-=Army of Muppets=-
"Imagination rules the world"

Offline Zoney

• Platinum Member
Re: Fifa
« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2015, 01:33:01 PM »
Oh come on already.  They only received

150 million

in payouts from countries who cheated to get the games.

Disgusting.

Wag more, bark less.

Offline Beefcake

• Gold Member
« Reply #3 on: May 27, 2015, 03:56:19 PM »
I love how John Oliver took them down last year, it's great to finally see something being done about them.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DlJEt2KU33I
Retired Bomber Dweeb - 71 "Eagle" Squadron RAF

Offline Wolfala

• Platinum Member
« Reply #4 on: May 27, 2015, 03:56:57 PM »

To educate yourself. It's a good thing

the best cure for "wife ack" is to deploy chaff:    $...$$....$....$$$.....$ .....$$$.....$ ....$$

Offline Curval

• Plutonium Member
      • http://n/a
« Reply #5 on: May 27, 2015, 06:21:56 PM »
Proud colonial here!

:banana:

Take that action Blatter & Co.!  We don't want your money, we just want you gone. :rock

I was hardly shocked by any of these revelations though.  I attended a conference in Miami a few years back in which Andrew Jennings spoke.  He called this whole situation many years ago and has been like a pit bull trying to get people to listen.  He must feel really vindicated today!
Some will fall in love with life and drink it from a fountain that is pouring like an avalanche coming down the mountain

Offline PR3D4TOR

• Gold Member
« Reply #6 on: May 27, 2015, 06:42:30 PM »
No gods or kings. Only Predator.

Offline Scherf

• Gold Member
« Reply #7 on: May 27, 2015, 07:33:44 PM »
Yup, good on the States for this one.

I hope they add FIFA to the same collection as UCI, as it was the States, and only the States, that got brought some practical hurt against the corruption of international cycling.

Wonder which of the three monkeys Sepp Blatter will be playing for the next little while.
... missions were to be met by the commitment of alerted swarms of fighters, composed of Me 109's and Fw 190's, that were strategically based to protect industrial installations. The inferior capabilities of these fighters against the Mosquitoes made this a hopeless and uneconomical effort. 1.JD KTB

Offline Hajo

• Platinum Member
« Reply #8 on: May 28, 2015, 01:12:11 AM »
It is about time!

Am I a soccer fan? no.  However it is a great game.  The majority of the world loves it.

Jeremy Schapp did a great report on FIFA and Blatter on ESPN and the wrong doing that was discovered awhile back.

The investigations are not over by a longshot.  9 FIFA Officials and 5 company executives have already been indicted.

Some have pled guilty already.  They are co operating with the authorities.

Blatter has not been indicted as of yet.  Feeling on my part............he will be.
- The Flying Circus -

Offline Curval

• Plutonium Member
      • http://n/a
« Reply #9 on: May 28, 2015, 10:20:22 AM »
I thought when the term colonial was used in the OP the reference was to the whistleblowers who refused to be bribed....they were from Bermuda, Cayman and Turks and Caicos.. ACTUAL colonials. :rofl
Some will fall in love with life and drink it from a fountain that is pouring like an avalanche coming down the mountain

Offline zack1234

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #10 on: May 28, 2015, 11:06:30 AM »
A Colonial is everyone who live in a country Britain invented,educated or civilised :old:

New jersey i cannot comment on
There are no pies stored in this plane overnight

The GFC
Pipz lived in the Wilderness near Ontario

Offline PR3D4TOR

• Gold Member
« Reply #11 on: May 28, 2015, 12:15:57 PM »
Would that make Britons... French colonials? William the Conqueror and all. And btw. isn't your royal family Germans?  :P
No gods or kings. Only Predator.

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 28, 2015, 12:44:19 PM »
Blatter has not been indicted as of yet.  Feeling on my part............he will be.

I doubt that.
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline Hajo

• Platinum Member
« Reply #13 on: May 28, 2015, 01:03:01 PM »

I doubt that.

Snailman what would make you think he did no wrong?  Or is he just that powerful that he is bullet proof?
- The Flying Circus -

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 28, 2015, 01:18:30 PM »

Snailman what would make you think he did no wrong? 

I think it's not that improbable he actually didn't.
By that i mean wrong in a strict legal sense.

All those that had been arrested now had been for corruption, money laundering and so on. And not for being power-hungry megalomaniacs.
There is no indication (so far) that Mr Blatter has ever taken any amount of money for himself taken part in any actually illicit activities. I'm absolutely convinced he was aware of a high level of corruption in the ranks of the FIFA, but he may very well have been smart enough to make it impossible to prove this general awareness.
For him it was probably all about his personal power and the power of FIFA itself. Like a good old Machiavellian Princeps, he made very good use of all the weaknesses of everyone around & under him.
Underlings getting rich? Fine, as long as they function in my interests. I exploit their weakness. And if they suddenly refuse to play my way, I may be able to blackmail them very subtly by my knowledge about their dirty little secrets...
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman