Author Topic: Full graphics settings  (Read 1748 times)

Offline mikev

• Nickel Member
Re: Full graphics settings
« Reply #30 on: May 28, 2015, 10:16:03 PM »
well im not going to mess around with my next graphic card . i got the money so its going to  be the titan x . the only problem im having is finding a builder who will work with me . seems every builder keeps building what he wants to build and forgets im the customer . so far i have tried NCIX and the IT guy and the local builder here in town. fustrating  :bhead
1 Of these days you will regret shooting me down.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_R4qb6_RPUc

Offline TequilaChaser

• AH Training Corps - Retired
  • Plutonium Member
      • The Damned - founded by Ptero in 1988
« Reply #31 on: May 28, 2015, 10:46:13 PM »
well im not going to mess around with my next graphic card . i got the money so its going to  be the titan x . the only problem im having is finding a builder who will work with me . seems every builder keeps building what he wants to build and forgets im the customer . so far i have tried NCIX and the IT guy and the local builder here in town. fustrating  :bhead

send me your parts/components and I'll build whatever you want free of charge, you just pay for parts and shipping......... I don't want no money for building it, I don't mind helping fellow AH Community members...  don't think I've had any complaints ever ( only have put 5 or 6 together and gave them to people playing AH, built many others for other people though ), only recall one time I inquired about an item in the classifieds and a member got a little upset when I inquired again 3 months later having forgot all about the first time I inquired about the item... honest slip of the ole mind it was...heh

I don't care too much to mess with ECS, MSI MB's,.... WD or Seagate HD's ( hoping WD gets better since they bought out HGST/Hitachi  HD's ),

would even register all your components for you for warranty purposes under your name, or give you details on how to follow through doing it, I think I am up to 63 computers built from scratch and/or upgraded......

but in any case wish you best of luck

TC
"When one considers just what they should say to a new pilot who is logging in Aces High, the mind becomes confused in the complex maze of info it is necessary for the new player to know. All of it is important; most of it vital; and all of it just too much for one brain to absorb in 1-2 lessons" TC

Offline mikev

• Nickel Member
« Reply #32 on: May 28, 2015, 11:17:50 PM »
send me your parts/components and I'll build whatever you want free of charge, you just pay for parts and shipping......... I don't want no money for building it, I don't mind helping fellow AH Community members...  don't think I've had any complaints ever ( only have put 5 or 6 together and gave them to people playing AH, built many others for other people though ), only recall one time I inquired about an item in the classifieds and a member got a little upset when I inquired again 3 months later having forgot all about the first time I inquired about the item... honest slip of the ole mind it was...heh

I don't care too much to mess with ECS, MSI MB's,.... WD or Seagate HD's ( hoping WD gets better since they bought out HGST/Hitachi  HD's ),

would even register all your components for you for warranty purposes under your name, or give you details on how to follow through doing it, I think I am up to 63 computers built from scratch and/or upgraded......

but in any case wish you best of luck

TC

this is what i have so far
http://pcpartpicker.com/user/MAVADAKIN/saved/#view=RB248d
 but its been said i would be better off with this cpu Intel i7 4790 CPU 4.0 GHZ. other things like the case , the mother board for the Intel i7 4790 CPU 4.0 GHZ and so forth im leaving the door open. want the 16 gigs of ram but upgradable to 32 at my convience . if someone has use a case they like better  that is fine by me as well . i store very little data on my system itself easier for me to save it on external HDs .
  the goal here is to build a system i wont have to worry about  major overhauls any time soon. i spent $1000 just on upgrades for the current system i have and by the time AH3 comes out i will be stressing that system to its limit. so phooy on doing more upgrades lets go big and bad so i can concentrate on learning this game, run all the eye candy to max and have some FUN. then when you all shoot me down i wont have any excuses.lol

Offline MrRiplEy[H]

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #33 on: May 29, 2015, 12:13:50 AM »

I hope you realize that a titan x is not good for games, price per dollar. You're going to be better off waiting for the next generation of GTX 980 if that's not fast enough for you. The Titan series cards are meant more for CUDA based calculations than gaming.
Definiteness of purpose is the starting point of all achievement. –W. Clement Stone

Offline Masherbrum

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #34 on: May 29, 2015, 12:22:13 AM »

Get a 980 and save about $400.
-=Most Wanted=-

FSO Squad 412th FNVG
http://worldfamousfridaynighters.com/
Co-Founder of DFC

Offline mikev

• Nickel Member
« Reply #35 on: May 29, 2015, 12:47:19 AM »

If the 980 ti comes out before i build i will

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #36 on: May 29, 2015, 12:59:39 AM »
mikev I have the 770 and it handles the next ah generation really good.  I would save the money and wait for nvidia prices to go down.

semp
you dont want me to ho, dont point your plane at me.

