Author Topic: I have done dumb things to lose 262 points...  (Read 2808 times)

Offline icepac

• Platinum Member
Re: I have done dumb things to lose 262 points...
« Reply #15 on: July 23, 2015, 11:13:03 PM »
You can easily avoid cons diving on you from any altitude by turning a few degrees left or right across  the enemy's nose. When they break to head into you reverse your turn to the opposite direction to get the enemy at your six . Most don't know how to intercept your flight path and will lose you in this process.

It's true, most have no counter for drifting off lazily to the left.

Offline Drane

• Nickel Member
« Reply #16 on: July 24, 2015, 12:36:07 AM »
Chasing enemy plane on the deck into carrier ack...more than once always same result. 5" gunner even pm'd me once asking "what were you thinking?".

Retracting flaps too soon on climb-out after re-arm and hitting a tree or the ground.

When pilot wounded you only have so many blackouts before tower. Sometimes it's better to go for a ditch and only lose 1/2 those perks. Something I always seem to forget.
92 Squadron RAF - Aut pugna aut morere - 'Either fight or die'

Offline JVboob

• Nickel Member
« Reply #17 on: July 24, 2015, 12:36:54 AM »
I get bored easily and can always get more perks...that being said ive deacked many of bases with 262s some I even lived to tell about. Ive vulched fully operational bases with a 262, TnBed in Cv ack (i think i have video of that not too sure though) ummm yea any dumb idea you can get with a 262 ive done it over the 12 years ive played lol
"Sighhhhhhhhhh, office closed do to ice for a day, And I miss a thread like this.."HiTech
Armed N Hammered 2002-2003
JG44 Night Hawks/JV44 Butcher Birds 2003-2009
49th Fighter Group fightn' 49ers Feb2012-present
138th FW Tulsa, OK 2009-2015

Offline jeep00

• Silver Member
« Reply #18 on: July 24, 2015, 04:02:48 AM »
Created a U-262 last night because the ki67s were on the deck. I came down nice and slow to a couple thousand feet, then an intercept path. I thought it was a nice gentle dive but it became a slightly angled dart, couldn't trim out or anything, and I went into the drink just at the bombers.
It was a nice change, I usually auger into a hill.

Offline Vinkman

• Gold Member
« Reply #19 on: July 24, 2015, 10:34:36 AM »
The other day I upped 262 the other day when I heard a call for help from a friendly being chased down by a P-38. They are on the deck at high Speed headed away so I went full throttle and nosed down slightly in their direction. I got to tree top level at about 550+mph and very carefully used the trim control to level her out behind the P-38 at 3k. after a short time I was right up on him. The friendy was in front and smokingby down desperate for a clear. I lined up the p-38 and Fired all 4 30mm cannons. The 38 exploded into a million parts and as I flew through aftermath my right wing dissapeared. I thought I had collided with his wreckage but as I read the system message it said: You have shot yourself one time.   some of my taters went past the P-38 and hit the friendly. Doh!!
Who is John Galt?

Offline BFOOT1

• Silver Member
« Reply #20 on: July 24, 2015, 11:32:55 AM »
My first ever 262 run was a SlipKnoT G3MF fighter sweep. Boy those are fun. Anyways it was SlipKnoT, Biggamer, Alpha81, NAVCAD, Jdog, wagger and I. We went to some base and intercepted several sets of bombers and fighters and knocking down everything that came within sight. We all have anywheres from 2-4 kills and are rtb. Mind you, this was my first 262 sortie and I had the landing gear ripped off for some reason. Anyways we are all coming in to land and I'm getting ready to make a belly landing. I come in, I have a great approach, I begin my dive and get ready to put her down. Needless to say I didn't watch my airspeed and as soon as I touched the ground I found myself in the tower.
Member of G3MF
III Gruppe, 8 Staffel, JG52, flying Black 12 (Kuban Scenario)

