Author Topic: Pennant Teleportation When Approaching With GV  (Read 323 times)

Offline MrKrabs

• Gold Member
      • AH-Freebirds.com
Pennant Teleportation When Approaching With GV
« on: July 24, 2015, 10:50:40 PM »
While testing with a Vehicle we have run into the following:

Spawned from A4 into A3 in a Jeep to test the requirements for vehicles. "Whether or not you must retreat to a base or merely land successfully"

When approached FLASH RANGE of A3 the Pennant teleported 2 sectors away as shown in screenshot attached.

Bustr and I then upped 262s and headed out to where the Pennant teleported to. We did find the Pennant as displayed on the map and attached as expected. However despite flying towards the nearest friendly airfield I still received the cascading warning messages. When the timer expired and the flagged dropped, instead of dropping where it should, it teleported OFF THE MAP 2 SECTORS deeps... Screenshot included.

Screenshot 1: Moments after realizing the Pennant is no longer there in a Jeep
Screenshot 2: Moments after Pennant dropped and reappeared OFF map

The boiling pot is put away and the crab has gone back to sea...

Offline MrKrabs

• Gold Member
      • AH-Freebirds.com
Re: Pennant Teleportation When Approaching With GV
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2015, 10:56:55 PM »
The behavior of the Pennant being dropped and showing up 2 sectors away seems to happening every time a pennant is dropped by a friendly.

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2015, 02:02:26 AM »
At A4 Kenai was in an M4 attacking the town. I made runs on him in the town with a HurriD. As I passed near the pennant it attached to my Hurri. I got a 20sec warning to land it at the nearest field. Then a 10sec and finally it dropped, two sectors away from my location 500yds off the runway end on final. 

All of us capturing pennants were not sure about something. Is your plane invulnerable to gun fire until you drop the pennant? I could not shoot down an La5 carrying it while shooting it point blank until it lost it's pennant. 30mm were doing nothing to it while the pennant was attached.
bustr - POTW 1st Wing

This is like the old joke that voters are harsher to their beer brewer if he has an outage, than their politicians after raising their taxes. Death and taxes are certain but, fun and sex is only now.

Offline MrKrabs

• Gold Member
      • AH-Freebirds.com
« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2015, 01:24:56 PM »
At A4 Kenai was in an M4 attacking the town. I made runs on him in the town with a HurriD. As I passed near the pennant it attached to my Hurri. I got a 20sec warning to land it at the nearest field. Then a 10sec and finally it dropped, two sectors away from my location 500yds off the runway end on final. 

All of us capturing pennants were not sure about something. Is your plane invulnerable to gun fire until you drop the pennant? I could not shoot down an La5 carrying it while shooting it point blank until it lost it's pennant. 30mm were doing nothing to it while the pennant was attached.

Wasn't it when a enemy RE-CLAIMS their pennant and flies home? They become invincible?

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #4 on: July 25, 2015, 01:49:33 PM »
Krabs,

That was the pennant you lost over the ocean so it had to be the reclaimed one.
bustr - POTW 1st Wing

This is like the old joke that voters are harsher to their beer brewer if he has an outage, than their politicians after raising their taxes. Death and taxes are certain but, fun and sex is only now.

Offline MrKrabs

• Gold Member
      • AH-Freebirds.com
« Reply #5 on: July 25, 2015, 03:11:07 PM »
Krabs,

That was the pennant you lost over the ocean so it had to be the reclaimed one.

That is what I was worried about, it wasn't specified when the enemy reclaimed and became invincible.

Offline JimmyC

• Platinum Member
« Reply #6 on: July 25, 2015, 08:26:18 PM »
where do you place pennent  .dp to win field?
CO 71 "Eagle" Squadron RAF
"I'd rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy."

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #7 on: July 25, 2015, 08:32:27 PM »
Do these new games actually have dot commands??............... :headscratch:
bustr - POTW 1st Wing

Offline JimmyC

• Platinum Member
« Reply #8 on: July 25, 2015, 08:51:16 PM »
yep... .dp    down pennant
CO 71 "Eagle" Squadron RAF
"I'd rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy."