Author Topic: Geezer Night?  (Read 3360 times)

Offline Shamus

• Gold Member
Re: Geezer Night?
« Reply #15 on: September 11, 2015, 03:33:35 PM »
Shut up Bush.
one of the cats

FSO Jagdgeschwader 11

Offline Alpo

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Silver Member
« Reply #16 on: September 11, 2015, 03:41:51 PM »
You can't get those 190 drivers to listen ever :)

What was that kids name that was known for that?

Why does Zazen come to mind?   :(
SkyKnights Fighter Group -CO-
R.I.P.  SKDenny 02/03/1940 - 02/19/2012

Offline Oldman731

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #17 on: September 11, 2015, 04:12:41 PM »
What was that kids name that was known for that?

Wu, son of Soup.

- oldman (pay better attention to Bigweek)

Offline Guppy35

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #18 on: September 11, 2015, 04:14:26 PM »

Wu, son of Soup.

- oldman (pay better attention to Bigweek)

That's him.  Thanks for the memory check :)
Dan/CorkyJr
8th FS "Headhunters

Offline HL117

• Nickel Member
      • Aircams
« Reply #19 on: September 12, 2015, 09:10:51 AM »
Never heard that one before "spin fighting" 

as in stall it out and fire while spinning down?
Whether you think you can or cannot, you are right!

Offline katanaso

• Gold Member
« Reply #20 on: September 12, 2015, 10:14:00 AM »

Nope!  Back in AW, when they got rid of RR, you could spin and reverse a 190 on demand, and it would lose very little E (both speed and alt).

Imagine taking your 38 into a snap roll, but then take out the vertical component.  So you'd either fly away, or get guns on the enemy, at nearly the same speed when you started.

This one person would do it consistently throughout a fight.
mir
80th FS "Headhunters"

The most terrifying words in the English language are: "I'm from the government and I'm here to help."

Offline TequilaChaser

• AH Training Corps - Retired
  • Plutonium Member
      • The Damned - founded by Ptero in 1988
« Reply #21 on: September 12, 2015, 10:24:20 AM »

No, some would throw/maneuver their plane into an incipient spin, over and over throughout a dogfight....

Soup's boy Wu did this very well.... others performed this "spin fighting trick" as well but nowhere as good as Wu in his FW190A....

Twist was a completely different 190 fight, than the 190 fight Wu brought....

TC
"When one considers just what they should say to a new pilot who is logging in Aces High, the mind becomes confused in the complex maze of info it is necessary for the new player to know. All of it is important; most of it vital; and all of it just too much for one brain to absorb in 1-2 lessons" TC

Offline Drano

• Platinum Member
« Reply #22 on: September 12, 2015, 11:10:21 AM »
Think that guy was FinE` lovingly known as SpinE`

Sent from my K00F using Tapatalk

"Drano"
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

FSO flying with the 412th Friday Night Volunteer Group

Offline Tumor

• Platinum Member
      • Wait For It
« Reply #23 on: September 13, 2015, 02:09:41 AM »
Think that guy was FinE` lovingly known as SpinE`

yaaaa... stinkin dwee(Bz)
"Dogfighting is useless"  :Erich Hartmann

Offline Rino

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #24 on: September 13, 2015, 12:00:29 PM »
     Wow, someone must have cleaned out the AW Fossil wing of the museum here  :rofl
80th FS Headhunters
PHAN
Proud veteran of the Cola Wars

Offline FLS

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
      • Trainer's Website
« Reply #25 on: September 13, 2015, 12:02:41 PM »
Spindweebs, the hate runs deep.    :rofl 

I never did learn how to do that.  :headscratch:

Offline ebfd11

• Platinum Member
      • [b]POTW[/b]
« Reply #26 on: September 14, 2015, 10:31:48 AM »
OK I found a site for free d/l of the game if you want in ...http://www.oldpcgaming.net/air-warrior-3-review/ go to the screenshot's at the bottom and d/l is on the right. Gonna check in as either my handle here or -=MajPayne=-

LawnDart
PIGS ON THE WING 3RD WING

InGame id: LawnDart
RIP Skullman Potzie and BentNail

Offline Hetzer7

• Nickel Member
« Reply #27 on: September 14, 2015, 10:47:18 AM »
Oh yes it's Geezer night and the feeling's right
Oh yes it's Geezer night, oh what a night!

Offline TequilaChaser

• AH Training Corps - Retired
  • Plutonium Member
      • The Damned - founded by Ptero in 1988
« Reply #28 on: September 14, 2015, 02:36:44 PM »
Nope!  Back in AW, when they got rid of RR, you could spin and reverse a 190 on demand, and it would lose very little E (both speed and alt).

Imagine taking your 38 into a snap roll, but then take out the vertical component.  So you'd either fly away, or get guns on the enemy, at nearly the same speed when you started.

This one person would do it consistently throughout a fight.

depending on the aircraft type, AW's flight modeling for spins ( incipient or flat spins ) was to me sometimes harder than Aces high, but for other planes types, Aces high seemed a bit harsher than Air warrior was.....

I recall being able to purposely put the F6f-5 in AW into a tail spin and control how far/long in time I would spin it.... I could spin a 1/4 turn, 1/2 turn, 3/4 or even 1 or more complete 360 degrees of rotation...... following my opponent via the views, I could control and bring my hellcat out of the spin exactly where I wanted to gain a position advantage.... the spitfires, F4U-1, P47 ( well most all Us planes and some others from other countries ) was easy to do this, if you had practiced this... this was completely different than how Wu would do his so called "spin fighting"... to me it was simply being able to have complete control over how and when you stopped or recovered from your tail spin, and using it in an advantageous way...

so, with what I have described above regarding AW's flight model,  AW was easier, verses AH, because I have not seen any plane in AH that you could control the spin in such a way as one could in AW... but in my experiences, AH is easier to control the ability easier to avoid spinning and riding the stall, verses the way AW where the spins were abrupt and for the in experienced, would often catch them off guard and most times lose major altitude in trying to recover, to where some of the experienced players could recover on the dime and drop less than a 100 feet or so, if that.....

depending on one's altitude and plane type, some are able to recover from inverted ( upside down ) flat spins in Aces High, "sometimes", (
for the hurri 1 and spit 1 it is nearly impossible if you was in an inverted flat spin).....to where in AW< it was dang near impossible to recover from an inverted flat spin, iirc ....

anyways, looking back over this thread, refreshed my memory a lil bit.....

now the ETO back then, if Mutha wants us all to meet at the Atol there in the middle where the bridge crosses over from Az to Bz, wasn't that A81, B81, C81 bases? or what were they named? Centurion ( C81 I think? ) Moggy ( B81 , I think ), and A81 is foggy to me trying to recall the Player's name, regarding the callsign / player name, which the base was named after...... or some of you old Geezers with impeccable memory please correct me if I have that all fouled up regarding the ETO Atol bases.....

when's the next time y'all want to have a Geezer night?  Phan, you should come too, get that Chopped Barbeque sandwich, you have sitting there, off the top of your head, and your tongue will stop slapping your brains out trying to get at it....<GRIN>

TC
« Last Edit: September 14, 2015, 02:40:09 PM by TequilaChaser »
"When one considers just what they should say to a new pilot who is logging in Aces High, the mind becomes confused in the complex maze of info it is necessary for the new player to know. All of it is important; most of it vital; and all of it just too much for one brain to absorb in 1-2 lessons" TC

Offline Brooke

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://www.electraforge.com/brooke/
« Reply #29 on: September 15, 2015, 03:37:19 PM »
Can we set our screens to black and white and fly with the mouse?