Author Topic: hq down time  (Read 2200 times)

Offline Naughty

• Copper Member
Re: hq down time
« Reply #15 on: July 12, 2015, 01:59:58 AM »

This horse has been beat to death !  The "5 minute" change is a temporary fix, and a fair one at that. It's not easy taking down the city, the ack is hell, with a number of buildings that need to be destroyed, and the bombers have to loiter longer.  it takes a combined planned effort to effect the game.  I believe this is exactly what so many of us asked for !

And I'm sorry but "aces high" IS NOT just about fighter vs fighter combat as so many claim ! it is a WWII based combat simulation with an emphasis on Air combat. There is an objective built into the game. WIN THE WAR. every thing about the game is set up around this objective. Strats are just another strategic variable a team can use to achieve this goal.

In real life, Bombers came first, fighters were built to stop the Bombers, then other fighters were built to stop the fighters that were trying to stop the Bombers!

without bombers, and targets  to attack, there is no need for fighters.

The true warrior has no enemies. Only teachers

Offline JVboob

• Nickel Member
« Reply #16 on: July 12, 2015, 02:39:17 AM »
heck Traver the other night we took 3 bases back to back with no dar. And they were defended bish bases.
"Sighhhhhhhhhh, office closed do to ice for a day, And I miss a thread like this.."HiTech
Armed N Hammered 2002-2003
JG44 Night Hawks/JV44 Butcher Birds 2003-2009
49th Fighter Group fightn' 49ers Feb2012-present
138th FW Tulsa, OK 2009-2015

Offline Randy1

• Platinum Member
« Reply #17 on: July 12, 2015, 06:04:11 AM »
Several logged when it went down late afternoon including me after I helped get it back up.

What a load of crap.

Offline icepac

• Platinum Member
« Reply #18 on: July 12, 2015, 08:47:25 AM »
I watched bombers hitting cities completely undefended until they were down to near nothing and then watched the follow-up dar bars that were obviously the hq appear in enemy territory and slowly ooze toward HQ....................yet, somehow the hq attack was a surprise.

Everything is surprise every time when you don't have the ability to learn from experience.

Offline Naughty

• Copper Member
« Reply #19 on: July 12, 2015, 12:04:25 PM »
I watched bombers hitting cities completely undefended until they were down to near nothing and then watched the follow-up dar bars that were obviously the hq appear in enemy territory and slowly ooze toward HQ....................yet, somehow the hq attack was a surprise.

Everything is surprise every time when you don't have the ability to learn from experience.

And there's the problem you watched.  why not up to defend if you saw it coming ?
The true warrior has no enemies. Only teachers

Offline Chilli

• Platinum Member
« Reply #20 on: July 12, 2015, 01:34:11 PM »
Skuzzy,

Again as a temporary fix, how about fixing City downtime, ALSO.  First building hit stays down 180 minutes currently.  What about a change from 45 to 60 minutes.  This change would roll back HQ downtime unless there actually was some VERY noticeable activity in both areas of city and HQ.  Also, would balance the effort to resupply with its destruction.

As discussed to no end, the problem is NOT furballing (which is HEALTHY interaction of players), the problem IS the determination of single individuals, relentlessly BLINDING an entire country (which deters from the HEALTH of the game).

It is simple to me, the game has held my interest and earned me many friendships over more than a dozen years.  I quickly lose interest in wasting time with USELESS situations, ie HQ down for 90 minutes, while resupply shortens only 4 minutes per trip which might consume 12 minutes to reach the destination, in a plane with NO GUNS.

Offline 428CJ

• Copper Member
« Reply #21 on: July 12, 2015, 02:46:07 PM »
Logged on last night, HQ was down, I stayed on for 15 min. then logged.

Logged back on 45 min. later,  HQ still down, logged to watch tv rest of the night.

Just logged on today, HQ is down, logged off.

Seriously  hope something gets done Soon

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #22 on: July 12, 2015, 03:23:56 PM »

Logged back on 45 min. later,  HQ still down, logged to watch tv rest of the night.

Yup, same here. The map is the worst for it too. I log in and see the Fester map and pretty much log out whether dar is down or not. Just get started doing something and dar goes down, so why bother.