Offline Scca

• Gold Member
« Reply #21 on: July 24, 2015, 03:11:33 PM »
My favorite 262 kill was in a Lancaster.  He swooped up under me for the belly kill, missed and topped out 400 off my top gun.  There he was just hanging there...  He didn't return the <S>  :devil
Flying as AkMeathd - CO Arabian Knights
Working on my bbs cred one post at a time

http://www.arabian-knights.org

Offline HL117

• Nickel Member
      • Aircams
« Reply #22 on: July 24, 2015, 06:31:10 PM »
Most fun to be had in a 262 is when one takes off never expecting to make it back, if your not worried about perkies the jet is great entertainment.
Whether you think you can or cannot, you are right!

Offline RotBaron

• Gold Member
« Reply #23 on: July 24, 2015, 07:15:54 PM »
I've got about 5K fighter perks I'd give you some if I could. Maybe every now and then we could gift a 262 flight to a player.

I don't fly perk rides much to speak of, really never did. And actually as of late have had no time to fly at all.

It kind of surprises me when some long(er) time players tell me how little they have in perks. When I was in Flk4's squad he used to say he had only a few hundred gv perks...that guy loves himself a Panther; there I am sitting with 6K gv perks and I'm a noob to him...

They're casting their bait over there, see?

Offline JVboob

• Nickel Member
« Reply #24 on: July 25, 2015, 04:50:36 AM »
49iforgotwhoitwas, was in my stukas tail gun a pilot killed a 262 on its first pass. I sent him an invite since he was a good luck charm from that day on. the PMs were typical but i bet there was more hatered than usual lol
"Sighhhhhhhhhh, office closed do to ice for a day, And I miss a thread like this.."HiTech
Armed N Hammered 2002-2003
JG44 Night Hawks/JV44 Butcher Birds 2003-2009
49th Fighter Group fightn' 49ers Feb2012-present
138th FW Tulsa, OK 2009-2015

Offline IamSalem

• Copper Member
« Reply #25 on: July 25, 2015, 07:19:27 AM »
Back when they had the old strat layout, me and a buddy would go and strafe those down in 262's and fight whatever came out to greet us. RTBing, we both forgot about those pesky trains and were slow to react....  :uhoh

Offline RSLQK186

• Silver Member
« Reply #26 on: July 25, 2015, 09:15:23 AM »
I tend to fly them when ENY makes them more affordable. It also seems to increase the chances of finding boomers. But, for some reason I cannot fathom, it only occurs after the third beer.
At that point I have a tendency towards ramming Lancs. Especially if they are AFK on climb out.
Twice recently I have been PMed several minutes later with something along the lines of "What U hit me with?".
With my lowered inhibitions I reply honestly and receive a hardy TY.
And Scca, that sounds familiar. I usually start shutting down at that point due to the aforementioned drinking, so if it was me I simply did not see it it time.
Hacksaw- THE UNFORGIVEN
Founder- Special events contingent
"I'm very very sneaky"

Offline SFRT - Frenchy

• Platinum Member
      • http://home.CFL.rr.com/rauns/menu.htm
« Reply #27 on: July 25, 2015, 12:24:58 PM »
Nailed Nuke with an 88 as he was doing a supersonic pass to de-ack. Got a hear full for about an hour.  :lipsrsealed:
Dat jugs bro.

Terror flieger since 1941.
------------------------

Offline SilverZ06

• Silver Member
« Reply #28 on: July 25, 2015, 12:50:32 PM »
Sometimes it's better to go for a ditch and only lose 1/2 those perks. Something I always seem to forget.

Is this true? I was under the impression that short of a successful landing you lose all perks regardless of ditch or not.  :headscratch:

Offline Someguy63

• Gold Member
« Reply #29 on: July 25, 2015, 12:54:07 PM »
Is this true? I was under the impression that short of a successful landing you lose all perks regardless of ditch or not.  :headscratch:

Nope, a successful ditch will only have you lose half your perks.
Anarchy
#Taterz
-=Army of Muppets=-
"Imagination rules the world"