Author Topic: Patch 74  (Read 1009 times)

Offline FLS

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
      • Trainer's Website
Re: Patch 74
« Reply #15 on: September 12, 2015, 03:58:04 PM »

I have a question.
F3 works on aircraft in flight as well as landed planes, so I played a smidge. All aircraft seem stunted for some reason. My screen is wide format, 1920x1080p, I used view again 95, 4096 text,  I have no monitor scaling enabled. I'm wondering if its my pc doing the stunting. Obviously in the cockpit that don't matter.

If I understand you correctly what you are seeing is a combination of your field of view setting and your point of view distance from your aircraft.
Try adjusting zoom until it looks normal.

Offline F77

• Copper Member
« Reply #16 on: September 12, 2015, 05:32:21 PM »
Installed fine, tried loading in to the Europe map.  It reached "Load Complete" then started going to black screen and back again repeatedly.  Had to task manager and end task to get out.

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #17 on: September 12, 2015, 06:42:58 PM »
24" LCD 1920x1080
Mode 1024, FOV 105
HD6770 - Diamond
1G GDDR5
Data Paths 128
BW - 80G byte sec.
Shaders - 800

I just finished testing offline for the ability to render clouds with all defaults enabled. I had no problems with streaking of the clouds and playable FPS. But, playable FPS and no streaking of the clouds required increasing my card's band width above 80G byte sec.

I wanted to eliminate the fact that Oakland CA has been going through a severe heat wave and I don't have AC in my house because most of the year you don't need AC in the Bay Area. When I was previously testing, my video card had OC off and was hitting 90C and higher for sustained periods which I've found subsequently to be the shut down temp range for the card to protect it.  This was the source of the game black screens I reported. Today is over cast and around 69F with a breeze. The default idle temp for my card is normal 32-36C like now, versus during the heat wave idle temp was 41-45C.

The first BW increase was to 81.2G byte sec. This eliminated the streaking of the rendered clouds but still had FPS inside the clouds mid teens to mid 20's. Tower FPS was 20's with hanger mid teens. But, FPS approaching the clouds stayed mid 30s-mid 40's until entering the clouds. Not the previous issue of watching the FPS drop starting about 2k out, dropping exponentially going into the clouds.

The second BW increase was to 82.6G byte sec. This created a better FPS response in the clouds of mid 20s - mid 30s. All clouds rendered without the streaking. Card temps never went above 80C while in the clouds. It was mostly while in clouds during the local heat wave that my card hit it's high heat shut down point and the screen turned black until the temp dropped into the 80's C.

Achieving the higher Band Widths required increasing my GDDR5 speed from default 1250Mhz to 1270Mhz then 1290Mhz. Much higher than that and both AH2 and the alpha eventually respond with the exe to the desktop error.

Now that I've found a band width that can support cloud rendering, I should try out a Euro2015 mission to see what happens.
bustr - POTW 1st Wing

This is like the old joke that voters are harsher to their beer brewer if he has an outage, than their politicians after raising their taxes. Death and taxes are certain but, fun and sex is only now.

Offline 100Coogn

• Gold Member
« Reply #18 on: September 13, 2015, 12:49:04 AM »
CPU----AMD Phenom II X4 965
GPU----EVGA GTX 660
OS-----Windows 10
MOBO--ASRock 970M Pro-3
RAM---16GB G-skill

Getting black flashes at about 10 second intervals.  It starts as soon as I begin a sortie.
It look like I'm blacking out, but I haven't even taken off yet...

Coogan
From Wiley: If you're hitting them after they drop, that's not defense, that is revenge.
Game Id's:
AHIII: Coogan
RDR2: Coogan_Bear
MSFS-2020: Coogan Bear

Offline Bino

• Platinum Member
« Reply #19 on: September 13, 2015, 03:30:20 PM »

Also, on the cruiser, the port/starboard 40mm Bofors guns are reversed.

The port/starboard 20mm guns are correct.

On the cruiser in the fleet, the 5" twin mounts are reversed from the selection icons in the hangar. If you choose the mount on the bow it puts you in the mount on the stern, and vice versa.

IMHO, the glare from the early-morning sun on the water is way overdone. Once upon a time I did a lot of sailing in small boats on New Jersey's Barnegat Bay, and I was always able to see at least *something* on the water directly in line with the sun. Even when it was very early in the morning and the sun was low on the horizon.

As with some other players, after hitting the "quit" button the game sometimes freezes and I have to resort to the Windows Task Manager. Maybe half the time? Cannot see any pattern in that, yet.

Flying off and landing on the carrier both seem perfectly normal. Firing ship guns at enemy ships, likewise.

And it ALL looks really nice. Thanks!

"The plural of 'anecdote' is not 'data'." - Randy Pausch

PC Specs

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #20 on: September 15, 2015, 04:29:51 PM »
I tested again against clouds offline and the Euro 2015 missions online. By adding several fans I'm able to run my video card bumped up to a Band Width of 85.1 Gbyte sec. with the memory speed at 1330Mhz.

1. - With the graphics defaults enabled offline the hanger FPS was 16-20. Tower 27-32, and spawned on the runway 30-32. Flying around varied never getting above 47. Climbing to the clouds the FPS held until entering the clouds. No diagonal streaking of the clouds but, FPS 12-30 depending where at in the clouds. Driving on the ground 22-37.

The Euro 2015 missions were fine until max Icon range for all AI involved. FPS dropped 2-7.

2. - With post lighting and clutter turned off and the environment slider at "0". Tower 40-42 and hanger 22-27. Spawned on the runway 42, flying 47-60 until entering the clouds. Inside the clouds depending on location, 22-42.

The Euro 2015 missions FPS held 42-50 with the sky filled with Icons and AI.

3. - Offline with clutter turned on driving around. If you pulled up next to a tall berm and looked up at the top of it. The clutter at the top had about 6 inches of see through space under it.

4. - During a mission I was flying a spit5 against He111. First and second pass my guns fired. Third pass I pulled the trigger several times and the guns would not fire. Checked damage and everything was green, pulled the trigger and then the guns fired.
« Last Edit: September 15, 2015, 05:51:04 PM by bustr »
bustr - POTW 1st Wing

This is like the old joke that voters are harsher to their beer brewer if he has an outage, than their politicians after raising their taxes. Death and taxes are certain but, fun and sex is only now.