Author Topic: Porking. Needs to be changed.  (Read 21167 times)

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
Re: Porking. Needs to be changed.
« Reply #120 on: August 16, 2015, 04:16:01 AM »
I agree, Lushe, and here are the reasons why.

When I first began playing AH about 10 years ago, I could take a heavy F4U-1D Corsair loaded with 2x1ks and 8 rockets and sink a CV in a single pass because a CV had a hardness of about 3k and didn't have the 8k hardness it has today. I used to sink CVs regularly, and then look for an air to air fight. But, folks complained about CVs being too easy to sink and that soon changed

I'm sorry, but the CV hardness has not changed at all. All the time you (and I) had been here, the CV had been at 8k. You always had only been able to sink the CV in a heavy fighter if it had been previously damaged.

:old:
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline Changeup

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
      • Das Muppets
« Reply #121 on: August 16, 2015, 11:33:56 AM »
Junky has an excuse related to his current deployment, you don't. And when did you start riding on Junky's skirt tails. Have you downloaded and tested the alpha yet? Everyone's PC is unique and feedback is equally valuable.

Pretty much both of you are admitting you are here to "dig holes" to see who flinches first when the shovel tip makes it's grand stage entrance. Even for Junky that's kind of thread bare Vanscrewish at this late date.

I'm not riding his skirt at all.  I liked Junky when I was a POTW and I appreciate his candor, probably more now than I did then because he's grown up.  Not that he was juvy then.  Squat is a good kid too but them together was great fun to watch.

Bustr, you should stop trying so hard.  We could ask you when you started riding AH's skirt which you do a lot. 

(I've downloaded the alpha and I've played with the alpha)
"Such is the nature of war.  By protecting others, you save yourself."

"Those who are skilled in combat do not become angered.  Those who are skilled at winning do not become afraid.  Thus, the wise win before the fight, while the ignorant fight to win." - Morihei Ueshiba

Offline Golden Dragon

• Copper Member
« Reply #122 on: August 17, 2015, 08:23:56 AM »
There's absolutely nothing wrong with the current modeling of ordinance bunker destruction.  If you horde types want to stop us from taking away your toys then diminish your ranks a bit and cap your airfields.  I love porking the Bish horde front in my Pony and taking the wind out of your sails.
Fight's on!

Offline Randy1

• Platinum Member
« Reply #123 on: August 17, 2015, 12:21:01 PM »
There's absolutely nothing wrong with the current modeling of ordinance bunker destruction.  If you horde types want to stop us from taking away your toys then diminish your ranks a bit and cap your airfields.  I love porking the Bish horde front in my Pony and taking the wind out of your sails.

Even with a fighter cap a small field can easily be porked.  The porker might not escape but the two ords and radar can knocked down by a single fighter before he or she is caught.  A medium field is not so easy.

Offline FLS

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
      • Trainer's Website
« Reply #124 on: August 17, 2015, 04:21:33 PM »
Even with a fighter cap a small field can easily be porked. 

You seem to think that's a bad thing. That's a debatable point.

It appears to be intentional design.

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #125 on: August 18, 2015, 03:53:13 PM »
How many who have been here over 3 years, have ever seen an A5, A8, F8, dora not get through to the field in a dive unless there were about 12 or more defenders 200 off his tail? And some make upwards of 5 passes trailing Love Lorne defenders trying to reach out and touch him...... :O

Seems to me Hitech decided porking is a good idea if it has not changed much since 1999. While admittedly it's suckky on nights when numbers and the tactical situation places your country in the two hole barrel. But, I'm always surprised when I hear some knight not a POTW heading out alone declaring he's gonna pork some ord.

POTW will pull in over a big stalled fight and look at the troops\ord at all enemy fields with a spawn into the one under attack. It's almost always the same situation, all are up and healthy, attack stalled, everyone pointing fingers about the town ack that keeps coming back up every 5 minutes. No one is really hunting M3s or heading off to eliminate the supply source for the M3s.

I think M3's being able to resupply the town are more of a problem than getting your field porked. Just watch the knights when they try to take fields. They always think the first wave will be in, drop everything, and the troops will be running before anyone is the wiser. 10 minuets later, usually something small has gone wrong, and the M3's have enough time to make their first delivery.

No one goes and porks anything at the M3's origin fields, instead, the knights up GV's to stop the M3s and rush the town to clean it up at the pace of a frisky glacier. The fastest way to stop a mass AH2 GV assault, is to up a single T34 and hit one enemy tank. Not even kill it. And the GV hoard all ducks and covers to a grinding halt. And then if you jabo that single GV, and recon to make sure there are no more GV, the majority of the GV assault group won't resume the rush on the town. They all hang back to long range cover the few willing to keep up the momentum. You know how precious those GV perks are.

Porking used to be a prelude to an NOE hoard passing near the porked field. Watching radar rings turn red and ord become 0% was a reasonable way to guess at the destination or the new front some squad was starting. Ord porking on a coastal field was a good indicator of a near shore CV. But, back then we had enough players to make up for the inconvenience by weight of numbers who would respond to the challenge.

Since our numbers have tapered off, there seems to be an ongoing feeling that players want Hitech to sanitize the game a bit or introduce complex conditional properties to reduce their increased frustrations. Sanitizing the game will force players to face each other, and what kind of following do the WW1 and DA arenas have? Complex conditional properties, looks good when you think them up with the other guy getting screwed. Most people forget they will get just as screwed in turn.
bustr - POTW 1st Wing

This is like the old joke that voters are harsher to their beer brewer if he has an outage, than their politicians after raising their taxes. Death and taxes are certain but, fun and sex is only now.

Offline kvuo75

• Gold Member
« Reply #126 on: August 18, 2015, 04:37:36 PM »
How many who have been here over 3 years, have ever seen an A5, A8, F8, dora not get through to the field in a dive unless there were about 12 or more defenders 200 off his tail? And some make upwards of 5 passes trailing Love Lorne defenders trying to reach out and touch him...... :O

yeah they're usually successful in multiple passes i think because most people chase a strafer/divebomber wrongly.. instead of staying at alt and waiting for him to come back uphill, they follow down and back up and never catch him.

couple years ago i got called a cheater for just staying at an dora's original alt and catching him as he came back up to flip around for his second pass in a nik(maybe a ki84). something like: "bs nice cheat how does a niki catch a d9 in a dive!!"  -- because i didnt follow you, genius.  i essentially made a shortcut to where i guessed you would show up.

kvuo75

Kill the manned ack.

Offline JunkyII

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #127 on: August 31, 2015, 04:34:24 AM »
yeah they're usually successful in multiple passes i think because most people chase a strafer/divebomber wrongly.. instead of staying at alt and waiting for him to come back uphill, they follow down and back up and never catch him.

couple years ago i got called a cheater for just staying at an dora's original alt and catching him as he came back up to flip around for his second pass in a nik(maybe a ki84). something like: "bs nice cheat how does a niki catch a d9 in a dive!!"  -- because i didnt follow you, genius.  i essentially made a shortcut to where i guessed you would show up.

If a decent pilot is in a dora killing ord...he won't need to flip over at all......point is invalid
DFC Member
Proud Member of Pigs on the Wing
"Yikes"