Author Topic: shades  (Read 1234 times)

Offline Volron

• Platinum Member
Re: shades
« Reply #15 on: May 15, 2015, 11:59:20 AM »
Hmmm, so one decides to poke the tiger.  Wonder what the tiger is going to do. :headscratch:
Quote from: hitech
Wow I find it hard to believe it has been almost 38 days since our last path. We should have release another 38 versions by now  :bhead
HiTech
Quote from: Pyro
Quote from: Jolly
What on Earth makes you think that i said that sir?!
My guess would be scotch.

Offline Dragon Tamer

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #16 on: May 15, 2015, 12:22:24 PM »
Hmmm, so one decides to poke the tiger.  Wonder what the tiger is going to do. :headscratch:

https://youtu.be/M4t0aeTX954?t=19s

Offline Yankee67

• Copper Member
« Reply #17 on: May 15, 2015, 12:24:46 PM »
The name of the game is having fun.  If people find it fun operating shades, and other people find it fun countering them, let them do it.  Especially when there's one country rolling a map, enjoying 2:1 numbers advantage, and still operating a shade.  At that point, why not bring out a shade and see what kind of wrench you can throw in their works.  Heck, this week I saw Cybro drop field sups in a town we were about to take.  Not that I think that works (resupping an enemy town), but the effort to try and wrench things up was inspiring.
Y67 (6/2/13 - 9/17/13)            8thJinx (9/17/13 -   )

B-24H Liberator SN 294837-T, "The Jinx", 848th BS, 490th BG, 8th AF, RAF Station Eye, delivered 1943. Piloted by Lt. Thomas Keyes, named by his crew, and adorned with bad luck symbols, the aircraft survived the entire war.

Offline Zoney

• Platinum Member
« Reply #18 on: May 15, 2015, 01:18:37 PM »
"When some among them I had recognised,
I looked, and I beheld the shade of him
who made through cowardice the great refusal."
- Dante's Inferno

I no longer have complaints about other players' shade behavior.  I used to think it was a pretty weak way to game the game.  But real wars have their spies, so it's understandable that they're permitted in this game.  And the game is about having fun, so try to have fun with it.  With that said, here are my general suggestions on how to have fun with shades:

1. The best way to counter a shade is with a shade.   

Absolutely ridiculous.
Wag more, bark less.

Offline glzsqd

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
« Reply #19 on: May 15, 2015, 01:26:16 PM »
Why do people care about shades? If some loser wants to waste 30dollars a month on this game let them.
See Rule #4

Offline waystin2

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #20 on: May 15, 2015, 01:38:10 PM »
CO for the Pigs On The Wing
& The nicest guy in Aces High!

Offline Yankee67

• Copper Member
« Reply #21 on: May 15, 2015, 01:43:07 PM »
Zoney, while using a shade to counter a shade may seem ridiculous, the game allows for it, and it's actually fun.  To each his own.  I would say, however, that if the cybro-parking-a-jeep-in-the-bomber-hangar hadn't become such a meme, we wouldn't be talking about this.
Y67 (6/2/13 - 9/17/13)            8thJinx (9/17/13 -   )

B-24H Liberator SN 294837-T, "The Jinx", 848th BS, 490th BG, 8th AF, RAF Station Eye, delivered 1943. Piloted by Lt. Thomas Keyes, named by his crew, and adorned with bad luck symbols, the aircraft survived the entire war.

Offline 68ZooM

• Platinum Member
« Reply #22 on: May 15, 2015, 01:45:53 PM »
The OP Shade Hunters. :old:
Lol that's ironic considering they also have a couple shades
UrSelf...Pigs On The Wing...Retired

Was me, I bumped a power cord. HiTEch

Offline Someguy63

• Gold Member
« Reply #23 on: May 15, 2015, 01:54:15 PM »
Lol that's ironic considering they also have a couple shades

Exactly lol :rofl
Anarchy
#Taterz
-=Army of Muppets=-
"Imagination rules the world"

Offline captain1ma

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
      • JG54 website
« Reply #24 on: May 15, 2015, 02:15:52 PM »
maybe some people got shades so they can fly different sides due to side switching times. this way they can change sides at a moments notice and still have fun......

maybe it has nothing to do with score or with dweebiness or gaming the game, but rather making it a better experience.

maybe they do it to infiltrate other squads so they can fly with 2 squads at the same time?

maybe they do it just to make people crazy and post these nutty threads that are going to end up getting locked anyway?

:airplane:   :joystick:

Online Gman

• Gold Member
« Reply #25 on: May 15, 2015, 03:07:22 PM »
I've always wondered if anyone took this game SO seriously that they had 3 PCs running with an account on each being viewed in real time, and a 4th PC so they could view recorded films in real time (close to it at least) to help ID other cons.

I guess that question has been pretty close to answered.  Talk about committed - multiple shade accounts...I thought one was a sign of taking things too seriously...

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #26 on: May 15, 2015, 03:10:56 PM »
What's a shade?? :huh
bustr - POTW 1st Wing

This is like the old joke that voters are harsher to their beer brewer if he has an outage, than their politicians after raising their taxes. Death and taxes are certain but, fun and sex is only now.

Offline pembquist

• Silver Member
« Reply #27 on: May 15, 2015, 03:51:15 PM »
What's a shade?? :huh
It's this thing that shields your eyes from light glare, like from a window or a light bulb.
Pies not kicks.

Offline JOACH1M

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #28 on: May 15, 2015, 03:58:18 PM »
You people complain at the first sight of defense your attempt at a smash and grab base take. Get over it
FEW ~ BK's ~ AoM
Focke Wulf Me / Last Of The GOATS 🐐
ToC 2013 & 2017 Champ
R.I.P My Brothers <3