Author Topic: can someone post the accepted skins?  (Read 3021 times)

Offline USCH

• Silver Member
can someone post the accepted skins?
« on: July 04, 2015, 09:17:08 PM »
just what we were talking about b4, like who knows what skin the B26skin2_34 is? kind of thing...

Offline Devil 505

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
Re: can someone post the accepted skins?
« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2015, 10:52:27 PM »
I was short on time to finish and submit a few 109s and P-40 skins, and didn't have time to make preview posts. I'll make some screenies soon.

Of course that doesn't answer the B-26 issue.
Kommando Nowotny

FlyKommando.com

Offline JVboob

• Nickel Member
« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2015, 05:36:34 AM »
Is there a different 49th FG 7th FS skin for the P40N? I dont like the white. Many of the 7th FS's P40Ns were ODgreen with a white tail, blue prop hub (light blue, where the yellow is on the current white P40N skin). I know absolutly nothing when it comes to skinning or any fancy program stuff like that. lol If there isnt one in the new skins could you maybe make one? and another wish that I would <3 you for ever for would be a 49th FG skin on the 38J (most of the squadrons kills in the P-38 were in the J yet no skin for it :((((((((((( pweaty pweeeeeeeeeeeeease  :angel: :angel: :angel: :angel: :angel: :angel:
"Sighhhhhhhhhh, office closed do to ice for a day, And I miss a thread like this.."HiTech
Armed N Hammered 2002-2003
JG44 Night Hawks/JV44 Butcher Birds 2003-2009
49th Fighter Group fightn' 49ers Feb2012-present
138th FW Tulsa, OK 2009-2015

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
      • HiTech Creations Home Page
« Reply #3 on: July 06, 2015, 07:33:38 AM »
I did post the skins,  along with images, but Firefox does not seem to want to scale the images sizes (all the other browsers, including IE and Pale Moon do) so I yanked the page.

In the future, I am think about making it a requirement to upload pictures of the skinn at submission time.  It has always been optional, but no one has ever sent any images in.  It's been the primary reason we have not reworked the skins download page and why we have not posted news about skin batches.

If you are not using Firefox, here is the link to the page we took down.
http://www.hitechcreations.com/company-info/news/15-newsflash

We just do not have time to create all the thumbnails, along with creating all the images.
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese
support@hitechcreations.com

Offline oboe

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #4 on: July 06, 2015, 10:20:21 AM »
...but no one has ever sent any images in...

Just FYI, I know I included images for the last batch of skins I submitted.  It was the first time I used the skin submission page and I thought the ability to include screenshots was a nice feature of the submission process.   If you have never received any images, perhaps there is a submission page bug?

Offline Greebo

• Skinner Team
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #5 on: July 06, 2015, 12:32:27 PM »
I have included images with every skin I have submitted since the option to do so was first introduced.

If the submissions page let me do so I'd update my older skins and add images for those too.
« Last Edit: July 06, 2015, 12:34:26 PM by Greebo »

Offline Dragon Tamer

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #6 on: July 06, 2015, 01:46:40 PM »
I've included thumbnails and fullsize images of every skin I've submitted since the submission page was reworked.

Offline bangsbox

• Silver Member
« Reply #7 on: July 06, 2015, 02:57:25 PM »
I did post the skins,  along with images, but Firefox does not seem to want to scale the images sizes (all the other browsers, including IE and Pale Moon do) so I yanked the page.

In the future, I am think about making it a requirement to upload pictures of the skinn at submission time.  It has always been optional, but no one has ever sent any images in.  It's been the primary reason we have not reworked the skins download page and why we have not posted news about skin batches.

If you are not using Firefox, here is the link to the page we took down.
http://www.hitechcreations.com/company-info/news/15-newsflash

I love that you guys did this +1 <S>

We just do not have time to create all the thumbnails, along with creating all the images.

Offline USCH

• Silver Member
« Reply #8 on: July 06, 2015, 08:49:20 PM »
Thanks Skuzzy, and everyone for that matter.

Offline Devil 505

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #9 on: July 06, 2015, 09:15:44 PM »
I've actually stopped including screen shots with my skin submission. This is for many reasons, one that has finally being remedied according to Skuzzy.

1. They weren't being used. (again, seems to be finally coming)
2. It's two more files per skin to make, and ensure meets the required name, size, and file type. (not too hard, just more menial work per skin. which when considering the next two reasons makes the entire process easier for me, especially when I use a far larger size of preview image when I post a preview thread on the BBS. so in effect, I have 3 versions of the same screen shot.)
3. if there is a single mistake with a single file, I must resubmit the skin by uploading every file again after correcting the single flaw on my end. (it would be nice to be able to make adjust the single file that's holding up the process, instead of starting from scratch on the submission page.)
4. The submission page has a ridiculously short window to upload all the files before the page times out (under 5 min). I have to prepare all the skin info for the text box or else I risk taking too much time typing it fresh and having to start from scratch due to timing out.

Seriously Skuzzy, as far as all of us skinners are concerned, I think we'd rather you focus on giving us the ability to update the existing skins over providing preview screenshots and thumbnails for new ones.

I hope the hangar in the new version allows for a better viewing angle for the aircraft and the ability to move the camera to view the skins. Picture preview on the website is small potatoes, compared to having an easier time seeing skins in the hangar.
Kommando Nowotny

FlyKommando.com

Offline FTJR

• Silver Member
« Reply #10 on: July 06, 2015, 09:55:01 PM »
Seriously Skuzzy, as far as all of us skinners are concerned, I think we'd rather you focus on giving us the ability to update the existing skins over providing preview screenshots and thumbnails for new ones.

^^^^ This.

We know you're up to your armpits, but the ability to update would be useful and a boon to the game.
Bring the Beaufighter to Aces High
Raw Prawns      

B.O.S.S. "Beaufighter Operator Support Services" 
Storms and Aeroplanes dont mix

Offline Greebo

• Skinner Team
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #11 on: July 07, 2015, 01:57:44 AM »
I think the skin screenshots are going to be a more of a boon for players downloading the skins rather than the skinners themselves. Not everyone wants to download every skin onto their PC's HDD. Having said that it will be nice to have another shop window for displaying our work.

I agree about the hangar view, better viewing options please. IIRC the current game also doesn't apply the spec and bump map effects to skins in the hangar which can leave some skins looking odd.

I just checked on the submissions page and I've uploaded 148 skins for 63 different rides since the page went live in July 2012, so all of those skins should have thumbnail and fullsize images included.

The only time out issue I get with the page is when I forget to check the time and it resets at the top of each hour.
« Last Edit: July 07, 2015, 02:35:05 AM by Greebo »

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
« Reply #12 on: July 07, 2015, 09:57:14 AM »
Well then I have a problem as I am not showing any optional images at all, submitted with any skins.

I guess I should have asked before.  Not sure why they are getting lost. 

I'll work on it and figure out how these images can be uploaded again.
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
« Reply #13 on: July 07, 2015, 11:19:25 AM »
Step one complete:  The optional images will now actually install with the submission.

Next step:  Create an updater to allow those images to be submitted with all existing skins.
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
« Reply #14 on: July 07, 2015, 03:30:24 PM »
Step two is complete.

You should not be able to submit skin updates for the optional images only.

I will have to integrate those optional images, so they will show up separately in your skin admin tool.  Once you submit for any given skin, you cannot update again, until the updates are absorbed into the system.

It's a start toward being able to fully update your skins.

Let me know if you run into errors.
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese