Author Topic: Maximize Graphics  (Read 758 times)

Offline timeisnotlinear

• Zinc Member
Maximize Graphics
« on: April 11, 2015, 02:17:13 AM »
So I just set up a new gaming rig to replace my 5 year old one. How do I maximize the game graphics? I couldn't find normal resolution settings and stuff like that. Does that exist?

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
      • HiTech Creations Home Page
Re: Maximize Graphics
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2015, 06:28:37 AM »
In the "Video Settings", set the screen resolution to match the monitor.  Set the "Maximum Texture Size" to 2048.  Install the "High Resolution Texture" package.  Set one notch of anti-alising.

In the game, go to Options->Graphic Details and adjust the options there to fit your needs.  Check the "Advanced" option and enable everything, except "Environmental Mapping".  Set the shadow size to 2048.

If your video card struggles, then back out options in the Options->Graphic Detail->Advanced panel, starting with the shadow options.
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese
support@hitechcreations.com

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2015, 09:48:23 AM »
The video setting button is on the first screen when you first load up the game. The same screen where click on the buttons for "On line arenas" or "off line Practice".

Offline timeisnotlinear

• Zinc Member
« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2015, 06:30:02 PM »
That's the ticket. Thanks for point that out. The dual GTX 970 FTW (SLI Configuration) is working like a charm.  :banana: :airplane: :banana:

What about these settings?
Should they be slid all the way over to the right, or the left:
  • Environment Map
  • Object Detail
  • Ground Detail Range

Also, I saw a place were I could turn Maximum Texture Size up a lot higher than 2048, but it wasn't in the video settings. Can I set it higher?

Offline ink

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #4 on: April 12, 2015, 06:34:55 PM »
That's the ticket. Thanks for point that out. The dual GTX 970 FTW (SLI Configuration) is working like a charm.  :banana: :airplane: :banana:

• Environment Map
  • Object Detail
  • Ground Detail Range

Also, I saw a place were I could turn Maximum Texture Size up a lot higher than 2048, but it wasn't in the video settings. Can I set it higher?

last question is NO....

what do you have for a CPU?

AH is more CPU intensive then Graphics...

Offline timeisnotlinear

• Zinc Member
« Reply #5 on: April 12, 2015, 08:03:09 PM »
Core i7 5820K Haswell 3.3Ghz

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
« Reply #6 on: April 13, 2015, 06:19:43 AM »

• Environment Map
  • Object Detail
  • Ground Detail Range

SLI is not going to get you much with Aces High.  The supplied SLI profile is not optimized for the game, and is not even going to come close to the new version of Aces High we are currently working on.  You'd be lucky to see a 1% increase in performance with SLI.

Play with the "Environment Map" slider and use what you like.  It is the most demanding of all the graphic options.

The other two sliders are going to impact resources/performance, which may not show up until you are in the middle of a large group of players.

The largest, single texture in the current version of Aces High is 2048.  Setting it any higher is not going to do anything.

The current version of Aces High is more CPU dependent than video card dependent.  The next version of the game will reverse that.
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese

Offline timeisnotlinear

• Zinc Member
« Reply #7 on: April 13, 2015, 09:43:51 PM »
 :aok

Offline Getback

• Platinum Member
« Reply #8 on: April 25, 2015, 02:44:25 PM »
I think I learned something here.

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

Offline Chalenge

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #9 on: April 25, 2015, 09:20:34 PM »
If you like the Sick Puppy Custom Sound Pack the please consider contributing for future updates by sending a months dues to Hitech Creations for account "Chalenge." Every little bit helps.

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
« Reply #10 on: April 27, 2015, 06:39:14 AM »
You can beg here for a profile:

https://forums.geforce.com/default/topic/477765/official-nvidia-sli-profile-request-thread/?offset=382

Good luck!

I would not ask for a new profile until we release the next update.  The graphic engine is radically different and will require a very different SLI profile.
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese

Offline Chalenge

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #11 on: April 27, 2015, 07:14:45 PM »
I agree. After all this time I don't see them suddenly coughing up a proper profile, but . . . wait and see.
If you like the Sick Puppy Custom Sound Pack the please consider contributing for future updates by sending a months dues to Hitech Creations for account "Chalenge." Every little bit helps.