Author Topic: Powerful meme....  (Read 3373 times)

Offline MrRiplEy[H]

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
Re: Powerful meme....
« Reply #30 on: May 24, 2015, 01:58:18 PM »
Anyone glorifying war is an idiot. No way around it.
Definiteness of purpose is the starting point of all achievement. –W. Clement Stone

Offline Wmaker

• Platinum Member
      • Lentolaivue 34 website
« Reply #31 on: May 24, 2015, 01:59:25 PM »
Where does it advocate " those who kill innocent civillians "just to be on the safe side"." ??  No where.

These statements have what to do with the subject?  To an honest mind, absolutely nothing.  You are creating connections where they do not exist beyond your own contrivances and are the product of your personal weakness.  Have enough respect for yourself to not reveal them to the world as it will most likely come back to undermine you in the future.

My personal weakness? Right... :rofl

Like I said, no other country has performed such a genocide in the 21st century. The picture which started this thread had a pretty clear picture of an american equipped paratrooper in it. Considering the events on this millenuim, I commented the meme as I saw fit. Again (may not be simple to you though), simple as that. And, as I said, I'm glad I have nothing to do with such genocide.
Wmaker
Lentolaivue 34

Thank you for the Brewster HTC!

Offline FBKampfer

• Nickel Member
« Reply #32 on: May 24, 2015, 02:08:24 PM »
You make some remarkable leaps without regard to logic or decency simply for the convenience of serving your shallow self righteous arrogance.  Your statements are indeed profound and detract from your humanity in that you say what you want to serve your agenda without any respect for truth.  Maybe at some point you will achieve the level of self respect necessary to understand that how you treat others is reflective of you far more than them.  There is simply no relationship between this meme and your agenda.

Don't attack widdow as a person, and address his points. Just because he's stepped on your Murica boner doesn't necessarily make him wrong.

US soldiers are hardly perfect, and definely not agents of god. At least not any god worthy of believing in. But if you feel that way, back it up! Show the righteousness and holy infallibility of the US soldier! Disprove any false accusations of failure and wrongdoing against him!

Because that's exactly what it will take. "Murica and our freedom!!! Mc Donalds! Koch Brothers!" is no longer an acceptable argument against anything and everything you want to throw it at.
AvA Development Group
Freebird SAC member

Great men are forged in fire; it is the privilege of lesser men to light the flames.

Offline Mar

• Gold Member
« Reply #33 on: May 24, 2015, 02:18:21 PM »
𝒻𝓇𝑜𝓂 𝓉𝒽𝑒 𝓈𝒽𝒶𝒹𝑜𝓌𝓈 𝑜𝒻 𝓌𝒶𝓇'𝓈 𝓅𝒶𝓈𝓉 𝒶 𝒹𝑒𝓂𝑜𝓃 𝑜𝒻 𝓉𝒽𝑒 𝒶𝒾𝓇 𝓇𝒾𝓈𝑒𝓈 𝒻𝓇𝑜𝓂 𝓉𝒽𝑒 𝑔𝓇𝒶𝓋𝑒

"Onward to the land of kings—via the sky of aces!"
  Oh, and zack1234 rules. :old:

Offline rabbidrabbit

• Gold Member
« Reply #34 on: May 24, 2015, 02:31:00 PM »
It's hard to say whether he is trolling or just an arrogant bigot.  I suppose it does not really matter.  Either way does more to undermine his character than I can do. 

I agree that that no person is perfect but none of his points have anything to do with the meme.  If you think I'm pounding the 'Murica drum, you are wrong.  One can easily fault the leadership for mishandling the invasion and attempt to rebuild Iraq.  My issue is with his broad reaching claims that have nothing to do with the subject.  He derailed the thread for his own personal weakness to include arrogance and bigoted broad judgements that are so broad as to be categorical statements when a honest person would understand such absolutes are impossible and greatly insulting to those swept with said wide brush.

