Author Topic: Yo you going to let this game die or what?  (Read 9162 times)

Offline lefty2

• Persona Non Grata
  • Copper Member
Yo you going to let this game die or what?
« on: September 15, 2015, 02:05:45 PM »
No players no software no game...better fix it. looking a lot like AW at the end!

Offline Spikes

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
    • Twitch: Twitch Feed
Re: Yo you going to let this game die or what?
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2015, 02:12:39 PM »
i7-12700k | Gigabyte Z690 GAMING X | 64GB G.Skill DDR4 | EVGA 1080ti FTW3 | H150i Capellix

FlyKommando.com

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2015, 02:13:01 PM »
lefty, you downloaded the alpha or do you even have a game subscription?
bustr - POTW 1st Wing

This is like the old joke that voters are harsher to their beer brewer if he has an outage, than their politicians after raising their taxes. Death and taxes are certain but, fun and sex is only now.

Offline Busher

• Gold Member
« Reply #3 on: September 15, 2015, 08:57:08 PM »
lefty, you downloaded the alpha or do you even have a game subscription?

Sorry to butt in.... downloaded the alpha... surprised to find my system will run it. I feel like the kid commenting on the Emperor's New Clothes.... I like the current look better. The canopy scratches are cool but I find the cartoon scale has risen...not fallen. Sorry again.
Being male, an accident of birth. Being a man, a matter of age. Being a gentleman, a matter of choice.

Offline FESS67

• Silver Member
« Reply #4 on: September 15, 2015, 09:57:46 PM »
Can we download and play the alpha?

Offline Easyscor

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #5 on: September 15, 2015, 10:00:51 PM »
Can we download and play the alpha?

Yes.
It's open to all bbs users. However, be sure to read the privacy conditions.

Here, so you know the rule now.

THE ALPHA TEST IS OPEN TO FORUM MEMBERS ONLY, ANY REDISTRIBUTION OR POSTING OF THIS LINK ELSE WHERE IS PROHIBITED.
« Last Edit: September 15, 2015, 10:03:28 PM by Easyscor »
Easy in-game again.
Since Tour 19 - 2001

Offline FESS67

• Silver Member
« Reply #6 on: September 15, 2015, 10:46:59 PM »
Thanks.  Might look into that for when I get back from my Africa trip :)

Offline Someguy63

• Gold Member
« Reply #7 on: September 15, 2015, 11:18:53 PM »
Thanks.  Might look into that for when I get back from my Africa trip :)

Where in Africa?
Anarchy
#Taterz
-=Army of Muppets=-
"Imagination rules the world"

Offline FESS67

• Silver Member
« Reply #8 on: September 16, 2015, 12:48:06 AM »
SA - NE of Jo Burg  - Going to Kevin Richardson (the lion whisperer) sanctuary for a week to help out.  You Tube him - amazing guy

Offline Bruv119

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://www.thefewsquadron.co.uk
« Reply #9 on: September 16, 2015, 01:35:15 AM »
for a second then I thought you were going to say your going hunting.     :uhoh
The Few ***
F.P.H

Offline Bruv119

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://www.thefewsquadron.co.uk
« Reply #10 on: September 16, 2015, 01:43:36 AM »
Sorry to butt in.... downloaded the alpha... surprised to find my system will run it. I feel like the kid commenting on the Emperor's New Clothes.... I like the current look better. The canopy scratches are cool but I find the cartoon scale has risen...not fallen. Sorry again.

It runs much better, minus the clouds and some of the goodies turned off.  The cockpit looks much more realistic with glass reflections what with the improvements in tracers, explosions, fire etc.   Not sure what you mean by cartoon scale maybe the colours are much more vibrant/brighter than the dull looking current version.   

To test it fully and measure up how it will run with larger fights, as seen in the MA, we DO need more guys to download it and look at the europe map with AI missions.  The more people test the quicker HT can roll this out.

When HT does decide to unleash it on the rest of the crowd I don't doubt for a second we will hear  :x  I can't play anymore whines from guys who haven't even bothered to look at the Alpha because capturing base A256 is of far more importance.   You can't stop progress so adapt now and get your heads straight because doing this    :bhead  :bhead  :bhead is not cricket. 

Even driving a GV (yuk) around the new towns and strats would be a start in seeing how the objects blow up and look. 
The Few ***
F.P.H

Offline USRanger

• AvA Staff Member
  • Plutonium Member
      • BoP Home
« Reply #11 on: September 16, 2015, 02:17:00 AM »
Wait til you see what I can do with it.  Just wait! :cool:
Axis vs Allies Staff Member
☩ JG11 Sonderstaffel ☩
Flying 'Black[Death] 10' ☩JG11☩

Only the Proud, Only the Strong Ne Desit Virtus

Offline nooby52

• Silver Member
« Reply #12 on: September 16, 2015, 08:07:29 AM »
I was on the Alpha this weekend for a bit, offline, in a tank, and I gotta say: I love new terrain with the swaying trees and grass, the pretty flowers and the rock outcrops. Shoot, the whole scene at ground level is totally new and completely awesome. With my new graphics card I'm getting 59-60 fps even with all the detail turn up. the explosions are awesome, too. I'm not a true ground-pounder like some of you, but I really appreciate what's been done so far.

Only one gripe: can they make it so that a single bamboo stalk doesn't stop a Panzer cold? Please? It's been that way forever, and just befuddles me.

Flying as "South52" for VF-17 Jolly Rogers
17 Squadron - The Hardest Day Battle of Britain
204 Kokutai - Target Rabaul
610 Squadron -TFT Battle of Britain

Offline Someguy63

• Gold Member
« Reply #13 on: September 16, 2015, 09:56:57 AM »
SA - NE of Jo Burg  - Going to Kevin Richardson (the lion whisperer) sanctuary for a week to help out.  You Tube him - amazing guy

Heard of him, extraordinary stuff. Be safe and have a good time. :aok
Anarchy
#Taterz
-=Army of Muppets=-
"Imagination rules the world"

Offline DmonSlyr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #14 on: September 16, 2015, 10:26:28 AM »
I am still having a lot of fun during the evening time for the most part. I don't get to play during the day because of work, but I realize there is a slow spot during the early mornings and mid day. The furballs are still fun. I will switch teams so that I can fight against the hoard and big red dar bar. That is the most fun for me. If there isn't any action, roll off a CV next to a base and bomb the hell out of it. That is normally pretty fun, despite the ack, but sometimes you will potentially start a fun CV fight. You'd be surprised how many uppers you can get by going to jabo a random base, especially if you do it with a squad.

I hear a lot of sentiment on the BBS regarding slow game play and lack of players. However, if you play during the evening time and cannot find a fight, I recommend you fly to a random base and attack it, or switch sides. Yesterday I flew into hoards of red guys and was having a blast while fighting for the bish. I dont like fighting on the bish side, but they usually have the best furballs since both teams attack them a lot. Also, becoming better at the game will also help you have more fun and get more kills, or be more successful in your game style.

I know Hitech is doing everything he can to make the new version better and fun to play. I really hope they can achieve a successful marketing plan that will attract new players once the new version is out. Like I've said before, WT and IL-2 have already created a huge market for WW2 fighters. Now all Hitech has to do is steal them and get them hooked on a much better overall game. I know it sounds crazy, but if you can market on a channel like Comedy Central or adult swin, or channels that come standard with cheap cable, we can attract a lot of new players. I hope the game can attract a lot of new players again. You wouldn't believe what this game is like with 600+ people on. I feel we will get there, but there has got to be a marketing campaign.

Please please Hitech, let dolby, or another great video maker create a commercial for you to splurge all over TV. 1 badarse commercial on a channel viewed by millions of people will have a lot of new people checking out the game. Offer a 1 month free promotion and BOOM, I know the #s would increase.

Great work so far though, I am glad you are making the game better and I cant wait to play it.   :salute
The Damned(est. 1988)
-=Army of Muppets=-
2014 & 2018 KoTH ToC Champion