Author Topic: Need Training  (Read 664 times)

Offline DigBick

• Zinc Member
Need Training
« on: August 05, 2015, 01:35:31 PM »
Hello everybody. I have been off and on at Aces High for the last 6 or 7 years and I get the occasional kill but I always seem to hit the frustration wall before I ever reach improvement and ultimately end up quitting. I am USA Eastern Time and my schedule is completely flexible. I can't tell you exactly what I need to Improve on but since I tend to be alone most of the time I'm usually working on BnZ Tactics in a Dora or a Pony.

Thanks

Offline Zoney

• Platinum Member
Re: Need Training
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2015, 01:58:27 PM »
Welcome back sir  :salute

I'm very happy you have returned.  Have patience with yourself.  I think it's great to start with a BnZ but when that fails you will most likely end up in a turn fight so you will end up learning that too.  Stick with one aircraft for awhile and I agree that the Dora, (190D) is a fairly forgiving aircraft with excellent guns.  On the assumption that you won't have many opportunities to have your gunsight on your enemy, the ability to kill them with one burst will help.

What is your in game handle please.  I'm Zoney in game also and anytime you are on, if you fly Knights, you are more than welcome to tag along with me.  I am an alt monkey however and you may not like the patience required if you want to have fights right away.

You can also PM me anytime and I will be happy to go to the Training Arena with you and give you a target to practice your gunnery on.
Wag more, bark less.

Offline DigBick

• Zinc Member
« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2015, 03:08:04 PM »
Welcome back sir  :salute

I'm very happy you have returned.  Have patience with yourself.  I think it's great to start with a BnZ but when that fails you will most likely end up in a turn fight so you will end up learning that too.  Stick with one aircraft for awhile and I agree that the Dora, (190D) is a fairly forgiving aircraft with excellent guns.  On the assumption that you won't have many opportunities to have your gunsight on your enemy, the ability to kill them with one burst will help.

What is your in game handle please.  I'm Zoney in game also and anytime you are on, if you fly Knights, you are more than welcome to tag along with me.  I am an alt monkey however and you may not like the patience required if you want to have fights right away.

You can also PM me anytime and I will be happy to go to the Training Arena with you and give you a target to practice your gunnery on.

Zoney,

My handle in game is DigBick and I would love to come ride along for a bit.

Offline FLS

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
      • Trainer's Website
« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2015, 03:45:22 PM »
PM sent.

Offline Muzzy

• Silver Member
« Reply #4 on: August 05, 2015, 04:11:14 PM »
Deferring as always to the Training Corps but if you see me online I'm always up for practice.

CO 111 Sqdn Black Arrows

Wng Cdr, No. 2 Tactical Bomber Group, RAF, "Today's Target" Scenario. "You maydie, but you will not be bored!"

Offline FLS

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
      • Trainer's Website
« Reply #5 on: August 05, 2015, 04:15:33 PM »
Deferring as always to the Training Corps but if you see me online I'm always up for practice.

It's always helpful when people share what they know.

Offline DigBick

• Zinc Member
« Reply #6 on: August 05, 2015, 06:01:00 PM »