Author Topic: Patch 69: Sheep Stealing  (Read 230 times)

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
Patch 69: Sheep Stealing
« on: July 31, 2015, 04:25:45 PM »
Entered the arena and it was them: 2 , us: 8

Mode 1024, all defaults on, no stutter near ground when flying. 19FPS on ground, 40-42 at 1000ft.

Problem: I could not pick up any sheep from the "them: 2" pen. But, I did find one sheep free heading back to the center line inside of my tree defined area of my pen. I was able to pass just over that sheep and got a pickup. Was able to drop him off in my pen.

Score: them: 3, us: 7..... :O

I could no longer pickup any sheep and the other team's sheep pen was empty. Belly slid into open ground to check for stutter, no stutter.
bustr - POTW 1st Wing

This is like the old joke that voters are harsher to their beer brewer if he has an outage, than their politicians after raising their taxes. Death and taxes are certain but, fun and sex is only now.

Offline Chilli

• Platinum Member
Re: Patch 69: Sheep Stealing
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2015, 08:12:57 PM »
I have to test this further, but on the occasions when I did not retrieve sheep on first pass, I was able to on a subsequent pass.  Maybe due to my settings but it has been very difficult to see the sheep in the pen until I am very close or zoomed in.

I was there with Bustr in the past and can confirm that we saw sheep wandering (haven't tested this patch yet), and direct flights over the pen did not acquire any sheep.

I am just adding this to ask Bustr, if he noted how many attempts at pen or if he ever had the same experience of "shy sheep" not wishing to jump onboard and then they  change their mind on subsequent pass?

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2015, 08:25:00 PM »
I was so low picking up the wandering sheep it should have been decapitated. I flew slow between trees and executed a search and rescue pattern looking for lost sheep.

Do you need stool samples and saliva swabs too??
bustr - POTW 1st Wing

This is like the old joke that voters are harsher to their beer brewer if he has an outage, than their politicians after raising their taxes. Death and taxes are certain but, fun and sex is only now.

Offline 68Raptor

• Gold Member
      • 68th Lightning Lancers
« Reply #3 on: August 01, 2015, 08:54:57 AM »
Came across a issue.. when flying toward their base I couldn't pick up sheep.. when I reversed I was able to. Is that normal? Each time I was flying away from their base it was my 2nd pass over the pen.
Executive Officer
68th Lighting Lancers