Offline Skyyr

• Silver Member
« Reply #37 on: May 29, 2015, 01:17:49 AM »

Yeah, but wait until the 980 Ti is released. Prices should be good on it by then.
Skyyr

Tours:
166 - 190
198 - 204
218 - 220
286 - 287
290 - ---

nrshida: "I almost beat Skyyr after he took a 6 year break!"
A few moments later...

vs Shane: 29-7

"Some men just want to watch the world burn."

Offline mikev

• Nickel Member
« Reply #38 on: May 29, 2015, 10:28:19 AM »
1 thing you are all missing is i dont want to deal with any issues on graphics. good is good but best is the direction im heading for years to come

Offline MrRiplEy[H]

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #39 on: May 29, 2015, 10:36:47 AM »
1 thing you are all missing is i dont want to deal with any issues on graphics. good is good but best is the direction im heading for years to come

Yeah but a Titan X is a false move. While it performs much better than the old Titan and seems to beat the 980 with a good margin, chances are that when 980 will be updated that margin will be slim. Of course if 400 bucks is peanuts for you, go for it. You probably would benefit more from 980 SLI at this point though. Too bad AH doesn't work well with it.

« Last Edit: May 29, 2015, 10:39:50 AM by MrRiplEy[H] »
Definiteness of purpose is the starting point of all achievement. –W. Clement Stone

Offline mikev

• Nickel Member
« Reply #40 on: May 29, 2015, 11:02:11 AM »
Yeah but a Titan X is a false move. While it performs much better than the old Titan and seems to beat the 980 with a good margin, chances are that when 980 will be updated that margin will be slim. Of course if 400 bucks is peanuts for you, go for it. You probably would benefit more from 980 SLI at this point though. Too bad AH doesn't work well with it.

(Image removed from quote.)

thats part of the problem there is no "best performer"  each card has its flaws . my point is get the best now so i dont have to do it again 5 years later. computers can nickel and dime us trying to keep up. i want something that i will not have to keep up till AH 4 or 5
 comes out. now if anybody can come up with the answer to that im listening

Offline TequilaChaser

• AH Training Corps - Retired
  • Plutonium Member
      • The Damned - founded by Ptero in 1988
« Reply #41 on: May 29, 2015, 11:42:17 AM »
i want something that i will not have to keep up till AH 4 or 5

honestly, I doubt even HTC could answer this , because right now, they are suggesting to wait just "2 weeks" ( <--- tongue in cheek: hehe ) on upgrading or building a new PC, until Aces High (3) is released.... AH2 was called AH 2 for just a few years then HTC went back to calling it "Aces High" dropping the "2 nomenclature" part of the name..... even though people still refer to it as AH2 these days......

I'm finishing up on 2 full AMD cpu & gpu builds for my parents who wanted this to be their last computers they need ( they both are 69 yrs old and poor health ), and in my research the (2) AMD FX4350 factory overclocked  & unlocked 4.2 Ghz quadcore cpu's, showed to be better than nearly all other AMD processors performance wise in differing games, outside of that most expensive FX9590 (<--- think that is the model, dang thing is a 220watt cpu, beat that cpu could heat a house )....always when looking at all those benchmarks on paper Intel will nearly always be at the top.... anyways.... they wanted performance but wanted to be reasonable on the cost of building...... but I am betting these 2 AMD computers will be right on par with if not better than that i5-4790? intel cpu.......

done this Intel vs AMD comparison before back in 2011..... my AMD Q975 3.6 Ghz quadcore cpu and AMD XFX6870 1 GB gpu was just as good if not better in some areas as an identical Intel build only difference being the Intel i7-2600K 3.4 Ghz quadcore & XFX6950 2 GB gpu verse the AMD components........ same amount of Ram 16 GBs, same Crucial m4 SSD's, etc.... the better XFX 6950 did allow me to have just a bit better in video tweaking ability, but heck both PC's ran dang near identical, ran under 38 degree C or lower on MB and VC and CPU, and the AMD system still kicked the intel systems arse in autocad where as the Intel system beat the AMD system in video editing...... game wise one could not see any difference in how they performed, one could not tell what system they was using if they were never told and was testing them out..... my personal view of the Intel vs AMD debate anyway........ the intel system did cost an extremely significant amount more to build though.....

sorry for the wall of text....... one just needs to pair up the right components, do their research, and properly tweak/adjust their OS and computer to run the most efficiently.......... something I bet probably 90% of the AH Player base does not do or do correctly...... again, my personal view

TC
« Last Edit: May 29, 2015, 11:47:39 AM by TequilaChaser »
"When one considers just what they should say to a new pilot who is logging in Aces High, the mind becomes confused in the complex maze of info it is necessary for the new player to know. All of it is important; most of it vital; and all of it just too much for one brain to absorb in 1-2 lessons" TC

Offline MrRiplEy[H]

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #42 on: May 29, 2015, 11:43:49 AM »
thats part of the problem there is no "best performer"  each card has its flaws . my point is get the best now so i dont have to do it again 5 years later. computers can nickel and dime us trying to keep up. i want something that i will not have to keep up till AH 4 or 5

With the new AMD wide memory bus cards coming your titan x may be antiquated in 2 years. Buying premium usually doesn't pay out very well in computer world.

Offline Chalenge

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #43 on: May 29, 2015, 02:44:35 PM »
May be? In two years everything will be antiquated.

When you can find one, the 980 Ti will be worth every dollar. Or, you can wait on the next AMD card. It only makes sense that the fastest card will give you the better performance, but with AMD poised to release a new card (Fiji/Fury) you may want to wait to see how that goes.
If you like the Sick Puppy Custom Sound Pack the please consider contributing for future updates by sending a months dues to Hitech Creations for account "Chalenge." Every little bit helps.

Offline Pudgie

• Silver Member
« Reply #44 on: May 29, 2015, 02:48:48 PM »
honestly, I doubt even HTC could answer this , because right now, they are suggesting to wait just "2 weeks" ( <--- tongue in cheek: hehe ) on upgrading or building a new PC, until Aces High (3) is released.... AH2 was called AH 2 for just a few years then HTC went back to calling it "Aces High" dropping the "2 nomenclature" part of the name..... even though people still refer to it as AH2 these days......

I'm finishing up on 2 full AMD cpu & gpu builds for my parents who wanted this to be their last computers they need ( they both are 69 yrs old and poor health ), and in my research the (2) AMD FX4350 factory overclocked  & unlocked 4.2 Ghz quadcore cpu's, showed to be better than nearly all other AMD processors performance wise in differing games, outside of that most expensive FX9590 (<--- think that is the model, dang thing is a 220watt cpu, beat that cpu could heat a house )....always when looking at all those benchmarks on paper Intel will nearly always be at the top.... anyways.... they wanted performance but wanted to be reasonable on the cost of building...... but I am betting these 2 AMD computers will be right on par with if not better than that i5-4790? intel cpu.......

done this Intel vs AMD comparison before back in 2011..... my AMD Q975 3.6 Ghz quadcore cpu and AMD XFX6870 1 GB gpu was just as good if not better in some areas as an identical Intel build only difference being the Intel i7-2600K 3.4 Ghz quadcore & XFX6950 2 GB gpu verse the AMD components........ same amount of Ram 16 GBs, same Crucial m4 SSD's, etc.... the better XFX 6950 did allow me to have just a bit better in video tweaking ability, but heck both PC's ran dang near identical, ran under 38 degree C or lower on MB and VC and CPU, and the AMD system still kicked the intel systems arse in autocad where as the Intel system beat the AMD system in video editing...... game wise one could not see any difference in how they performed, one could not tell what system they was using if they were never told and was testing them out..... my personal view of the Intel vs AMD debate anyway........ the intel system did cost an extremely significant amount more to build though.....

sorry for the wall of text....... one just needs to pair up the right components, do their research, and properly tweak/adjust their OS and computer to run the most efficiently.......... something I bet probably 90% of the AH Player base does not do or do correctly...... again, my personal view

TC

Thank you TC for causing me to suffer for the next 2 hours rehashing to my self why I don't need to build a AMD-powered box.........cause I WANT to build 1 sooo baaddd........... I am wanting to go w/ the FX-9570 on an Asus Crosshair 990X ROG mobo using 16Gb AMD Radeon DDR3 2666Hz mem but I just can't justify gutting out my current box to use the same case, I already have a...............hey I just had a thought.....................

I do have my old Intel C2D gaming box still.........I could gut it's case (CM 690 Nvidia sers), pull all out of the CM Storm Scout case & put the Intel 2011 stuff in sig below in it then build out this AMD build in my CM Storm Scout..........but I got a TON of perfectly good computer components that are rendered surplus & I have nowhere else to put any more perfectly good components that hardly no one else wants as I already have surplus tech that goes all the way back to 2001 era...............but I have a very hard time just parting w/ all this stuff as it brings back sooo many good memories...............

See, I'm blaming you for resurrecting the sentimental side in me........................... .........

:D  :aok

But you can bet your hiney that as soon as I can come up w/ justification that I can live with I WILL be building 1................

:salute

Win 10 Home 64, AMD Ryzen 9 3900X, MSI MPG X570 Gaming Plus, GSkill FlareX 32Gb DDR4 3200 4x8Gb, XFX Radeon RX 6900X 16Gb, Samsung 950 Pro 512Gb NVMe PCI-E SSD (boot), Samsung 850 Pro 128Gb SATA SSD (pagefile), Creative SoundBlaster X7 DAC-AMP, Intel LAN, SeaSonic PRIME Gold 850W, all CLWC'd