Author Topic: Sick and tired  (Read 9348 times)

Offline PJ_Godzilla

• Gold Member
Re: Sick and tired
« Reply #90 on: September 25, 2015, 11:25:32 AM »
Decent analysis Violator... The one time I thought I had Krupynski, I snuck up on his K-4's low six with a G-14 and quickly landed some shots on him, killing his engine. He went into a very quick barrel and acquired my six, thus dousing my hubris with a tater.

Now, I know how to do a rolling scissor... first time ever doing it successfully for me was in a Dora against a Jug. The Jug ran out of air before me. I DON'T know how to do a rolling scissor like Krup. He had the helix just right to, at that speed, burn just enough time and real estate to get his angle before I even realized what was happening. This is probably the next frontier for me; using the roll more intelligently.

That, and I've got to find a way to improve my aim with the slow-firing motorkanone.   
Some say revenge is a dish best served cold. I say it's usually best served hot, chunky, and foaming. Eventually, you will all die in my vengeance vomit firestorm.

Offline Wiley

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #91 on: September 25, 2015, 11:33:39 AM »
Decent analysis Violator... The one time I thought I had Krupynski, I snuck up on his K-4's low six with a G-14 and quickly landed some shots on him, killing his engine. He went into a very quick barrel and acquired my six, thus dousing my hubris with a tater.

Now, I know how to do a rolling scissor... first time ever doing it successfully for me was in a Dora against a Jug. The Jug ran out of air before me. I DON'T know how to do a rolling scissor like Krup. He had the helix just right to, at that speed, burn just enough time and real estate to get his angle before I even realized what was happening. This is probably the next frontier for me; using the roll more intelligently.

That, and I've got to find a way to improve my aim with the slow-firing motorkanone.

And that's where the devil's in the details.  Like you, PJ, I can do a half decent rolling scissor.  Against about 3/4 of the people I fight I feel like I have a very decent chance of winning, even if I lose it in the end.  The top shelf guys get behind me seemingly effortlessly when I get into one with them.  Most of the time, I can see it happening, but have no idea what I need to change to stop losing advantage.

I'm not even sure how to go about training stuff like that.  I'm pretty sure it's timing on when to press the turns and when to relax them, as well as using the lift vector to fine tune where you're going to be in relation to the guy, but I don't understand how to begin to adjust stuff like that particularly in the heat of the moment.

Wiley.
If you think you are having a 1v1 in the Main Arena, your SA has failed you.

JG11

Online DmonSlyr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #92 on: September 25, 2015, 12:30:55 PM »
And that's where the devil's in the details.  Like you, PJ, I can do a half decent rolling scissor.  Against about 3/4 of the people I fight I feel like I have a very decent chance of winning, even if I lose it in the end.  The top shelf guys get behind me seemingly effortlessly when I get into one with them.  Most of the time, I can see it happening, but have no idea what I need to change to stop losing advantage.

I'm not even sure how to go about training stuff like that.  I'm pretty sure it's timing on when to press the turns and when to relax them, as well as using the lift vector to fine tune where you're going to be in relation to the guy, but I don't understand how to begin to adjust stuff like that particularly in the heat of the moment.

Wiley.

Yes, it comes entirely with timing, rudder, throttle and flaps. The key to the overshoot is too pull up and back when they are crossing behind you, sometimes cutting throttle is needed here, then roll in the opposite direction over the top of them, you may need flaps as well to help slow you down, but you have to judge it so that when they pull up you can get a quick snap shot. Most people don't use enough flaps, or enough throttle, or enough rudder, or yank the stick enough to get the plane in a better position. Here is a quick video of how it looks when you peform the movd correctly. Keep in mind, you really have to judge the other players E and also use aileron or nose down pushes to make it hard for them to get a shot.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=YAi_TRAV4E8

Sometimes you have to pull it tigher and when you do that use more flaps, slow down with throttle, and really use rudder to push the nose over.

During a slow rolling scissors, be aggressive, use more verticle before you roll over, instead of doing a nose up turn you do more of a half loop, get throttle cut, deploy flaps, and jam the rudder as you roll over.

Experience and practice will greatly help.
« Last Edit: September 25, 2015, 12:33:25 PM by DmonSlyr »
The Damned(est. 1988)
-=Army of Muppets=-
2014 & 2018 KoTH ToC Champion

Offline Someguy63

• Gold Member
« Reply #93 on: September 25, 2015, 01:16:33 PM »
Also it's best to line up shots using that method Grizz made a post on where you line up slightly below the enemy's flight path; it assures that if the enemy were to make a move to avoid you there would be no need to push down on the stick to make the shot. Too many negative G's are a no no.
Anarchy
#Taterz
-=Army of Muppets=-
"Imagination rules the world"

Offline Changeup

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
      • Das Muppets
« Reply #94 on: September 25, 2015, 03:22:00 PM »

Wiley.

In my opinion the Lord of the Scissors is Morfiend and he is available in the TA.  He actually teaches how to force an opponent into one.  That will allow for practice lol
"Such is the nature of war.  By protecting others, you save yourself."

"Those who are skilled in combat do not become angered.  Those who are skilled at winning do not become afraid.  Thus, the wise win before the fight, while the ignorant fight to win." - Morihei Ueshiba