Author Topic: Yo you going to let this game die or what?  (Read 9161 times)

Offline waystin2

• Plutonium Member
Re: Yo you going to let this game die or what?
« Reply #15 on: September 16, 2015, 10:48:39 AM »
See Rule #6
« Last Edit: September 16, 2015, 11:02:00 AM by Skuzzy »
CO for the Pigs On The Wing
& The nicest guy in Aces High!

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #16 on: September 16, 2015, 01:41:07 PM »
WoW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Waystin got rule#....... :O

bustr - POTW 1st Wing

This is like the old joke that voters are harsher to their beer brewer if he has an outage, than their politicians after raising their taxes. Death and taxes are certain but, fun and sex is only now.

Offline pipz

• Platinum Member
« Reply #17 on: September 16, 2015, 05:18:03 PM »
WoW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Waystin got rule#....... :O

Well done old bean!  :old:
Silence tells me secretly everything.

Montreal! Free the Pitt Bulls!!!!!

Offline waystin2

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #18 on: September 16, 2015, 05:59:35 PM »
Well done old bean!  :old:

Had a rocking migraine today, may not have been my normal self.  :frown:  :D
CO for the Pigs On The Wing
& The nicest guy in Aces High!

Offline HawkerMKII

• Silver Member
« Reply #19 on: September 16, 2015, 07:52:27 PM »
Sorry to butt in.... downloaded the alpha... surprised to find my system will run it. I feel like the kid commenting on the Emperor's New Clothes.... I like the current look better. The canopy scratches are cool but I find the cartoon scale has risen...not fallen. Sorry again.

Busher :salute bud...hope to see ya back on someday.... :cheers:

Hawk
8th of November 1965, 173RD Airborne <S>

Offline molybdenum

• Nickel Member
« Reply #20 on: September 16, 2015, 08:25:25 PM »
If there isn't any action, roll off a CV next to a base and bomb the hell out of it.

Totally uncool to the people on the team who drove the CV there so they could take a base. How hard is it to fly a sector to find a fight vs half a sector?

Offline JimmyC

• Platinum Member
« Reply #21 on: September 17, 2015, 03:35:03 AM »

looks a bit different..
CO 71 "Eagle" Squadron RAF
"I'd rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy."

Offline Bruv119

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://www.thefewsquadron.co.uk
« Reply #22 on: September 17, 2015, 04:16:50 AM »
nice pics jimmy  but turn the pitch indicator off!   :D
The Few ***
F.P.H

Offline DmonSlyr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #23 on: September 17, 2015, 06:23:33 AM »
Totally uncool to the people on the team who drove the CV there so they could take a base. How hard is it to fly a sector to find a fight vs half a sector?

Lol like they really drove it there to take a base. 95% of time the CV sits off shore waiting to be sunk while no one even bothers to roll from it or guard it. In low # times it doesn't matter that much anyway.
The Damned(est. 1988)
-=Army of Muppets=-
2014 & 2018 KoTH ToC Champion

Offline DubiousKB

• Silver Member
« Reply #24 on: September 17, 2015, 10:20:53 AM »
Public Relation Public Relations Public Relations. If you advertise, they will come. Bite the bullet and place those advertisements on multiple platforms. Cable TV, Netflix, Youtube, Popular WWII websites, etc.

Give out 1 month subscriptions in magazines! I dunno.     

I realize it's not my business nor my money, but I would like to think that the reward of an influx in customers would be worth the risk.

Love the idea of putting an ad on late night cable; Adult Swim/Cartoon Network type of channels would be your demographic. hardcore youth gamers who've started to grow up... but not too much!  :devil

Gamers who are starting to get disposable income, those that are owning their first credit card, those gamers that played flight simulators as they were in their infancy and simply don't realize there is this amazing game and community.

It was by pure dumb luck that I found this game... I was looking for a flight simulator (actually trying to find the old Secret Weapons Of The Luftwaffe!) when I happen-chance stumbled onto Aces High. Point is, if a gamer doesn't know about your game, game over.

P.S.
HTC and co. ignore me and finish up the amazing looking AH3 please... Then we can worry about growing the player base off of that polished gem...

56th Fighter Group -  Jug Life

Offline morfiend

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #25 on: September 17, 2015, 11:33:47 AM »
Maybe I'm not the right person to comment but I dont think TV ads will do much unless you have lots on money to flood the airwaves with multiple commercials,sort of like those free to play games..... :rolleyes:

I watch a fair amount of TV,but I seldom see commercials as I record/PVR most the shows and skip the ads whenever possible. I also watch several commercial free or low ad content channels simply because I hate being interupted with some TV ad.

I dont think I'm that far from what most do so TV ads IMHO are not the best value these days. 10 or 15 years ago I would have been on the bandwagon with pushing for TV ads but not so much today.

Social media,whatever that is, seems to be the wave of the future,a rat farts in india and it's all over the net,complete with video and commentary.

I like to wear my AH Tshirt when I go out were there's going to be a crowd and often people stop me and ask what my shirt all about. I think a buddy pass type system plus a free trial would do wonders.

Players could convince a friend to try the game then tell them if they like it all they need do is sign up for the 2 week free trial,which IMHO should be increased to a month or 30 days whichever comes first.

Then the rest lays at the feet of the players,if you are helpfull and treat others the way you would want to be treated we just might see those 5 to 600 player nights again!

As usual YMMV.

:salute

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #26 on: September 17, 2015, 01:17:52 PM »
You gents really need to get the alpha and take part in the Eruo arena massive missions. Then catch on to the timing I suspect Hitech is planning. He cannot saturate the system with advertisements while there is really nothing to show up for.

The alpha at this point is WoW!!!!!!

But it is too soon for any kind of add blitz. People will just get bored waiting for the real deal to get released while we are doing our best to help Hitech work out the kinks.

If any of you have problems with the default graphics settings, turn of clutter, post lighting and put the environment slider to "0". The alpha will still look incredibly better than AH2 and you will be able to play with the massive cloud banks over the continent.

Hitech made a tweek with alpha75 that made it possible for me to leave the defaults on(I still disable clutter) and keep FPS 40-50's while flying around 60 bombers. The day before with alpha74 my FPS was 2-7 just coming into icon range with those bombers and I had to turn off all the things I listed above. So Hitech is still purpose tweeking the monster to be friendly with us.

The alpha needs bodies testing it to help Hitech get it tweeked and ready for prime time.
bustr - POTW 1st Wing

This is like the old joke that voters are harsher to their beer brewer if he has an outage, than their politicians after raising their taxes. Death and taxes are certain but, fun and sex is only now.

Offline xbrit

• Silver Member
« Reply #27 on: September 17, 2015, 03:20:59 PM »
You gents really need to get the alpha and take part in the Eruo arena massive missions. Then catch on to the timing I suspect Hitech is planning. He cannot saturate the system with advertisements while there is really nothing to show up for.

The alpha at this point is WoW!!!!!!

But it is too soon for any kind of add blitz. People will just get bored waiting for the real deal to get released while we are doing our best to help Hitech work out the kinks.

If any of you have problems with the default graphics settings, turn of clutter, post lighting and put the environment slider to "0". The alpha will still look incredibly better than AH2 and you will be able to play with the massive cloud banks over the continent.

Hitech made a tweek with alpha75 that made it possible for me to leave the defaults on(I still disable clutter) and keep FPS 40-50's while flying around 60 bombers. The day before with alpha74 my FPS was 2-7 just coming into icon range with those bombers and I had to turn off all the things I listed above. So Hitech is still purpose tweeking the monster to be friendly with us.

The alpha needs bodies testing it to help Hitech get it tweeked and ready for prime time.
I am trying the alpha again, maybe it's my settings but it looks like a kids coloring book for me. I have no problem with FR getting between 50-60 with everything on. All the colors just seem over done, if I look outside in RL the grass isn't a lime color, I have turned down the brightness but still get these strange colors.
This is what turned me off trying the alpha the first time and I deleted it.

Offline BuckShot

• Silver Member
« Reply #28 on: September 17, 2015, 03:46:54 PM »
It still has angular windows where they should be round! Is it that hard to make a perfectly round window in the 17 turret, or round edges in the 38 cockpit? The gunsights are round.
Game handle: HellBuck

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #29 on: September 17, 2015, 03:47:57 PM »
If this alpha is a good indication of the 'new' AH, I will be out here the day it goes live (at the latest.).
But considering the gameplay issues we currently have  (mostly: numbers & map size & HQ) I very well might not even see that day. Though I'd like to make it to my personal 10 years AH jubilee ;)

Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman