Author Topic: Fifa  (Read 1632 times)

Offline zack1234

• Plutonium Member
Re: Fifa
« Reply #15 on: May 28, 2015, 02:42:42 PM »
Would that make Britons... French colonials? William the Conqueror and all. And btw. isn't your royal family Germans?  :P

william was a viking
There are no pies stored in this plane overnight

The GFC
Pipz lived in the Wilderness near Ontario

Offline BuckShot

• Silver Member
« Reply #16 on: May 28, 2015, 02:55:56 PM »
FIFA donated $$$ to the Clinton foundation... Go figure.
Game handle: HellBuck

Offline Curval

• Plutonium Member
      • http://n/a
« Reply #17 on: May 28, 2015, 04:11:36 PM »
Like a good old Machiavellian Princeps, he made very good use of all the weaknesses of everyone around & under him.

Underlings getting rich? Fine, as long as they function in my interests. I exploit their weakness. And if they suddenly refuse to play my way, I may be able to blackmail them very subtly by my knowledge about their dirty little secrets...

Spot on.
Some will fall in love with life and drink it from a fountain that is pouring like an avalanche coming down the mountain

Offline Bruv119

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://www.thefewsquadron.co.uk
« Reply #18 on: May 28, 2015, 04:19:43 PM »
So are we going to have a re-vote on the 2022 World Cup?

Qatar is an appalling joke, they locked up BBC journalists for reporting on the slave labour being used to build the massive football stadiums in the desert where they don't even understand the game. 

I say it should be held in England, way overdue for it and the stadiums are already fit for purpose.
The Few ***
F.P.H

Offline ghi

• Gold Member
« Reply #19 on: May 28, 2015, 05:18:09 PM »
The charges could be real, but why now ,after russians secured the 2018 world Cup and before new FIFA president elections? Why mix socer with politic?
How did FBI found out about this? sniffing international sport agencies also ,same like Angela Merkel"s phone and its own citizens ?  Look who's talking about coruption, the only government in the world where in highest places coruption is legal and just labeled "lobbying".
I remember reading somewhere: "Sleeping nations create monsters" .

From Time magazine : the other side of the coin;

"But why, the Russians asked, would a nation as indifferent to soccer as the U.S. pursue a corruption probe at the heart of the game? Even more suspect to many in Moscow was the timing ...

His question referred to an appeal that 13 U.S. Senators sent last month to the President of FIFA, Sepp Blatter, asking him to move the 2018 World Cup to another country. After Putin decided last spring to invade and annex Ukraine’s Crimea region, “allowing Russia to host the FIFA World Cup inappropriately bolsters the prestige of the Putin regime at a time when it should be condemned,” the Senators wrote in the letter, which was dated April 1.

Less than three weeks later, Blatter met with Putin in the Russian resort city of Sochi and issued an apparent rebuttal to the appeals from Capitol Hill. “If politicians are not too happy that we are taking the World Cup to Russia, I always say to them, ‘Well, you can stay home, and in Russia we will hold the biggest world cup ever,'” the FIFA chief told Putin on April 20, according to a transcript on the Kremlin website."

http://time.com/3898314/fifa-scandal-world-cup-russia-vladimir-putin/

Offline MWL

• Nickel Member
« Reply #20 on: May 28, 2015, 07:10:01 PM »
As part of a settlement, can we require FIFA to refer to 'Soccer' as 'Soccer' and not 'Football' (which is played by 22 men - 11 per team - on a 100 yard field)?

:bolt:

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #21 on: May 28, 2015, 08:42:51 PM »
As part of a settlement, can we require FIFA to refer to 'Soccer' as 'Soccer' and not 'Football' (which is played by 22 men - 11 per team - on a 100 yard field)?

:bolt:

last time men played football was back in the 70's.

semp
you dont want me to ho, dont point your plane at me.

Offline Scherf

• Gold Member
« Reply #22 on: May 28, 2015, 08:55:44 PM »
Christ, the Russians believe in conspiracies the way some parts of Africa believe in witchcraft.

