Author Topic: Your rig  (Read 17219 times)

Offline 38ruk

• Gold Member
      • @pump_upp - best crypto pumps on telegram !
Re: Your rig
« Reply #150 on: September 12, 2016, 08:23:52 PM »
Here is the 980ti

Offline Chalenge

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #151 on: September 12, 2016, 09:11:30 PM »
That's more in keeping with what I had as a result. I would really like to see how the 1080s bench by comparison.

BTW, I think the low frames may be because of a slower HDD, and I notice this Heaven benchmark does not seem to respond well to SLI.
If you like the Sick Puppy Custom Sound Pack the please consider contributing for future updates by sending a months dues to Hitech Creations for account "Chalenge." Every little bit helps.

Offline Pudgie

• Silver Member
« Reply #152 on: September 12, 2016, 09:44:52 PM »
Hmmm pudgie , surprised my 390 scored a little better than yours cause it shouldn't. Mine came in a bit over 3800, wonder why.  My 980ti just came so i figured id run the 390 threw with the settings above just to compare . Your Min FPS seems a bit low , im thinking you must be running a higher setting somewhere that we aren't .

Hi 38ruk,

The 1st benchmark is from using the latest Unigine Heaven Benchmark 4.0 which is far more GPU intensive than Unigine Valley Benchmark 1.0.

Here is my Fury x under the Valley Benchmark 1.0 using the same settings as in the Heaven Benchmark 4.0:

Note the difference.

Also note that the Fury X actually ran faster avg FPS under the Heaven Benchmark 4.0 than Valley Benchmark 1.0 but scored higher under Valley Benchmark 1.0 than Heaven Benchmark 4.0.

This tells me that these benchmarks score more towards the GPU's ability to actually render quality graphics frames, especially concerning the polygon counts, fill rates, etc within them, and less on how fast they do it.

:salute
« Last Edit: September 12, 2016, 10:06:29 PM by Pudgie »
Win 10 Home 64, AMD Ryzen 9 3900X, MSI MPG X570 Gaming Plus, GSkill FlareX 32Gb DDR4 3200 4x8Gb, XFX Radeon RX 6900X 16Gb, Samsung 950 Pro 512Gb NVMe PCI-E SSD (boot), Samsung 850 Pro 128Gb SATA SSD (pagefile), Creative SoundBlaster X7 DAC-AMP, Intel LAN, SeaSonic PRIME Gold 850W, all CLWC'd

Offline Gman

• Gold Member
« Reply #153 on: September 12, 2016, 10:14:17 PM »
Just got a couple of the new Titans, and moved out a couple 1080s in SLI for them.  I don't have plans to run them SLI long term, just to do some fooling around and some tests, and then run them as single cards for our PCs we're using for the Rift and Vive, as VR is pretty much a single GPU deal still right now. 

Offline 38ruk

• Gold Member
      • @pump_upp - best crypto pumps on telegram !
« Reply #154 on: September 13, 2016, 02:27:00 AM »
Hi 38ruk,

The 1st benchmark is from using the latest Unigine Heaven Benchmark 4.0 which is far more GPU intensive than Unigine Valley Benchmark 1.0.

Here is my Fury x under the Valley Benchmark 1.0 using the same settings as in the Heaven Benchmark 4.0:

Note the difference.

Also note that the Fury X actually ran faster avg FPS under the Heaven Benchmark 4.0 than Valley Benchmark 1.0 but scored higher under Valley Benchmark 1.0 than Heaven Benchmark 4.0.

This tells me that these benchmarks score more towards the GPU's ability to actually render quality graphics frames, especially concerning the polygon counts, fill rates, etc within them, and less on how fast they do it.

:salute

Drrrr... im an idiot haha .... didnt even notice the 1.0 VS 4.0 difference . No wonder ive been looking at scores and wondering whats going on lol.  Thanks for the info ! <S>