Author Topic: Backwards Rocket Physics?  (Read 260 times)

Offline MrKrabs

• Gold Member
      • AH-Freebirds.com
Backwards Rocket Physics?
« on: July 26, 2015, 11:41:49 PM »
While testing rocket ballistics I encountered something interesting.

In a moving M4-75, the rocket ballistic lead becomes backwards. Best represented on a moving platform "A TaskGroup". As shown in the film the lead becomes backwards. I was shooting BEHIND a boat when the boat was moving forwards.
The boiling pot is put away and the crab has gone back to sea...

Offline MrKrabs

• Gold Member
      • AH-Freebirds.com
Re: Backwards Rocket Physics?
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2015, 11:58:04 PM »
This seems to happen with the Snitzel-Wagon and all aircraft as well. "251"

Offline Chalenge

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2015, 12:01:23 AM »
Seems to be a problem with the momentum somehow? Ideally, if you could discount for wind you could also aim directly at the target since it is keeping pace with you. You are right though, there should be some leading angle involved.

I never would have thought of using a GV from the CV.
If you like the Sick Puppy Custom Sound Pack the please consider contributing for future updates by sending a months dues to Hitech Creations for account "Chalenge." Every little bit helps.

Offline MrKrabs

• Gold Member
      • AH-Freebirds.com
« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2015, 12:25:16 AM »
Seems to be a problem with the momentum somehow? Ideally, if you could discount for wind you could also aim directly at the target since it is keeping pace with you. You are right though, there should be some leading angle involved.

I never would have thought of using a GV from the CV.

This was the best way I could represent the issue. This also seems to happen while in a M4 rolling across the ground but the angle is rather small... So the next best thing would to find a way to move the M4 at a higher moving speed for showing the rocket ballistics, so I thought why not using the fast moving boat!

This seems to happen as well in AH2 when you kick hard rudder and the rocket flies in the wrong direction you are actually pointing. But just goes in the RELATIVE direction you are going.