Author Topic: Porking. Needs to be changed.  (Read 21193 times)

Offline FLS

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
      • Trainer's Website
Re: Porking. Needs to be changed.
« Reply #75 on: August 11, 2015, 12:04:24 AM »
I understand the point. Some people think the ammo bunker should not be strafe-able because that's too easy.

I'm guessing Hitech is aware of the complaints and disagrees. Just guessing though.  :D

Offline Zimme83

• Gold Member
« Reply #76 on: August 11, 2015, 07:50:11 AM »
Ord bunkers will not live longer if rockets or bomb were needed to take them down...
Not exactly harder to take them down w rockets.
''The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge'' - Stephen Hawking

Offline Randy1

• Platinum Member
« Reply #77 on: August 11, 2015, 12:20:32 PM »
Ord bunkers will not live longer if rockets or bomb were needed to take them down...
Not exactly harder to take them down w rockets.

Ya-but it might stop the single pass that takes both ords out on a single pass on a small field.  Kind of set up like grouping your planes on the ground in case of an attack.

I can do a twofer as well like the VH and the radar on one pass.

Of course the other side of the coin is you leave damage level alone but shorten the down time to fifteen minutes.

Offline Scca

• Gold Member
« Reply #78 on: August 11, 2015, 12:48:30 PM »
Ya-but it might stop the single pass that takes both ords out on a single pass on a small field.  Kind of set up like grouping your planes on the ground in case of an attack.

I can do a twofer as well like the VH and the radar on one pass.

Of course the other side of the coin is you leave damage level alone but shorten the down time to fifteen minutes.
I disagree...  My preferred method is to take a Tiffy with 2, 1K bombs and drop the Ords on one pass with the bombs.  If it's a Medium field, I do the same, cannoning down the remaining two. 

Hardening the Ords bunker will only change how they are killed, not the frequency with which they ARE killed.  As this isn't the "wishlist" forum, my opinion is the ord situation is just fine, and falls into the "perk the LA" bucket of requests, not necessary. 
Flying as AkMeathd - CO Arabian Knights
Working on my bbs cred one post at a time

http://www.arabian-knights.org

Offline PJ_Godzilla

• Gold Member
« Reply #79 on: August 11, 2015, 01:00:12 PM »
There is a fairly well known piece of gun cam footage taken where an ammo train explodes and you can see what happens to the plane closest.  Needless to say it was gun cam from the trailing plane not the one that disappears in the explosion

I think I've seen that. It was, IIRC, a group of Jugs doing a bit of a shoot and scoot. The alt of the flying debris is truly impressive.
Some say revenge is a dish best served cold. I say it's usually best served hot, chunky, and foaming. Eventually, you will all die in my vengeance vomit firestorm.

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #80 on: August 11, 2015, 01:48:30 PM »
I disagree...  My preferred method is to take a Tiffy with 2, 1K bombs and drop the Ords on one pass with the bombs.  If it's a Medium field, I do the same, cannoning down the remaining two. 

Hardening the Ords bunker will only change how they are killed, not the frequency with which they ARE killed.  As this isn't the "wishlist" forum, my opinion is the ord situation is just fine, and falls into the "perk the LA" bucket of requests, not necessary.

That's is what the OP is asking, he would like to see a change in HOW the ords are dropped. In your case for a medium field you would need a wingman to help finsh the ord. Make sense  as a bigger field should take more guys.

More guys, or maybe a couple passes, or less speed to aim with bombs all add up to more of a chance to defend against the attack. If people don't bother to defend because  the attack is not defendable you will have less people willing to defend and so less fights. Funny how it all kinda fits together.

Offline Scca

• Gold Member
« Reply #81 on: August 11, 2015, 02:32:46 PM »
That's is what the OP is asking, he would like to see a change in HOW the ords are dropped. In your case for a medium field you would need a wingman to help finsh the ord. Make sense  as a bigger field should take more guys.

More guys, or maybe a couple passes, or less speed to aim with bombs all add up to more of a chance to defend against the attack. If people don't bother to defend because  the attack is not defendable you will have less people willing to defend and so less fights. Funny how it all kinda fits together.
Fair enough, but on a small field, two 1K bombs takes out ords in one pass, which is what his complaint was (one pass ords down)
Flying as AkMeathd - CO Arabian Knights
Working on my bbs cred one post at a time

http://www.arabian-knights.org

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #82 on: August 11, 2015, 03:18:22 PM »
Fair enough, but on a small field, two 1K bombs takes out ords in one pass, which is what his complaint was (one pass ords down)

Not for everyone.

Offline Mato

• Copper Member
« Reply #83 on: August 11, 2015, 04:08:55 PM »
I could be wrong.  I have been many times in the past.
I believe the OP's complaint was being able to take down a bunker with bullets.
If I'm wrong, just ignore this post.

Offline doright

• Nickel Member
« Reply #84 on: August 11, 2015, 04:51:14 PM »
Here is a proposal. Make the ords bunkers hardenable by resupplying bunkers that aren't down. So if say a field is resupplied by a player any up bunker is hardened and is only damageable by bombs, ship 5" or 8", and main gun of a tank, for 90 minutes.

Allows a form of defense but still allows strafing down bunkers that aren't hardened.
Armaments 3:9 "Fireth thee not in their forward quarters lest thee be beset by 200 imps and be naughty in their sight."

Offline Waffle

• HTC Staff Member
  • Administrator
      • HiTech Creations Inc. Aces High
« Reply #85 on: August 11, 2015, 07:09:36 PM »
Probably throwing fuel on the fire here...but what about a secondary blast / blast radius that when the ord. bunker is destroyed it would be the equvielant of about 50,000 lbs of HE going off at once?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk
« Last Edit: August 11, 2015, 07:12:37 PM by Waffle »

Offline doright

• Nickel Member
« Reply #86 on: August 11, 2015, 07:13:51 PM »
Probably throwing fuel on the fire here...but what about a secondary blast / blast radius that when the ord. bunker is destroyed it would be the equvielant of about 50,000 lbs of HE going off at once?

Nice! Aversion therapy for strafers.
Armaments 3:9 "Fireth thee not in their forward quarters lest thee be beset by 200 imps and be naughty in their sight."

Offline Tilt

• Platinum Member
      • FullTilt
« Reply #87 on: August 12, 2015, 04:27:32 AM »

Only 50,000lbs ? :evil:
Ludere Vincere

Offline Changeup

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
      • Das Muppets
« Reply #88 on: August 12, 2015, 05:51:53 AM »

Gig em'👍
"Such is the nature of war.  By protecting others, you save yourself."

"Those who are skilled in combat do not become angered.  Those who are skilled at winning do not become afraid.  Thus, the wise win before the fight, while the ignorant fight to win." - Morihei Ueshiba

Offline Randy1

• Platinum Member
« Reply #89 on: August 12, 2015, 07:45:11 AM »

Now that would be cool.  Make too low of pass and your caught in a huge explosion.   And maybe  the green chasing down the red.  Ouch on that.