Author Topic: Your rig  (Read 16577 times)

Offline Chalenge

• Plutonium Member
Re: Your rig
« Reply #120 on: July 13, 2015, 02:20:02 PM »
OK I will reiterate this again... and speak slowly to certain people... I........ am.......... running.....T....R....I....P. ...L....E.....S.....C.....R.. ..E.....E...N......
LawnDart

I would swing those monitors into portrait configuration and use them at native resolution. Your card is about the same as my old GTX 680, and even though I was using two of them I believe it should work as well as what you have now. So, unless you are saying the monitors all have different resolutions it should be better for you. You do not have to run at native resolution they just need to running at the same resolution, but if one monitor has a different aspect ratio then it will be a problem.
If you like the Sick Puppy Custom Sound Pack the please consider contributing for future updates by sending a months dues to Hitech Creations for account "Chalenge." Every little bit helps.

Offline ebfd11

• Platinum Member
      • [b]POTW[/b]
« Reply #121 on: July 13, 2015, 02:41:50 PM »
1920 X5890 with bezel correction...

LAwnDart
PIGS ON THE WING 3RD WING

InGame id: LawnDart
RIP Skullman Potzie and BentNail

Offline Chalenge

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #122 on: July 13, 2015, 03:19:53 PM »
Portrait mode. Something closer to 3240 x 1920. What you have now is landscape. Portrait mode *should* give you better performance.
If you like the Sick Puppy Custom Sound Pack the please consider contributing for future updates by sending a months dues to Hitech Creations for account "Chalenge." Every little bit helps.

Offline Bizman

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #123 on: July 14, 2015, 01:45:23 AM »
1920 X5890 with bezel correction...

LAwnDart
There must be a typo somewhere, my calculations show that a single monitor runs at 1920 x 1963 in your system which means the screens were totally square instead of 16/9 rectangular.
Quote from: BaldEagl, applies to myself, too
I've got an older system by today's standards that still runs the game well by my standards.

Kotisivuni

Offline Chalenge

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #124 on: July 14, 2015, 02:53:58 AM »
Yes, of course this is the orientation I am talking about:

Most monitors don't come with the ability to pivot like that, so you may have to make accommodations. You don't have to actually do the pivot to test it though. Just use the Nvidia Control Panel to rotate the display (which can get frustrating) in software and run the benchmark. If you get better results then you can decide from there.

I had planned for this when I designed my desk (4' x 7') and so I then just created a bookshelf to suit the situation (and with allowances for rack mount audio equipment and stereo tuner).

From there it is just a matter of finding VESA mounts that can pivot and you can even change orientation on the fly.

http://www.amazon.com/Cheetah-Monitor-Displays-Includes-Magnetic/dp/B0088RIV1W/ref=pd_sim_229_1?ie=UTF8&refRID=0P4YBNDZEYES3SBK1SR9

« Last Edit: July 14, 2015, 02:55:54 AM by Chalenge »

Offline Dragon Tamer

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #125 on: July 14, 2015, 12:37:58 PM »
So wait... having 3 different sized monitors takes away more performance than having 3 equal size monitors?

Offline Chalenge

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #126 on: July 14, 2015, 01:20:02 PM »
The odd resolution Lawndart is reporting is probably because of bezel correction. If the monitors are not the same model they may not support similar resolutions and may suffer from the synch polarity issue. There is a way to force your way past the issue by forcing the same driver onto all three monitors, but it's a hack and not supported for that reason.

Landscape Surround modes create aspect ratios that are higher than the standard single screen ratios, while portrait modes more closely approach standard modes. This is one reason why in some games (AH for example) that setting the aspect ratio even ideally will result in stretching of the rendered scene. This is a known problem with surround and you can verify these facts by reading the Nvidia Whitepaper on Surround Best Practices.

That is why I recommend sticking closer to standard aspect ratios. It is not going to be a miracle cure, but it should offer some small percentage improvement.

Offline ebfd11

• Platinum Member
      • [b]POTW[/b]
« Reply #127 on: July 14, 2015, 02:07:09 PM »
Yees I have Bezel correction in it... and yes I do have a nice triple arm mount ... i will try the portrait and see how that look... never thought about it...

LawnDart
PIGS ON THE WING 3RD WING

InGame id: LawnDart
RIP Skullman Potzie and BentNail

Offline 38ruk

• Gold Member
      • @pump_upp - best crypto pumps on telegram !
« Reply #128 on: July 19, 2015, 07:27:43 PM »
Thought my score of 1110 was low , so i saw that amd released new drivers 15.7 sometime in the last week or so, and tried them. So far so good . They also enabled VSR for a bunch of different series cards. Might be worth checking out if you have an amd card

Offline alskahawk

• Silver Member
« Reply #129 on: July 21, 2015, 10:03:34 AM »
 here is my rig. Almost everything is over 3 years old. But it still keeping up with this game.
                       Antec 900 gaming case
                       ThermTake 750 watt PSU
                       Gygabyte GA 990-FXA-UD3
                       AMD 4.2 Ghz quad
                       16 GB DDR3 Ram
                       10,000 rpm Raptor HD
                       2-660GTX Video cards
                       CH Products Throttle, Combat Stick, Rudder pedals
                       Trac IR5
                       24 inch Samsung Monitor.

Offline IamSalem

• Copper Member
« Reply #130 on: July 25, 2015, 08:15:31 AM »
Geforce GTX 750ti
Gigabyte 970A-D3P
EVGA 600B
AMD Core Fx-6300
Kingston 120gb SSD
G.Skill 8gb x2
1 TB HD
Corsair Spec-01 case
2x Corsair 120mm Red LED fans (plus a third a friend gave me for free that I have as a back vent)

For fighting tools,
Thrustmaster stick and throttle
Aula LED backlit keyboard
Turtle Beach X12
Logitech G502

Offline 38ruk

• Gold Member
« Reply #131 on: August 01, 2015, 04:18:06 PM »
Here is the new 390 non X 8 gb card from MSI

Offline Kanth

• Gold Member
« Reply #132 on: September 09, 2016, 11:15:45 AM »
I know this thread is old but so is my current system. And it gives me a good comparison.  This is what I play AH3 with right now.
That's actually windows 10.

Gone from the game. Please see Spikes or Nefarious for any Ahevents.net admin needs.

Offline Bizman

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #133 on: September 09, 2016, 12:24:20 PM »
Kanth, I have had the same processor running at 3.8 GHz for a year or so now. The temperature stays low, below 50 celsius/120 F. The only thing I did was to raise the bus speed to 400. I'm not quite sure about the motherboard automatically raising the voltage though, it's currently 1.6 V. At this point I don't care about longevity, if it dies prematurely a new one costs next to nothing.
Quote from: BaldEagl, applies to myself, too
I've got an older system by today's standards that still runs the game well by my standards.

Kotisivuni

Offline 38ruk

• Gold Member
« Reply #134 on: September 09, 2016, 01:01:46 PM »
Hot-hardware was running 4.3 Ghz on air with a 1.336 Vcore so i would think it has too much Vcore in it .  Have you tried to bump it up anymore ? Your already running alot of vcore , might as well hehe.

http://hothardware.com/reviews/wolfdale?page=2