Author Topic: Frame Rate  (Read 1399 times)

Offline Yankee67

• Copper Member
Frame Rate
« on: July 23, 2015, 03:24:28 PM »
Looks awesome.  Love the way the tanks fire.  Question on frame rate:  I was only getting 7 fps with everything shut off, in the offline arena, is that to be expected at this stage?
Y67 (6/2/13 - 9/17/13)            8thJinx (9/17/13 -   )

B-24H Liberator SN 294837-T, "The Jinx", 848th BS, 490th BG, 8th AF, RAF Station Eye, delivered 1943. Piloted by Lt. Thomas Keyes, named by his crew, and adorned with bad luck symbols, the aircraft survived the entire war.

Offline Vantec

• Zinc Member
Re: Frame Rate
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2015, 03:42:03 PM »
Can we possibly get some sort of rough minimum and recommended system requirement specifications for the Alpha? As this is an Alpha it would be a good idea to give everybody a idea of a baseline to compare with each other. Everybody is running different computer rigs, some more or less powerful than others and should be a staple for trying to troubleshoot future frame-rate issues/and or slowdowns. Otherwise I suggest everybody would have to post their specific computer specs to give a broad range of analysis.

Granted we should be posting our computer specifications anyway to help give the Alpha team of what hardware/software combinations work and ones have issues.

Just my suggestion.     
Retired 613VTek SoS Pariah
Arabian Knights AKTincan

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
      • HiTech Creations Home Page
« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2015, 03:43:29 PM »
It depends on your video card and game settings.  This is going to be more dependent on the video card.

Try disabling environmental mapping (None), and disable "post lighting" to see what that will do for you.

Play with the Options->Graphic Detail settings to get the performance you want.
« Last Edit: July 23, 2015, 03:46:02 PM by Skuzzy »
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese
support@hitechcreations.com

Offline Gman

• Gold Member
« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2015, 03:48:30 PM »
First report on fps - it maxes out at 100hz not 144hz in offline, same as the current Ah game, so I can't tell how much faster it'll go beyond 100fps with GSYNC on, but I'm getting max 100 with everything but environment maxed, max AA, etc - Enviro is on 1 which is how I prefer it in the old game, but I'll boost it once I start playing online if I can.  This is on my AH machine, which is the slowest in the home, x79 3820 w/980 card, and so far, even at 1440p (I prefer 1080p for target size), it's humming along very quickly.

I'll start messing with the mouse stuff now, as I set up a hub specifically for another game in order to facilitate unplugging my hotas systems to use the mouse there, so I'm already set up to simply testing out the mouse commander stuff.

I like what I see so far, a lot, zipping along at 550 on the deck in the ME163 offline, lots to see and take note of, but first impressions are important.  Tonight should be quite the time if we can fight others in this.

Offline MrKrabs

• Gold Member
      • AH-Freebirds.com
« Reply #4 on: July 23, 2015, 03:51:42 PM »
Looks awesome.  Love the way the tanks fire.  Question on frame rate:  I was only getting 7 fps with everything shut off, in the offline arena, is that to be expected at this stage?

Same thing, everything dead minimum "unless I missed something" and barely sustain 10FR
The boiling pot is put away and the crab has gone back to sea...

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
« Reply #5 on: July 23, 2015, 03:54:00 PM »
We are online stealing sheep now. :)  There are online arenas available.

My old ATI 4850 video card manages 60FPS with environmental mapping set to "None" and disabling post lighting.
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese

Offline MrKrabs

• Gold Member
      • AH-Freebirds.com
« Reply #6 on: July 23, 2015, 04:05:18 PM »
We are online stealing sheep now. :)  There are online arenas available.

My old ATI 4850 video card manages 60FPS with environmental mapping set to "None" and disabling post lighting.

This might be the main thing... What about for those without graphics cards?

How much info do we have from pre-alpha in integrated boards?
The boiling pot is put away and the crab has gone back to sea...

Offline Vantec

• Zinc Member
« Reply #7 on: July 23, 2015, 04:11:29 PM »
Some sort of minimum and recommended system requirements would still be nice to help with troubleshooting. Id expect this Alpha to run extremely nice with a 980 graphics card. Can't say the same for those folks who running older hardware. As a suggestion those experiencing low frame-rates post system hardware specs would help. 
Arabian Knights AKTincan

Offline Chalenge

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #8 on: July 23, 2015, 04:17:54 PM »
If you like the Sick Puppy Custom Sound Pack the please consider contributing for future updates by sending a months dues to Hitech Creations for account "Chalenge." Every little bit helps.

