Author Topic: shades  (Read 1275 times)

Offline tuba515

• Copper Member
shades
« on: May 14, 2015, 11:49:37 PM »
now before we all start pointing fingers at who we "think" is a shade please please do not do it here.
Rooks and the 49th have been watching one account for awhile and have to come to almost a definite agreeable conclusion that Cybro is shade account.  We have done "test" missions and sure enough he would show in a jeep and see what is taking off and the mission would just happen to fail majorly weather low or high.   We have come to some conclusion that its a bish shade , but don't know who or why. I feel i needed to say this not to accuse but to bring to the matter that there is shade accounts out there. What do we do to prevent this? what tactics to use?  :salute

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
Re: shades
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2015, 11:56:20 PM »
well to be honest, i feel like switching to rooks to just see what you guys are up to.  the 49th's have made it a mission to how should I say, give the finger to 90% of the players who insist on not taking hq down.  but you guys insist on spending 2 days in gv's just to take hq down.

so, how's to blame?  you guys or everybody else.  btw I am switching to rooks, not to spy but just to learn how to fly at 40k in a p51.

have a nice weekend  :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:.

semp
you dont want me to ho, dont point your plane at me.

Offline Zimme83

• Gold Member
« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2015, 02:10:57 AM »
 :rofl  :noid
''The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge'' - Stephen Hawking

Offline Scherf

• Gold Member
« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2015, 04:12:22 AM »
I did not post in this thread.
... missions were to be met by the commitment of alerted swarms of fighters, composed of Me 109's and Fw 190's, that were strategically based to protect industrial installations. The inferior capabilities of these fighters against the Mosquitoes made this a hopeless and uneconomical effort. 1.JD KTB

Offline mbailey

• Platinum Member
« Reply #4 on: May 15, 2015, 05:01:05 AM »
well to be honest, i feel like switching to rooks to just see what you guys are up to.  the 49th's have made it a mission to how should I say, give the finger to 90% of the players who insist on not taking hq down.  but you guys insist on spending 2 days in gv's just to take hq down.

so, how's to blame?  you guys or everybody else.  btw I am switching to rooks, not to spy but just to learn how to fly at 40k in a p51.

have a nice weekend  :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:.

semp

Good answer Semp   :aok    :cheers:

My advice on how do deal with it....aluminum foil, lots and lots of aluminum foil

« Last Edit: May 15, 2015, 05:03:51 AM by mbailey »
Mbailey
80th FS "Headhunters"

Ichi Go Ichi E
Character is like a tree and reputation like its shadow. The shadow is what we think of it; the tree is the real thing.

When the game is over, the Kings and Pawns all go into the same box.

Offline MrKrabs

• Gold Member
      • AH-Freebirds.com
« Reply #5 on: May 15, 2015, 06:06:16 AM »
Tin foils hats! Tin foil hats here! Buy one get one free!
The boiling pot is put away and the crab has gone back to sea...

Offline waystin2

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #6 on: May 15, 2015, 06:09:49 AM »
CO for the Pigs On The Wing
& The nicest guy in Aces High!

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
      • HiTech Creations Home Page
« Reply #7 on: May 15, 2015, 06:25:57 AM »
Locked for violation of forum posting rule #8.
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese
support@hitechcreations.com

Offline Yankee67

• Copper Member
« Reply #8 on: May 15, 2015, 11:16:16 AM »
"When some among them I had recognised,
I looked, and I beheld the shade of him
who made through cowardice the great refusal."
- Dante's Inferno

I no longer have complaints about other players' shade behavior.  I used to think it was a pretty weak way to game the game.  But real wars have their spies, so it's understandable that they're permitted in this game.  And the game is about having fun, so try to have fun with it.  With that said, here are my general suggestions on how to have fun with shades:

1. The best way to counter a shade is with a shade.   
2. Make your shade known to you fellow countrymen, so if your country needs to pull old painless out of the bag and deal with a shade, they know who to call upon.
3. If a shade is foolish enough to park on a runway or out in the open like Cyrbo is known to, summon a countryman with a known shade, and have them come back for an easy kill.  Repeat for as long as you find it fun.
4. If you hear that a shade is operating, but can't find him and you have time to kill, up a plane and do a loop around a field about 2/3 the way out to the dar ring.  Then land, save film, log out, and check film to find him.  Re-up your shade, and get the easy kill.
5. If a known shade is operating in your territory, can't get a kill due to distance or find him at all, but feel compelled to counter it, up your own shade and share your gathered intel with your countrymen, and with the third country.
6. If a known shade is operating in your territory and you feel compelled to counter it, sink as many carriers and reveal as many missions run by the offending country as possible.

I personally don't condone it, but if they're going to do it, why on earth not have some fun with it?  And it turns out that it is actually a good deal of fun.   
Y67 (6/2/13 - 9/17/13)            8thJinx (9/17/13 -   )

B-24H Liberator SN 294837-T, "The Jinx", 848th BS, 490th BG, 8th AF, RAF Station Eye, delivered 1943. Piloted by Lt. Thomas Keyes, named by his crew, and adorned with bad luck symbols, the aircraft survived the entire war.

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #9 on: May 15, 2015, 11:25:11 AM »

semp
you dont want me to ho, dont point your plane at me.

Offline Wiley

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #10 on: May 15, 2015, 11:34:06 AM »
If you people spent 1/10th of the energy you spend worrying about countering shades adjusting your tactics to deal with resistance, the only thing shades could do that could possibly impact you is kill CVs.

IE-If your plan requires no resistance to succeed, your plan sucks.

Wiley.
If you think you are having a 1v1 in the Main Arena, your SA has failed you.

JG11

Offline scott66

• Gold Member
« Reply #11 on: May 15, 2015, 11:35:17 AM »
   I see a Locked for violation of forum posting rule #8. .. :D. Coming soon
« Last Edit: May 15, 2015, 11:39:26 AM by scott66 »
"scott66"        
 XO ThunderHorse Squadron.    

"This place is a psychologist's wet dream".... FishBait

Offline pembquist

• Silver Member
« Reply #12 on: May 15, 2015, 11:38:44 AM »
I always wondered how best to conduct a witch hunt.
Pies not kicks.

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 15, 2015, 11:51:59 AM »
1. The best way to counter a shade is with a shade.

Some players randomly scream "shade" all the time just as a weak excuse to use them themselves "for the greater good".
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline Someguy63

• Gold Member
« Reply #14 on: May 15, 2015, 11:56:22 AM »

Some players randomly scream "shade" all the time just as a weak excuse to use them themselves "for the greater good".

The OP Shade Hunters. :old:
Anarchy
#Taterz
-=Army of Muppets=-
"Imagination rules the world"