Author Topic: Please post your views on the mouse system commander mode.  (Read 332 times)

Offline hitech

• Administrator
  • Administrator
      • http://www.hitechcreations.com
Please post your views on the mouse system commander mode.
« on: July 27, 2015, 01:34:53 PM »
Who has tested the mouse commander mode per the test instructions?

HiTech

Offline Chilli

• Platinum Member
Re: Please post your views on the mouse system commander mode.
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2015, 02:18:44 PM »
Just did it  :salute

Worked just fine.  Used all 3 modes. 

Auto take off then moved mouse to take over control with commander mode (green circle).  Flew offline, so I was able to shoot down 2 drones with a little help from the right button, conventional mouse control.

I found that once I was in position, the default zoom FOV gave me very good accuracy firing while in commander mode.  :rock

I used shift - H to check mouse look capabilities, and being a noob (to new system) I stumbled into the head tilt view (hit H to toggle), this worked like the conventional and commander modes with the exception of head position was adjusted and locked (by toggling H and moving the mouse to head position, then toggling H again).  :x

(Shift -H) and I returned to commander and mode landed effortlessly.   :banana:

Yes, it works well for me.  :aok :aok

Sorry, my rudder control connection is in an awkward place so I hadn't test before.  Thanks for the prodding, I was able to move my belly aside and reach it

Edited:  I forgot which mouse button activated conventional control
« Last Edit: July 27, 2015, 03:18:19 PM by Chilli »

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2015, 03:02:58 PM »
I tested it the first day you released the patch.

1. - If you have a joystick, throttle and rudder pedals. Three independent devices, all three have to be unplugged before mouse commander mode will trigger.

2. - I found I had to greatly lower the sensitivity of my mouse but, it was easy to control by that point. Shooting was best around 600 yds unless I toggled into direct mouse mode. There is now keyboard rudder control which turns the green ring red while the rudder sits fully deflected. Any chance of very tiny deflections which can be increased by tapping the key in question? Hitting the S key or moving the mouse pops it out of red ring mode. This is an improvement but is still too large of a control movement to hold aim in a pursuit curve.

3. - I did not understand mouse look visa Shift_H until I was trying to tilt my default pilot view azimuth.

Shift_H was not mapped but the option was there to map keys for the function. I mapped it and all worked well.

Now I understand if you map it to the right mouse key, you can pop into that for a moment and take quick 360 looks around.
bustr - POTW 1st Wing

This is like the old joke that voters are harsher to their beer brewer if he has an outage, than their politicians after raising their taxes. Death and taxes are certain but, fun and sex is only now.

Offline Randy1

• Platinum Member
« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2015, 04:06:28 PM »
Spent more time trying to get better with the mouse.  No Joystick connected.

Rolls easily but loop is a bit more difficult.   Aiming for gun fire is very easy and has plus advantage over joystick.

I ended up with mouse sensitivity about 25% but still happy with the jerky type control the mouse gives to planes when not near the gunsight.  I can go to near zero sensitivity but then no control.

Still better than before so going in the right direction.

Offline BuckShot

• Silver Member
« Reply #4 on: July 27, 2015, 05:04:13 PM »
Aiming for gun fire is very easy and has plus advantage over joystick.

I hope it's not like that in the final version. That's one reason turd thunder is so lame; the players using mice have the advantage over those with flight sticks.
Game handle: HellBuck

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #5 on: July 27, 2015, 05:12:33 PM »
When Hitech updated the mouse commander a few patches ago he also tweeked the P38G to be optimized for flying with it. I believe that is what he said. I tried it and the P38 was the most docile of the stable in that flight mode. So I went back to testing it with a spit9. So Randy may be flying only a 38 to test it. Counter rotating props help smooth the nose.

It sucks in just about every other fighter in terms of fine rudder control to hold the pursuit curve inside of 600. But, it's a joy to toodle around the arena with and look at things.
bustr - POTW 1st Wing

This is like the old joke that voters are harsher to their beer brewer if he has an outage, than their politicians after raising their taxes. Death and taxes are certain but, fun and sex is only now.

Offline hitech

• Administrator
  • Administrator
      • http://www.hitechcreations.com
« Reply #6 on: July 27, 2015, 05:41:15 PM »
When Hitech updated the mouse commander a few patches ago he also tweeked the P38G to be optimized for flying with it. I believe that is what he said. I tried it and the P38 was the most docile of the stable in that flight mode. So I went back to testing it with a spit9. So Randy may be flying only a 38 to test it. Counter rotating props help smooth the nose.

It sucks in just about every other fighter in terms of fine rudder control to hold the pursuit curve inside of 600. But, it's a joy to toodle around the arena with and look at things.

You have it backwards, I did not change the P38G , I tuned the autopilot when using the 38G, hence the gains for the auto pilot we set closest for the 38G.

HiTech

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #7 on: July 28, 2015, 01:07:54 AM »
Sorry misunderstood your description during the closed beta.
bustr - POTW 1st Wing

Offline Kazaa

• Plutonium Member
      • http://www.thefewsquadron.co.uk
« Reply #8 on: July 28, 2015, 10:37:26 AM »
How in depth would you like the feedback to be?

"If you learn from defeat, you haven't really lost."