Offline Wizz

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
« Reply #23 on: July 12, 2015, 03:28:12 PM »
Yup, same here. The map is the worst for it too. I log in and see the Fester map and pretty much log out whether dar is down or not. Just get started doing something and dar goes down, so why bother.
god it sucks to be you. I love the map. Always somethig to do. Deack vbase after vbase, the great island fights and the crown jewel base take in the entire game at 21!!!

The sickness within this community is horrifying! The sickness is strong with you
393rd Bombardment Squadron

CO-Fine
XO-KO

Offline Wizz

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
« Reply #24 on: July 12, 2015, 03:29:06 PM »

:rofl

CO-Fine
XO-KO

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #25 on: July 12, 2015, 03:36:15 PM »
god it sucks to be you. I love the map. Always somethig to do. Deack vbase after vbase, the great island fights and the crown jewel base take in the entire game at 21!!!

The sickness within this community is horrifying! The sickness is strong with you

Nope, its just priorities. Why bother wasting my time hunting for a fight in the game when I could go see the Minions movie or play my new pinball game.

It doesn't matter that YOU have fun, it matters that more and more people log off because THEY are not having fun. People stop paying for things that are no longer fun, and new people who have trouble finding fun don't bother to sign up for a subscription.

I know its hard for you to believe, but it's not always about you!

Offline caldera

• Platinum Member
« Reply #26 on: July 12, 2015, 04:11:26 PM »
  And there's the problem you watched.  why not up to defend if you saw it coming ?

Because he expects you to drop what you're doing for the excitement that is guard duty at HQ.  Asspac loves to deride everyone for not taking such obvious measures as driving tanks out to intercept 15 hour trekking tanktard griefers, while simultaneously keeping CAP over HQ at all altitudes for hours on end. 

Whoever would rather dogfight than do that kind of fun stuff must have a screw loose.  :rolleyes:
"Then out spake brave Horatius, the Captain of the gate:
 To every man upon this earth, death cometh soon or late.
 And how can man die better, than facing fearful odds.
 For the ashes of his fathers and the temples of his Gods."

Offline Chilli

• Platinum Member
« Reply #27 on: July 12, 2015, 04:20:17 PM »
Wizz,

If you unplugged your ears, you would recognize that Fugi was right on target.  What pleases you, seems not to be pleasing to most.  Sounds like the old saying, " I am sane, everyone else in the world is crazy".  :old: The "community" is not sick.  It is alive and well, and will be, in spite of the things we do and say.  :salute

Put this in your pipe and smoke it.  If the person who knocked down HQ, was immediately switched to the affected country for the duration of the downtime, there would soon be a lot less HQ strat raids.  Try running your HQ strike raid from a country with no radar input.  :headscratch:

Offline ghi

• Gold Member
« Reply #28 on: July 12, 2015, 04:51:46 PM »
Because he expects you to drop what you're doing for the excitement that is guard duty at HQ.  Asspac loves to deride everyone for not taking such obvious measures as driving tanks out to intercept 15 hour trekking tanktard griefers, while simultaneously keeping CAP over HQ at all altitudes for hours on end. 

Friday evening i logged on, HQ was down; ok, I'm running sups to HQ, long boring C47 flight; at HQ  4 enemy GVs, (interesting HQ was not blinking) ..the 49dweebos sqd, in 3 tanks ,T34/M4s and 1 m3; the closest enemy base was 5 sectors away; How log does it take? half a day, this guys are fun, but.. nutz;  :rofl
« Last Edit: July 12, 2015, 04:57:33 PM by ghi »

Offline Wizz

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
« Reply #29 on: July 12, 2015, 04:53:35 PM »
Nope, its just priorities. Why bother wasting my time hunting for a fight in the game when I could go see the Minions movie or play my new pinball game.

It doesn't matter that YOU have fun, it matters that more and more people log off because THEY are not having fun. People stop paying for things that are no longer fun, and new people who have trouble finding fun don't bother to sign up for a subscription.

I know its hard for you to believe, but it's not always about you!
I have made maybe a dozen HQ runs at max in the 6 years ive played this game and once in gv with 49ers. I am always tactical to defend or take a base. I always find fun and I am sorry a lot of you dont whenever HQ is down. Despite your opinion i am the opposite of what you say I am :ahand

CO-Fine
XO-KO