Author Topic: Yo you going to let this game die or what?  (Read 9160 times)

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
Re: Yo you going to let this game die or what?
« Reply #30 on: September 17, 2015, 04:27:58 PM »
It still has angular windows where they should be round! Is it that hard to make a perfectly round window in the 17 turret, or round edges in the 38 cockpit? The gunsights are round.

Dang, somebody finally noticed. They better be round, I made them that way. But, then they are only an 8bit 512x512 graphic displayed in a window with in a window. So yes you can get ROUND alright.

I suspect you can have round windows about the time DCS, WT and IL2 can get 600 players into a single arena of 400 sectors each 625sq miles without all the players needing to run super god Godzilla class PC and graphics cards. Games that can have round whatchamacallits can't have more than about 32 players active in an arena with the arena not being more than about 10mile x 10mile or some such limitation. Or just you alone with a few AI.

Let me guess, you have a PC in the same class as Pudgie and Chalenge while not giving a ratz hairy bits if Hitech can still get players with legacy PC into the AH3 arenas. Which would end up with you and about 31 other players in the MA if that. This is like purse slapping the chef at the Ritz because your steak was one degree F off of medium rare.

If you want something to really bip Hitech over, the gunsight in the new Hurri model, should have been in the spit1 and Hurri1 since the day they were released 14 years ago.
bustr - POTW 1st Wing

This is like the old joke that voters are harsher to their beer brewer if he has an outage, than their politicians after raising their taxes. Death and taxes are certain but, fun and sex is only now.

Offline Zoney

• Platinum Member
« Reply #31 on: September 17, 2015, 04:31:07 PM »
I don't think Bustr likes his attitude.
Wag more, bark less.

Offline xbrit

• Silver Member
« Reply #32 on: September 17, 2015, 04:43:02 PM »
Here are some screenshots I just took, maybe someone could suggest how to improve the looks for me.

« Last Edit: September 17, 2015, 04:46:11 PM by xbrit »

Offline save

• Gold Member
« Reply #33 on: September 17, 2015, 06:30:48 PM »
xbrit, you can probably lower the saturation quite a bit with your graphics card settings
My ammo last for 6 Lancasters, or one Yak3.
"And the Yak 3 ,aka the "flying Yamato"..."
-Caldera

Offline caldera

• Platinum Member
« Reply #34 on: September 17, 2015, 06:39:29 PM »
Here are some screenshots I just took, maybe someone could suggest how to improve the looks for me.

You could try taking pictures from a nicer looking plane.   :D
"Then out spake brave Horatius, the Captain of the gate:
 To every man upon this earth, death cometh soon or late.
 And how can man die better, than facing fearful odds.
 For the ashes of his fathers and the temples of his Gods."

Offline Busher

• Gold Member
« Reply #35 on: September 17, 2015, 07:07:15 PM »
nice pics jimmy  but turn the pitch indicator off!   :D

But why? Didn't all WW2 fighters have holographic HUD's?
Being male, an accident of birth. Being a man, a matter of age. Being a gentleman, a matter of choice.

Offline Busher

• Gold Member
« Reply #36 on: September 17, 2015, 07:09:13 PM »
Busher :salute bud...hope to see ya back on someday.... :cheers:

Hawk

Hiya Hawk  :salute. We'll see when the snow flies.
Being male, an accident of birth. Being a man, a matter of age. Being a gentleman, a matter of choice.

Offline Bruv119

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://www.thefewsquadron.co.uk
« Reply #37 on: September 18, 2015, 12:51:59 AM »
I am trying the alpha again, maybe it's my settings but it looks like a kids coloring book for me. I have no problem with FR getting between 50-60 with everything on. All the colors just seem over done, if I look outside in RL the grass isn't a lime color, I have turned down the brightness but still get these strange colors.
This is what turned me off trying the alpha the first time and I deleted it.

turn off post lightning if it has that much of an effect.  TBH I kind of agree that setting is a little OTT. 

