Author Topic: A Modest Proposal to Fix Gameplay  (Read 8061 times)

Offline Interceptor

• Copper Member
Re: A Modest Proposal to Fix Gameplay
« Reply #45 on: May 28, 2015, 04:54:15 PM »
Your "money" comittee would means 1% would decide game mechanics for 99% others players : just need that precision when u say "players would rule the game"... :O

Alot of discussion on the AvA arena. Good but not the point.

A player owned server and controlled by the players would be what they would want for the Main Arena.  2, 3 or 4 sided arena. Arena settings they want.  etc..

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #46 on: May 28, 2015, 04:55:54 PM »
I'm fairly certain the rest of us got the OP and what 'they' want.  ;)

Offline hitech

• Administrator
  • Administrator
      • http://www.hitechcreations.com
« Reply #47 on: May 28, 2015, 04:57:53 PM »

A player owned server and controlled by the players would be what they would want for the Main Arena.  2, 3 or 4 sided arena. Arena settings they want.  etc..

And exactly how are you going to create a 2 or 4 sided arena?

HiTech

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #48 on: May 28, 2015, 04:59:48 PM »
And exactly how are you going to create a 2 or 4 sided arena?

HiTech

by bribing you with 500,000?

semp
you dont want me to ho, dont point your plane at me.

Offline JimmyC

• Platinum Member
« Reply #49 on: May 28, 2015, 05:02:17 PM »
I want to play more..not sit on a board ..it's boring..
Leave it to the Boss..he's on a roll
why try fix a game with  amatures
thats being fixed by someone who knows what they are doing already  :headscratch:
CO 71 "Eagle" Squadron RAF
"I'd rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy."

Online The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #50 on: May 28, 2015, 05:08:56 PM »
I took the OP as a "tongue in cheek" way of saying "shut up and play the game!" as getting a bunch of players to invest 500,000 is NOT a"Modest Proposal".

I do believe that game play CAN be fixed by the players. Players have got to stop the gamey crap that ruins good game play!  :D

While I joke with that statement it is some what true. If mission planners made their missions so that it wasn't a horde attacking a single V base it could spread the fights out and with the challenge just be more fun.

Why not make more GV missions using a couple of spawn points and ATTACK a field instead of having them all circl one spawn point to camp.

Like someone else pointed out, why don't the top sticks run the higher eny rides? More challenge for them, better chance for a newbie to go against them. Maybe they wouldn't run as much if they thought they might have a chance at winning?

If there are 2 guys on an enemy already, look for another fight! If its' 2 guys on a friendly jump in and help the poor guy.

All of these things are little things I think each player could adopt and still have fun playing the game the way they want. It could make it fun for the other players as well.

On the other hand, I'm more of a realist. I know that very few players actually look at these message boards.   

All of us at the AvA are trying hard to make it a fun and Flyable place.. We have asked for ideas, No one answered. We have set up several setups we thought people would come into , No one came . We do try to make somewhat historical sets, We also try to make different sets, such as Tank night , monday night bombing raids. Last Monday we had 18 show up for a great night .

You all say that AvA is dead and should be gone, so help us out .Just pm one of the staff and give us some ideas! The arena has always been a 2 side war. We have no enemy icons and We DO accommodate a players wish by adding a plane or a night. Jaeger has done his best to make the AvA a good place to come in. You just needed to come in !!

This is one of the biggest reasons AvA has a hard time getting anything going. They "advertise" in the wrong place. Much like these guys that post about the scenarios and FSO's, posting on these boards is like hanging a sign in front of your house on a telephone pole. Not enough people see it here, so turn outs are low. This is another reason we should have better communication for.

Not everyone is on Facebook and Twitter, nor do they hang out here. The only thing EVERYONE sees is the log in screen, but that is HTC's area and they already have enough to do. In the old days we had an email news letter that that came out once a month I think. It was a couple pages and had tips for playing the game and sometimes an "interview" with one of the better known players. I think they also "advertised" scenarios in it too.

Something like that that could keep everyone "up to date" with whats available may aid in getting more people to try the scenarios, FSO, or even check out Mondays Nights in the AVA! Add in "official" hints at what is coming next in Aces High and you could most likely sell them!   :D

I hope game play gets better, I hope there are some "tweaks" to it in the new version because pretty isn't going to bring in all that many new players. I hope players finally realize that there is a lot more to this game they have been playing and explore it and use those things a bit more. I hope they challenge themselves not only to get better for their own entertainment, but for the rest of us as well.

