Author Topic: Steal the Sheep Tonight's Weirdness  (Read 343 times)

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
Steal the Sheep Tonight's Weirdness
« on: July 25, 2015, 02:18:20 AM »
Earlier in the afternoon I started out playing steal the sheep alone to see if eventualy I would reach the point that my plane would stop picking up sheep. While I was alone I could steal all of the sheep and win the game.

Eventually other players started showing up. While there were less that 4, I could still pickup sheep, drop them off and repeat the action. Starting with the forth player I could no longer pick up sheep each time I reset by carossing to my side then coming back. And I could not jail players on my side every time I shot their plane. Eventually with about 6 players no one seemed to be able to pickup sheep but, jailing worked most of the time.

Some players flew WW1 aircraft and they were immune to being jailed. Just released planes were immune to being re-jailed.

If two or more of you are jailed and you can shoot the plane in front of you, it will be released from jail. Upping a bomber to get it jailed is a get out of jail free card for the fighters jailed after it. Aint bomber guns grand....

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
There seems to be two features that have followed the game over from AH2.

1. - P47 can be taxied in reverse across open ground while immune to jailing bullets when taxiing around the sheep pen.
2. - The wings of an F4f can be snapped off or shot off and the F4f will continue flying around the arena. Even after being jailed in that condition.
bustr - POTW 1st Wing

This is like the old joke that voters are harsher to their beer brewer if he has an outage, than their politicians after raising their taxes. Death and taxes are certain but, fun and sex is only now.

Offline Latrobe

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
Re: Steal the Sheep Tonight's Weirdness
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2015, 02:22:17 AM »
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
There seems to be two features that have followed the game over from AH2.

1. - P47 can be taxied in reverse across open ground while immune to jailing bullets when taxiing around the sheep pen.
2. - The wings of an F4f can be snapped off or shot off and the F4f will continue flying around the arena. Even after being jailed in that condition.

I would just like to point out that these two features are not bugs.  ;)

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2015, 05:39:43 AM »
They have to get fixed eventually. Both are not functioning per standards which in a computer program like this is a bug, however minor.
bustr - POTW 1st Wing

This is like the old joke that voters are harsher to their beer brewer if he has an outage, than their politicians after raising their taxes. Death and taxes are certain but, fun and sex is only now.

Online Drano

• Platinum Member
« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2015, 09:19:09 AM »

I would just like to point out that these two features are not bugs.  ;)

LOL!
"Drano"
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

FSO flying with the 412th Friday Night Volunteer Group