I saw your latest reply and I think the new grass looks fine.  If anything the current version looks dull now that I am used to this one.  :P

If anything the new terrain representation isn't as bright as those real world pics. 
« Last Edit: September 18, 2015, 01:14:32 AM by Bruv119 »
The Few ***
F.P.H

Offline Bruv119

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #38 on: September 18, 2015, 12:55:39 AM »
If this alpha is a good indication of the 'new' AH, I will be out here the day it goes live (at the latest.).
But considering the gameplay issues we currently have  (mostly: numbers & map size & HQ) I very well might not even see that day. Though I'd like to make it to my personal 10 years AH jubilee ;)

in what sense Lusche ??   the AI?  I highly doubt HT will put them in the MA they are just a good training tool for the more empty arenas.  So you will have the same game as AH2 with every graphic detail upgraded?  what is not to like about that? 

If one was being obtuse you could argue they provide more of a challenge than 90% of the human players in the MA  (no offence guys  :P)
The Few ***
F.P.H

Offline lefty2

• Persona Non Grata
  • Copper Member
« Reply #39 on: September 18, 2015, 01:00:28 AM »
None of this other stuff matters. Nobody likes to hangout at a dead party with nobody there. No players, no money honey, no money GAME OVER

you need more players, get some before you figure out its to late!

Offline Bruv119

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #40 on: September 18, 2015, 01:01:19 AM »
But why? Didn't all WW2 fighters have holographic HUD's?

it can be turned on or off,  I'm ok with any "features"  that we the player can be in control of, so it is nothing to be complaining about.

If a squeaky noob pilot finds it useful to know when they are going up and by how much then good for them if it helps them learn a bit easier. 
The Few ***
F.P.H

Offline Bruv119

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #41 on: September 18, 2015, 01:04:11 AM »
You could try taking pictures from a nicer looking plane.   :D

it is posts like this that are ruining the game.   
The Few ***
F.P.H

Offline Bruv119

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #42 on: September 18, 2015, 01:28:19 AM »
None of this other stuff matters. Nobody likes to hangout at a dead party with nobody there. No players, no money honey, no money GAME OVER

you need more players, get some before you figure out its to late!

Hi Lefty, 

You have a point but maybe HTC came to this conclusion over 2 years ago when they decided to lock waffle up in the basement and begin a new development cycle to upgrade the game entirely.  These things do not happen overnight and you have to believe and trust in HTC that when they release this version they will back it up with some sort of marketing push to grab and keep some more players.   It makes far more sense to do that once you have a completed product than go half cocked running around saying the sky is falling.   
The Few ***
F.P.H

Offline NatCigg

• Gold Member
« Reply #43 on: September 18, 2015, 03:44:38 AM »
 :bhead 32 player max with constant lag haks and wait times. sure you go have your fun elsewhere.  :ahand  in fact your desire for someone else to do more work will still be there in the end.  get a nap and try again tomorrow.

p.s.  :neener: fly bish kill knights!

dweebs!  :banana:

Offline BuckShot

• Silver Member
« Reply #44 on: September 18, 2015, 05:51:23 AM »
Dang, somebody finally noticed. They better be round, I made them that way. But, then they are only an 8bit 512x512 graphic displayed in a window with in a window. So yes you can get ROUND alright.

I suspect you can have round windows about the time DCS, WT and IL2 can get 600 players into a single arena of 400 sectors each 625sq miles without all the players needing to run super god Godzilla class PC and graphics cards. Games that can have round whatchamacallits can't have more than about 32 players active in an arena with the arena not being more than about 10mile x 10mile or some such limitation. Or just you alone with a few AI.

Let me guess, you have a PC in the same class as Pudgie and Chalenge while not giving a ratz hairy bits if Hitech can still get players with legacy PC into the AH3 arenas. Which would end up with you and about 31 other players in the MA if that. This is like purse slapping the chef at the Ritz because your steak was one degree F off of medium rare.

If you want something to really bip Hitech over, the gunsight in the new Hurri model, should have been in the spit1 and Hurri1 since the day they were released 14 years ago.

I have a mid grade pc and the above assumptions are incorrect. I just don't understand why we have angular 'curves' in some places like windows, and perfectly round items in others.
Game handle: HellBuck