Do you really believe that  I " find killing innocent people a-ok" from my statements?  Obviously not.  Do you really believe that the US engaged in systemic genocide in Iraq?  No honest person would make those statements.  You could argue that the US intervention in Iraq unintentionally brought about opportunity for those with genocidal intentions to operate in the theater.  You could also argue that innocent people died as the result of the intervention?  Sure, but again, this is nothing near his accusations which again, have nothing to do with the meme posted which shows a soldier jumping into a situation to presumably aide and innocent child who is hoping for salvation.  That's all it shows.  The rest of this thread is contrived crap.

Offline FBKampfer

• Nickel Member
« Reply #35 on: May 24, 2015, 02:51:06 PM »
No it wasn't systematic genocide, but his point was that the meme is a toejamty joke for probably more people than its accurate for. But in the states we ignore that as an inconvenience standing in the way of our idealized image of the American soldier. We really have glorified the military almost as bad as Hitler did, and it worries me.

Do we need to respect our soldiers? Of course. They've agreed to lay down their lives for us if the need arises. But we seem incapable of realizing that not EVERY death is in defense of the US, and her people. More often than not lately, it's been in defense of the dollar. Perhaps it's because people can't stand the thought that their brothers and sons are dying for an awful cause, and so they HAVE to ignore the bad for their own mental and emotional wellbeing.

But the problem is that because they justify that awful cause, our leadership has not reason to alter course. There is nothing inherently good, virtuous, or sacred about the United States or our leaders or system and of government. If it doesn't best serve the greatest number of people, we need to change it. But it won't happen until people start to think critically about the assumptions they've been indoctrinated with since birth.
« Last Edit: May 24, 2015, 02:52:38 PM by FBKampfer »
AvA Development Group
Freebird SAC member

Great men are forged in fire; it is the privilege of lesser men to light the flames.

Offline rabbidrabbit

• Gold Member
« Reply #36 on: May 24, 2015, 03:11:11 PM »
I generally agree with much of your position but you can surely see the difference between what you posted and his actions which were no better than the worst of which he has such high contempt for.  Such broad judgements are greatly bigoted against those who sacrificed so much to make the best of an imperfect situation. 

He chose to hijack this thread to spout such bigotry with blatant disregard for the original poster and this message board.

It's been fun and again, for the record, none of this has much of anything to do with the original post.

Offline Wmaker

• Platinum Member
      • Lentolaivue 34 website
« Reply #37 on: May 24, 2015, 03:30:42 PM »
Such broad judgements

Well, people killed by the US arms cannot speak.

And, as I said, there's thousandths upon thousands of them. And that is the quite of an big 'elephant' in this 'room' (this bbs) which no one has said anything about. There's a huge number of civilians in Iraq that have been killed for every US life. The difference in those numbers is so huge that, it cannot be considered anything but genocide...again, as simple as that. It is not "criminal negligence". Tens of thousands of civilians. Again, I'm glad I have no part in it.
« Last Edit: May 24, 2015, 03:33:56 PM by Wmaker »
Wmaker
Lentolaivue 34

Offline ink

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #38 on: May 24, 2015, 03:33:50 PM »
Whenever someone says 'what would Jesus do' I try to remind them that flipping tables and chasing people with a whip is within the possibilities.

very true...

but he did not kill them now did he.....

and BTW his real name is Yeshua...."jesus" is the name satan gave him..... :cheers:

I wont speak about the meme.....

read sig :aok

Offline FBKampfer

• Nickel Member
« Reply #39 on: May 24, 2015, 03:34:36 PM »
I generally agree with much of your position but you can surely see the difference between what you posted and his actions which were no better than the worst of which he has such high contempt for.  Such broad judgements are greatly bigoted against those who sacrificed so much to make the best of an imperfect situation. 

He chose to hijack this thread to spout such bigotry with blatant disregard for the original poster and this message board.

It's been fun and again, for the record, none of this has much of anything to do with the original post.

I took it to be a criticism of the United States in general, not of our soldiers in particular. When you get down to it, it's our fault 40000+ are dead. We elected the halfwits that botched the conflict in every possible manner, and then did nothing to demand they atone for their mistakes.

Even worse, we're also letting them worm their way out of the debt they owe the veterans themselves. We have veterans with PTSD being left untreated, being kept in the service until they act out, and can then be dishonorably discharged with no benefits, being kept from the care they need by Golly-geen bureaucracy.

We as a country have failed miserably to responsibly act as a wold power, and in the debt we owe our own soldiers, and allies. It's obscene how selfish and complacent we've grown.
AvA Development Group
Freebird SAC member

Offline FBKampfer

• Nickel Member
« Reply #40 on: May 24, 2015, 03:35:15 PM »
very true...

but he did not kill them now did he.....

and BTW his real name is Yeshua...."jesus" is the name satan gave him..... :cheers:

I wont speak about the meme.....

read sig :aok

I disagree with everything you just said.
AvA Development Group
Freebird SAC member

Offline rabbidrabbit

• Gold Member
« Reply #41 on: May 24, 2015, 03:37:05 PM »
Well, people killed by the US arms cannot speak.

And, as I said, there's thousandths upon thousands of them. And that is the quite of an big 'elephant' in this 'room' (this bbs) which no one has said anything about. There's a huge number of civilians in Iraq that have been killed for every US life. The difference in those numbers is so huge that, it cannot be considered anything but genocide...again, as simple as that. It is not "criminal negligence". Tens of thousands of civilians. Again, I'm glad I have no part of in it.

What does that have to do with the original post?  It does not say anything about the nationality of the soldier.  It only implies that part of a soldiers duty is to try to protect the innocent.  I'm sorry you disagree with that but whether you like it or not, many soldiers have gone far out of their way to protect innocents. 

Offline ink

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #42 on: May 24, 2015, 03:44:59 PM »
I disagree with everything you just said.

really...well maybe you should do a bit of research :cheers:

I know everyone likes to think they cant be wrong....but I can prove "jesus" is not his original name..... and I can prove what his original name was.

the KJV bible came out in 1611...the word "jesus" is no where in it...instead the name Isous(sp?) is there which is a Greek translation of Yeshua.

those are facts so open your eyes or believe the lies your choice.

edit

and BTW Gods name really isn't "The LORD"  ;)
« Last Edit: May 24, 2015, 03:47:06 PM by ink »

Offline Wmaker

• Platinum Member
      • Lentolaivue 34 website
« Reply #43 on: May 24, 2015, 03:46:31 PM »
but whether you like it or not, many soldiers have gone far out of their way to protect innocents.

For sure, but they tend to have different nationality than what is depicted in the said 'meme'. As I said, the ones that carry the fatigue and equipment in the pic tend to kill a lot of civillians (as per the statistics I provided). I'm just not a big fan of killers of civillians. And that is what US does best.....considering a few tens of years....
« Last Edit: May 24, 2015, 03:48:43 PM by Wmaker »
Wmaker
Lentolaivue 34

Offline Volron

• Platinum Member
« Reply #44 on: May 24, 2015, 03:47:01 PM »
This is funny.  A LOT of people read FAR TOO DAMN MUCH into it than it should've been.

I'll tell you what I saw; A neat poster that had a little too much religious tag to it for my liking, but was a bit funny anyway.  Nothing more.  Someone pointed out that it's symbolism, and it is.  I merely agreed to that.  Doesn't mean I back it.

Some of you are being complete idiots about it, and are really only using it to vent your frustration that it is against whatever it is you believe in.
Quote from: hitech
Wow I find it hard to believe it has been almost 38 days since our last path. We should have release another 38 versions by now  :bhead
HiTech
Quote from: Pyro
Quote from: Jolly
What on Earth makes you think that i said that sir?!
My guess would be scotch.