Offline DmonSlyr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #51 on: May 28, 2015, 05:24:26 PM »
Messages on the main board of the game about up and coming events sounds like a good idea!!
The Damned(est. 1988)
-=Army of Muppets=-
2014 & 2018 KoTH ToC Champion

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #52 on: May 28, 2015, 05:47:05 PM »
If Hitech, errrr, Skuzzy, was willing.

Add a clipboard page similar to the MOTD called "Coming Events". When it pops out, it shows a quick calendar of upcoming and current events and contacts. Also shows an AvA mini weekly calendar of events.

But, we don't want to make Skuzzy a slave to something like that, do we...... Dang those dorks, they forgot to give me their event sheet for the week. And now they are whining at me...AGAIN... :bolt:

For the new Aces High player, with AH3 being their first experience. It would be a step up from forcing the newbie to sink or swim in figuring out where to find information. Yes, if you were persistent in AH1\AH2, hung in there for a few years developing friendships in the MA. Eventually you were told where everything was hiding or NOT.

The new clipboard sheet would advertise in exactly the right place. If....you can get anyone to go the next step and click on that button. Not everyone would enjoy it popping up first thing every time they logged in. We have anti-social jaded, seen it all, done it all, in AH grumps who would regularly wish list for it to be disabled and relegated to a button click. 
bustr - POTW 1st Wing

This is like the old joke that voters are harsher to their beer brewer if he has an outage, than their politicians after raising their taxes. Death and taxes are certain but, fun and sex is only now.

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #53 on: May 28, 2015, 05:50:54 PM »
Not a bad idea, Buster. Rather than Skuzzy, I wonder if it can be updated by rotating volunteers?  ;)

(This is almost 'Deja Vu'ish. I used to try and maintain an AvA event website and do banners for such when they were displayed on the AH site/forum.)

Offline shppr01

• AvA Staff Member
  • Gold Member
« Reply #54 on: May 28, 2015, 05:52:37 PM »
This is one of the biggest reasons AvA has a hard time getting anything going. They "advertise" in the wrong place. Much like these guys that post about the scenarios and FSO's, posting on these boards is like hanging a sign in front of your house on a telephone pole. Not enough people see it here, so turn outs are low. This is another reason we should have better communication for.

I agre with you on that ! I just found the facebook page last month , Im a little slow these days ! We will be adding in there as well .
Ingame : Shipper

Never put your gun down to hug a grizzly.

Offline Zoney

• Platinum Member
« Reply #55 on: May 28, 2015, 05:56:24 PM »

Maybe so, but this thread is hardly a Modest Proposal either.

The AvA and other options are being discussed because the OP is not an option most likely mate.
Wag more, bark less.

Offline Saito

• Copper Member
« Reply #56 on: May 28, 2015, 06:06:16 PM »
 :headscratch:
  JG52 "Experten" - Main Arena XO

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #57 on: May 28, 2015, 06:15:35 PM »
Maybe so, but this thread is hardly a Modest Proposal either.

The AvA and other options are being discussed because the OP is not an option most likely mate.

well you know back in the day 1/2 a million dollars was actually a lot of money  :old: :old: :old:.

semp
you dont want me to ho, dont point your plane at me.

Offline Biggamer

• Nickel Member
« Reply #58 on: May 28, 2015, 07:24:59 PM »
well this is a dumb idea letting the rich run the game would put the game under for sure because 99% of players are not gonna stay to let a select few choose how they play the game sorry that wont happen, one fix i hope we get in AH3 is the 12 hour rule gone i dont change countries unless my squad does but that dont stop others and many did change alot before the 12 hour rule and it made for good fights now furballs are few and far between i know beating a dead horse aint making it come back to life but when the 12 hour rule was put into effect furballs has only went down hill to the point now they are damn near gone and if you aint on the country where the furball might be going on at well ....... set and watch the red dar bar only wishing you could be a part of it
G3-MF

Offline pembquist

• Silver Member
« Reply #59 on: May 28, 2015, 07:35:22 PM »
If you really wanted to make the game better with your own money you should pay to advertise it, put together a LAN bus and go to airshows, fly ins, air museums etc.
Pies not kicks.