Author Topic: Ground Targets  (Read 1142 times)

Offline Article_86

• Zinc Member
Ground Targets
« on: August 04, 2015, 04:17:36 PM »
Not in-game yet.  I'm just wondering, can anything on the ground be destroyed ... like civilian structures or trees?  I'm not concerned about points, I just like to ground-pound sometimes.  At one point in FA you could set trees on fire ... and the 'tree-huggers' would howl! lol  Trains, supply trucks, and bridges were valid targets.  Also, is it possible to taxi off an airbase and wander around?  Lastly, is there a list of target values somewhere?

- Art
"Yesterday, upon the stair, I met a man who wasn't there. He wasn't there again today, I wish, I wish he'd go away." - Antigonish - 1899,  poet Hughes Mearns

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
Re: Ground Targets
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2015, 06:10:28 PM »
Trains and supply trucks on the move as well as barges at the ports are targets in the supply chain.

At bases there are ammo bunkers, troop barracks, fuel tanks, fighter hangers, vehicles hangers, bomber hangers, radar tower, field guns both manned and auto. There are also non-strat structures that can be destroyed.

Towns, all the buildings can be destroyed as well as ack guns there too.

There are strat areas that are used in the supply system in the game (trains, convoys both ship and trucks come from) where all building, towers and guns can be destroyed.

There are fleets at sea and all ships in the fleet can be destroyed.

There are plenty of targets for the bomber guys.

Offline Article_86

• Zinc Member
« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2015, 02:44:35 PM »
Trains and supply trucks on the move as well as barges at the ports are targets in the supply chain.

At bases there are ammo bunkers, troop barracks, fuel tanks, fighter hangers, vehicles hangers, bomber hangers, radar tower, field guns both manned and auto. There are also non-strat structures that can be destroyed.

Towns, all the buildings can be destroyed as well as ack guns there too.

There are strat areas that are used in the supply system in the game (trains, convoys both ship and trucks come from) where all building, towers and guns can be destroyed.

There are fleets at sea and all ships in the fleet can be destroyed.

There are plenty of targets for the bomber guys.

I've been away and still not in the game yet ... life gets in the way sometimes. lol  I wanted to thank you for the time you spent to reply, you're an asset to this forum/sim.  Too bad about the trees though.  ;-)  - Art
"Yesterday, upon the stair, I met a man who wasn't there. He wasn't there again today, I wish, I wish he'd go away." - Antigonish - 1899,  poet Hughes Mearns

Offline Bruv119

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://www.thefewsquadron.co.uk
« Reply #3 on: October 10, 2015, 02:56:59 AM »
in response to the ground element,  yes you can taxi off base or a bailed pilot can run around with his pistol.

There are many ground vehicles in game that players can drive around in and participate with the overall attack/defend win the war objectives.  Of course back in FA you only had AI tanks that liked to conga, here they bite back. 

The game is going through a transition to the newer version soon so it might be a waste of time to learn any of the town/base layouts as they will all be different.   The underlying objects that fugitive describes will still be there but look and positioned differently. 

You can download the game and have a look offline for free and members of this board can try the new open alpha download to get a feel for the minimum PC requirements.   Here  http://downloads.hitechcreations.com/AHALPHA079.EXE
The Few ***
F.P.H

Offline USRanger

• AvA Staff Member
  • Plutonium Member
      • BoP Home
« Reply #4 on: October 10, 2015, 03:55:13 AM »
I've been away and still not in the game yet ... life gets in the way sometimes. lol  I wanted to thank you for the time you spent to reply, you're an asset to this forum/sim.  Too bad about the trees though.  ;-)  - Art

Here's the thing about trees.  There are thousands & thousands of them on a main arena terrain.  Can you imagine if the server and our PCs had to keep track of every single tree that was destroyed?  My computer starts to smoke just thinking about that. :)
Axis vs Allies Staff Member
☩ JG11 Sonderstaffel ☩
Flying 'Black[Death] 10' ☩JG11☩

Only the Proud, Only the Strong Ne Desit Virtus