Author Topic: Patiently Waiting...  (Read 6080 times)

Offline Zoney

• Platinum Member
Re: Patiently Waiting...
« Reply #15 on: September 25, 2015, 01:44:23 PM »
Progressive European Tour Imminent.

262's !
Wag more, bark less.

Offline ROC

• Aces High CM Staff (Retired)
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #16 on: September 25, 2015, 03:21:09 PM »
Does this mean a rolling planeset?
Yes, similar to the Pacific concept, plane and terrain changes from early to late.
ROC
Nothing clever here.  Please, move along.

Offline Devil 505

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #17 on: September 25, 2015, 03:26:56 PM »
Yes, similar to the Pacific concept, plane and terrain changes from early to late.

I hope that it's more focused than the Pacific scenario. I'd like to see some consistency in the squadrons represented. Otherwise, it sounds pretty amazing.
Kommando Nowotny

FlyKommando.com

Offline ROC

• Platinum Member
« Reply #18 on: September 25, 2015, 05:13:50 PM »
262's !
Well, there could be 262s, if the objectives are met that acquire the technology and resources......
ROC

Offline Zoney

• Platinum Member
« Reply #19 on: September 25, 2015, 06:09:02 PM »
Well, there could be 262s, if the objectives are met that acquire the technology and resources......

Dammit!!  You're going to make us EARN THEM!  (Looking forward to it)
Wag more, bark less.

Offline Devil 505

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #20 on: September 25, 2015, 07:45:33 PM »

So, if the end point is late '44 - early '45 where does it begin? I hope not too early, as that would kill much of the emersion factor in my opinion. The problem with the last Pacific scenario was that it had no tangible connection between frames. It was like a series of snapshots. Where scenarios excel is either in playing out a single campaign on a day to day basis (Battle of Britain) or a very specific area of operation over time, where the same historical squadrons face off against each other (Battle over Germany).

I have no idea what you are planning with using multiple maps. Could be as simple as winter and summer terrains, and a slight change focal point in the same general vicinity that requires a different map, which would be very cool. Or you might plan on going from BoB, to Tunisia, then to France, and finally over Germany, which is not nearly as cool. Based on your comparison to the last Pacific scenario, I fear it will be the latter.

Food for thought.

:salute
Kommando Nowotny

FlyKommando.com

Offline Delirium

• Platinum Member
« Reply #21 on: September 25, 2015, 10:32:26 PM »

I've seen far too many events that have had Me262s used as reconnaissance roles, single ship harassment near Allied airfields, and given to a few select individuals that reeks of nepotism or those that simply signed up a little bit earlier.

I'd strongly urge the CM teams to reconsider allowing Me262s in an event, they don't add anything to the event and their presence will convince me to not sign up for the event at all.

Delirium
80th "Headhunters"
Retired AH Trainer (but still teach the P38 selectively)

I found an air leak in my inflatable sheep and plugged the hole! Honest!

Offline Brooke

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://www.electraforge.com/brooke/
« Reply #22 on: September 25, 2015, 11:39:43 PM »
Hmm.  I guess we should rethink the frame that has F-14's (using the Me 262 as stand in) vs. Zeros from the historical movie Final Countdown.

Offline Nefarious

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #23 on: September 26, 2015, 06:52:27 AM »
Hmm.  I guess we should rethink the frame that has F-14's (using the Me 262 as stand in) vs. Zeros from the historical movie Final Countdown.

Had to dust this off :)

There must also be a flyable computer available for Nefarious to do FSO. So he doesn't keep talking about it for eight and a half hours on Friday night!

Offline Delirium

• Platinum Member
« Reply #24 on: September 26, 2015, 02:39:56 PM »
I didn't mean to come off as harsh as I did earlier, but my opinion hasn't changed.

That said, that was a pretty comical movie but made for some really nice wallpapers.

Delirium
80th "Headhunters"
Retired AH Trainer (but still teach the P38 selectively)

I found an air leak in my inflatable sheep and plugged the hole! Honest!

Offline Brooke

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://www.electraforge.com/brooke/
« Reply #25 on: September 26, 2015, 06:57:30 PM »
I'm not that keen on 262's either.

Offline ROC

• Platinum Member
« Reply #26 on: September 26, 2015, 07:16:07 PM »
  Teaser, working on a concept.

'm not a huge fan of them in a leading role.  I have been looking at this particular design to see if something will work, this design might not be it, I'm almost done counting stuff. 
The idea was not to have 262s as an actual element of the event, rather the goal of the event.  "If" the Axis gain enough resources, ground and technology by objective successes, they complete the development of the 262, which would only allow them a launch window in the last hour or so of the last frame.
I don't think it is going to be a factor in this particular design though, it doesn't fit with the foundation Brooke laid out in the progression of the battles.

ROC

Offline HB555

• Platinum Member
« Reply #27 on: September 30, 2015, 08:44:39 PM »
So if the bombers hit and destroy targets, the 262 might not get built or even developed in time to see the light of day in this scenario.
I will start working on calibration and wingman skills with my English girlfriend.  :rofl
Snoopy Bell

HB555 A gentleman, with a school boys heart, and crazy enough to think he is a cartoon dog.

Offline ROC

• Platinum Member
« Reply #28 on: September 30, 2015, 09:20:21 PM »
So if the bombers hit and destroy targets, the 262 might not get built or even developed in time to see the light of day in this scenario.
Conceptually, that's going to be introduced into an event, yes.  We are up against some Alpha stuff which is causing a bit of a desire to simplify this one in case of rollout.
The idea is if you don't like the 262, make damn sure they don't get them :)
ROC

Offline puller

• Gold Member
« Reply #29 on: September 30, 2015, 09:37:58 PM »
We will make sure we have 262s.... :rock
"The road to Hell is paved with good intentions."
CO   Anti-Horde