or 262. 
          There's plenty of stuff to do to keep it interesting and mess with people's head all at the same time. 

Offline Tumor

• Platinum Member
      • Wait For It
« Reply #190 on: April 25, 2015, 01:58:17 AM »
What I'd suggest is those calling for the abolishing of 200 are the ones who need to step back and take a look at why they play the GAME.  200 at it's best is where folks from all sides get to talk and share the wealth so to speak.

Going back to my Airwarrior days, it was talking to the guys I was fighting against that lead to a lot of friendships and ultimately a new squad.  There wasn't this silly notion that the guys flying for the other side were bad guys, just opponents to fly and fight against.

All the people who take this game so seriously that they worry about spies, people giving things away on 200 or who knows what else, need to relax and remember this is and will remain a game.

No one really dies, the cartoon airplanes are free.  Enjoy the cartoon combat, get to know folks, maybe share a little WW2 history and get over thinking you are ever going to win the war, as there is no war, and the game goes on forever.

We talk about the AH Community all the time around here.  Building it and adding to it takes interacting, not closing things off and hiding within individual countries or squads.

Well said.  Except the spy part.. that's just cheesy.  :aok
"Dogfighting is useless"  :Erich Hartmann

Offline MrRiplEy[H]

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #191 on: April 25, 2015, 02:05:47 AM »
What 200 needs is a permanent squelch list. I don't get why this is so hard to implement.
Definiteness of purpose is the starting point of all achievement. –W. Clement Stone

Offline earl1937

• Gold Member
« Reply #192 on: April 25, 2015, 03:32:39 AM »
What 200 needs is a permanent squelch list. I don't get why this is so hard to implement.
:airplane: Goodness Sakes! I didn't mean to get a up roar started! I think the post by Seano pretty much says it all and I agree with you sir, about the squelching of players. Maybe that is the answer! I do intend to start listening on 200, just to see what all the excitement is about and I can and will squelch someone who is using abusive language or just being an "bully".
I think what a lot of people tend to forget is, there are some very young people on here and I think it is highly disrespectful of an adult to use some of the language that I hear sometimes on regular VOX chann's. I guess I am just to old fashioned for the modern young guys who think that kind of language impresses people. It doesn't impress me and I doubt that it impresses anyone else.
Blue Skies and wind at my back and wish that for all!!!

Offline Lazerr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #193 on: April 25, 2015, 04:44:57 AM »

This is true.  You would basically be able to fine tune your 200 channel,  one door knob at a time.  :D

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #194 on: April 25, 2015, 09:01:31 AM »
:airplane: Goodness Sakes! I didn't mean to get a up roar started! I think the post by Seano pretty much says it all and I agree with you sir, about the squelching of players. Maybe that is the answer! I do intend to start listening on 200, just to see what all the excitement is about and I can and will squelch someone who is using abusive language or just being an "bully".
I think what a lot of people tend to forget is, there are some very young people on here and I think it is highly disrespectful of an adult to use some of the language that I hear sometimes on regular VOX chann's. I guess I am just to old fashioned for the modern young guys who think that kind of language impresses people. It doesn't impress me and I doubt that it impresses anyone else.

Don't squelch bullying, report it!

The other thing, is it isn't the adults that are using that "language" its the kids! teens through the 20's (I know most 20+ THINK there adults, but they are not and will understand when they get older). They think it makes them "cool", "hip" or what ever word they use these days. All it does is make them look immature, but they will learn that too when they get older.

200 can be fun, just learn to spell SQUELCH  :D