Offline Vantec

• Zinc Member
« Reply #9 on: July 23, 2015, 04:33:40 PM »
http://bbs.hitechcreations.com/smf/index.php/topic,373690.0.html

Still didn't stop from somebody posting one did it? Yet here we are with a troubleshooting post. If that's the case Alpha should not have been opened for public testing if it has not been tested on a wide range of hardware. Personally its pretty contradictory by saying "You are here to help us create a product. We are not here to support the product on your system." If that's' the case how is one supposed to create a product that runs like crap or doesn't run at all? Seems pretty important detail to me. If this is the case then your this post is completely unnecessary if no support will be given. Considering we are all Alphas at this point the floodgates have been opened.   
Arabian Knights AKTincan

Offline Yankee67

• Copper Member
« Reply #10 on: July 23, 2015, 04:33:50 PM »
The alpha is unplayable for me, but it's on my end I think.  I have to look into buying a new machine, which was what I was going to do anyway, and give this one to my daughter going into HS.  I'm currently on a 64-bit Dell, 2.40GHz, 6 GB RAM, Intel HD Graphics 3000, which works fine for AH 2.0.  Arrgh.
Y67 (6/2/13 - 9/17/13)            8thJinx (9/17/13 -   )

B-24H Liberator SN 294837-T, "The Jinx", 848th BS, 490th BG, 8th AF, RAF Station Eye, delivered 1943. Piloted by Lt. Thomas Keyes, named by his crew, and adorned with bad luck symbols, the aircraft survived the entire war.

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
« Reply #11 on: July 23, 2015, 04:34:37 PM »
If the video card does not have 512MB of dedicated video RAM, your computer is going to struggle to run the game, at all.

1GB of dedicated video RAM is needed in order to have a chance in running with all the graphic options enabled.

Our baseline is the NVidia 9800GTX.  With all the graphic options disabled, that card should run the game.  Between that card and an NVidia 980Ti, it will be what you want it to be.

First thing to disable is environment mapping.  From there, I would to shadows next.  Between those two options, you can get a lot more frame rate.  Bottomline, is you have to play with the graphic options to get the game to run the way you want it to run.

It is Alpha.  It is not finished.
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese

Offline Vantec

• Zinc Member
« Reply #12 on: July 23, 2015, 04:45:00 PM »
If the video card does not have 512MB of dedicated video RAM, your computer is going to struggle to run the game, at all.

1GB of dedicated video RAM is needed in order to have a chance in running with all the graphic options enabled.

Our baseline is the NVidia 9800GTX.  With all the graphic options disabled, that card should run the game.  Between that card and an NVidia 980Ti, it will be what you want it to be.

First thing to disable is environment mapping.  From there, I would to shadows next.  Between those two options, you can get a lot more frame rate.  Bottom line, is you have to play with the graphic options to get the game to run the way you want it to run.

It is Alpha.  It is not finished.

Thank you Skuzzy for that information nice to know. It helps everybody when system specs are posted, we now have a baseline established its documented and can help others from this point forward.

Arabian Knights AKTincan

Offline flatiron1

• Silver Member
« Reply #13 on: July 23, 2015, 05:30:01 PM »
In the beta I had from 2 to 4 frame rate and it was really not playable. I was given a different card to try and that got me up to 8 to 12. Changing the options does not seem to make that big a difference. Actually it does play not so bad at 8 to 12 but this is me flying alone. Probaly in actual game play it will suffer. I doubt if I would continue to subscribe at that level.  Best I can tell I will need a new system to play at my current level in AH2. Hopefully the staff can make some adjustments.
« Last Edit: July 23, 2015, 05:34:03 PM by flatiron1 »

Offline ImADot

• Platinum Member
« Reply #14 on: July 23, 2015, 05:46:18 PM »
IMHO, people at some point need to stop insisting that game devs quit trying to make their game better, just because some people have older and under-powered hardware. If it takes a hardware upgrade to run the newest version, then so be it. I'd rather see progress and updates.
My Current Rig:
GigaByte GA-X99-UD4 Mobo w/ 16Gb RAM
Intel i7 5820k, Win7 64-bit
NVidia GTX 970 4Gb ACX 2.0
Track IR, CH Fighterstick, CH Pro Throttle, CH Pro Pedals