"Vlad, honey, it's not always about you."
... missions were to be met by the commitment of alerted swarms of fighters, composed of Me 109's and Fw 190's, that were strategically based to protect industrial installations. The inferior capabilities of these fighters against the Mosquitoes made this a hopeless and uneconomical effort. 1.JD KTB

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #23 on: May 28, 2015, 10:23:26 PM »
Christ, the Russians believe in conspiracies the way some parts of Africa believe in witchcraft.

"Vlad, honey, it's not always about you."

you mean parts of texas believe they're being invaded.

semp
you dont want me to ho, dont point your plane at me.

Offline Hajo

• Platinum Member
« Reply #24 on: May 28, 2015, 10:47:07 PM »
I think it's not that improbable he actually didn't.
By that i mean wrong in a strict legal sense.

All those that had been arrested now had been for corruption, money laundering and so on. And not for being power-hungry megalomaniacs.
There is no indication (so far) that Mr Blatter has ever taken any amount of money for himself taken part in any actually illicit activities. I'm absolutely convinced he was aware of a high level of corruption in the ranks of the FIFA, but he may very well have been smart enough to make it impossible to prove this general awareness.
For him it was probably all about his personal power and the power of FIFA itself. Like a good old Machiavellian Princeps, he made very good use of all the weaknesses of everyone around & under him.
Underlings getting rich? Fine, as long as they function in my interests. I exploit their weakness. And if they suddenly refuse to play my way, I may be able to blackmail them very subtly by my knowledge about their dirty little secrets...

Your point is well taken.  Good vision.
- The Flying Circus -

Offline Scherf

• Gold Member
« Reply #25 on: May 29, 2015, 12:20:07 AM »
All in all, it's a great kid's game, perverted by the "adults" who play and run it.

Enrolled my kid for a soccer league few weeks back, not an insubstantial amount of $$, no doubt some of this goes to the national federation, from there to FIFA.

Also grumblings in the press down here about $45m in (to my amazement) taxpayer money which went on our bid for one of the world cups, I think 2022. "No-one's really sure where the money went."

Ehm, what?
... missions were to be met by the commitment of alerted swarms of fighters, composed of Me 109's and Fw 190's, that were strategically based to protect industrial installations. The inferior capabilities of these fighters against the Mosquitoes made this a hopeless and uneconomical effort. 1.JD KTB

Offline zack1234

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #26 on: May 29, 2015, 12:39:13 AM »
I started this thread and guess what?

I coul not care a dogs wet turd about FIFA or anything to do with football.

ALL professional sportsman are Mercenarys and play ONLY for coin.

So these sports Cartels are corrupt?

They get jack from me.

If you do sport for yourself that is a different scene.

The amoung of coin made by football taken from the ignorant $100 football shirt wearing peasants :rofl

Only thing i am anoyed about is how come  i cannot steal of these lemmings and not have to pay tax?

There are no pies stored in this plane overnight

The GFC
Pipz lived in the Wilderness near Ontario

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 29, 2015, 04:10:50 AM »
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline DmonSlyr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #28 on: May 29, 2015, 08:04:52 AM »
Around 1200 or more deaths so far building that stadium. What a joke/disaster. No one even wants to go to Qatar. Would I bring my children to a FIFA world cup in Qatar? hell no. Many reports about the slave labor going on over there and here they are getting bribed millions of dollars. I wouldnt be suprised if that stadium collapsed. What a bunch a sorry POS these people are, and anyone who is affiliated with Corporate FIFA. Its such a shame how these  clowns can ruin such a great thing for society on a global level.
« Last Edit: May 29, 2015, 08:06:26 AM by DmonSlyr »
The Damned(est. 1988)
-=Army of Muppets=-
2014 & 2018 KoTH ToC Champion

Offline Curval

• Plutonium Member
      • http://n/a
« Reply #29 on: May 29, 2015, 02:34:31 PM »
Some will fall in love with life and drink it from a fountain that is pouring like an avalanche coming down the mountain