Author Topic: Illuminated Gauges and gunsite.  (Read 366 times)

Offline 10thmd

• Silver Member
Illuminated Gauges and gunsite.
« on: July 25, 2015, 10:02:14 PM »
Had a great night fight with JimmyC in the CTF arena. My only complaint was my gunsight reticle was impossible to see unless I got him above the horizon. I would like it if we could brighten and dim the reticle in flight. Also being able to turn on a cockpit light or some sort of instrument illumination.
- Der Wander Zirkus -
“You can all go to hell; I will go to Texas

Offline FLS

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
      • Trainer's Website
Re: Illuminated Gauges and gunsite.
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2015, 10:16:30 PM »
Clipboard/options/gunsights/brightness slider.

Offline 100Coogn

• Gold Member
« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2015, 11:22:06 PM »
Had a great night fight with JimmyC in the CTF arena. My only complaint was my gunsight reticle was impossible to see unless I got him above the horizon. I would like it if we could brighten and dim the reticle in flight. Also being able to turn on a cockpit light or some sort of instrument illumination.

Dash instrument lighting was wished for before, and was ridiculed. 
I still like the idea.

+1

Coogan
From Wiley: If you're hitting them after they drop, that's not defense, that is revenge.
Game Id's:
AHIII: Coogan
RDR2: Coogan_Bear
MSFS-2020: Coogan Bear

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2015, 12:22:07 AM »
At least on the clipboard while in the tower just before you launch, have an alpha dial or slider. After playing steal the sheep through one full cycle of full night time to noon and back. The lighting changes with the new light engine is so dramatic and dynamic, we need an easier way to adjust being able to see the reticle.

That was historically a real problem which Hitech has now generously given us. Mr. Hitech it's one place you hit the realism on the nail head. And "WoW" does a red night reticle really look good. Oh!! one of the complaints about the white K14 reticles was loosing it against a white cloud. I bet when we get clouds that too will be a problem.
bustr - POTW 1st Wing

This is like the old joke that voters are harsher to their beer brewer if he has an outage, than their politicians after raising their taxes. Death and taxes are certain but, fun and sex is only now.

Offline JimmyC

• Platinum Member
« Reply #4 on: July 26, 2015, 12:27:01 AM »
<S> was indeed a fun fight
yep blew me away the night aspect, I was praying for dawn and then she kicked in..
it was a beautiful sunrise..
outstanding HTC
great work
 :salute Jimmy
CO 71 "Eagle" Squadron RAF
"I'd rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy."