Author Topic: Perk Point Awards for 2015!  (Read 2182 times)

Offline Nefarious

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
Perk Point Awards for 2015!
« on: October 01, 2015, 07:54:23 PM »
We will be awarding Perk Points for the top 3 Pilots or Squads in the following categories...

OVERALL, ALLIED, AND AXIS PILOT POINTS
OVERALL, ALLIED, AND AXIS PILOT KILLS
OVERALL ALLIED SQUAD KILLS
OVERALL ALLIED SQUAD POINTS
OVERALL AXIS SQUAD KILLS
OVERALL AXIS SQUAD POINTS
OVERALL PILOT KILLS TO DEATHS
OVERALL SQUAD KILLS TO DEATHS
OVERALL BEST LANDED SORTIE

Pilot awards will be 1,000 Perks for First, 500 for Second and 250 for Third.

Squad Awards will be awarded by player - 100 Perks per pilot for First, 50 for Second and 25 for third.

Good luck to all tomorrow and the final challenge in November!

There must also be a flyable computer available for Nefarious to do FSO. So he doesn't keep talking about it for eight and a half hours on Friday night!

Offline Devil 505

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
Re: Perk Point Awards for 2015!
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2015, 01:00:48 AM »
Would it be possible for next year's series to include a metric for balancing squads based on size? I hate seeing mega squads win awards based on little more than having more people and thus more kills. Even a simple average of kills/pilots would be more fair to the smaller squads that participate.
Kommando Nowotny

FlyKommando.com

Offline Swoop

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2015, 04:55:12 AM »
We have been discussing that exact issue Devil505.  There are plans afoot to balance out scoring but we're not decided on the exact method as yet.  Whatever we settle on will be implemented next season.

Offline Cheyenn

• Zinc Member
      • virtual 97th Bomb Group (H)
« Reply #3 on: October 03, 2015, 04:59:07 AM »
May post in the wrong area, sorry
« Last Edit: October 03, 2015, 05:00:51 AM by Cheyenn »
v97th Bomb Group (Heavy)

"VENIT HORA"
"THE HOUR HAS COME"

Offline Nefarious

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #4 on: October 03, 2015, 10:51:07 AM »
We have been discussing that exact issue Devil505.  There are plans afoot to balance out scoring but we're not decided on the exact method as yet.  Whatever we settle on will be implemented next season.

Exactly. We're looking at the best option for that and other issues like side balancing.
There must also be a flyable computer available for Nefarious to do FSO. So he doesn't keep talking about it for eight and a half hours on Friday night!

Offline Devil 505

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #5 on: October 03, 2015, 11:19:55 AM »
Excellent. Keep up the good work, Nef and company.  :cheers:
Kommando Nowotny

FlyKommando.com

Offline DmonSlyr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #6 on: October 03, 2015, 11:37:41 AM »
We will be awarding Perk Points for the top 3 Pilots or Squads in the following categories...

OVERALL, ALLIED, AND AXIS PILOT POINTS
OVERALL, ALLIED, AND AXIS PILOT KILLS
OVERALL ALLIED SQUAD KILLS
OVERALL ALLIED SQUAD POINTS
OVERALL AXIS SQUAD KILLS
OVERALL AXIS SQUAD POINTS
OVERALL PILOT KILLS TO DEATHS
OVERALL SQUAD KILLS TO DEATHS
OVERALL BEST LANDED SORTIE

Pilot awards will be 1,000 Perks for First, 500 for Second and 250 for Third.

Squad Awards will be awarded by player - 100 Perks per pilot for First, 50 for Second and 25 for third.

Good luck to all tomorrow and the final challenge in November!

Where will post the results of the points and K/D per pilot K/S per pilot and all that? Ive seen the logs, but not sure how the rest works.

BTW, I had a blast, was a lot of fun!
The Damned(est. 1988)
-=Army of Muppets=-
2014 & 2018 KoTH ToC Champion

Offline Shrike

• Copper Member
      • Arabian Knights Official Web Page
« Reply #7 on: October 04, 2015, 11:25:51 AM »
Quote from: DmonSlyr

It was a blast!  The allied side was outnumbered by 10 for much of the night but the 10 AK's and 1 guest were up for the challenge by sticking around and slugging it out with the Axis for the full 2 hours.  I'm very proud of our squad and their performance Friday night.
« Last Edit: October 04, 2015, 11:47:00 AM by Shrike »
AKShrike - CO Arabian Knights
USA!!!
http://aksquad.net/
USAF 85-95

Offline RSLQK186

• Silver Member
« Reply #8 on: October 04, 2015, 04:27:53 PM »

Where will post the results of the points and K/D per pilot K/S per pilot and all that? Ive seen the logs, but not sure how the rest works.

http://www.ahevents.org/events/combat-challenge-series.html
Hacksaw- THE UNFORGIVEN
Founder- Special events contingent
"I'm very very sneaky"

Offline Swoop

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #9 on: October 05, 2015, 03:47:10 AM »

Offline Devil 505

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #10 on: October 05, 2015, 07:03:29 PM »
It was a blast!  The allied side was outnumbered by 10 for much of the night but the 10 AK's and 1 guest were up for the challenge by sticking around and slugging it out with the Axis for the full 2 hours.  I'm very proud of our squad and their performance Friday night.

The allies outnumbered for the first hour, but the balance shifted with the LA-5 coming into play. And if you think -10 for an hour is tough, you should fly Axis more often. We look at being -10 as an advantage!  :devil
Kommando Nowotny

FlyKommando.com

Offline Devil 505

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #11 on: October 05, 2015, 07:22:20 PM »
I was discussing the squad kill imbalance issue over PM with a member of another squad. Here's the data I gathered from Friday's event.

I'll list the squad name then the total kills then the average kills per pilot which will simply be the total squad kills divided by the number of pilots.

AK's - 116 - 11 - 10.5
AntiHorde (Allied) - 30 - 3 - 10.0
AntiHorde (Axis) - 25 - 4 - 6.25 (event average for AntiHorde: 55K/7P= 7.85)
LTG - 21 - 3 - 7.0
Unforgiven - 90 - 13 - 6.9
9Giap - 35 - 6 - 5.8
116th PurpleHearts - 64 - 13 - 4.9
Jg11 - 43 - 10 - 4.3

So that's all the Top Squads according to the logs with LTG and AntiHorde added into the mix. I can't see any metric that would suggest that the Arabian Knights were anything but totally dominant on Friday. Also, on the Allied side, the top squads also reflect the better kills-per-pilot average as well. On the other hand, the Axis Top Squads list would be drastically different with a kills-per-pilot metric.

You go from this:

~~~THE UNFORGIVEN~~~: 90
162ndFG\"Purple*Hearts\": 64
III./JG11 Sonder Black Hearts: 43

To this:
Lachender Teufelskopf Gruppe: 7.0 K/P
~~~THE UNFORGIVEN~~~: 6.9 K/P
Anti-Horde: 6.25 K/P

It's this kind of disparity that I was highlighting. We all work hard for our kills, but it would be better that those who actually perform better to be recognized.

:salute
Kommando Nowotny

FlyKommando.com

Offline Nefarious

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #12 on: October 05, 2015, 08:39:25 PM »
It's this kind of disparity that I was highlighting. We all work hard for our kills, but it would be better that those who actually perform better to be recognized.

Yeah, I think we can iron this out and make it a competition for all squads no matter what size, just have to make sure we take all things into consideration.

Offline Devil 505

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #13 on: October 05, 2015, 08:54:08 PM »
Yeah, I think we can iron this out and make it a competition for all squads no matter what size, just have to make sure we take all things into consideration.

Exactly. There are a few more variables that would help to make the picture clearer when factored in, but they would require a ton of work to tally, such as average time in flight per pilot(or participation time of pilot, to balance out suicidal flying and not encourage it).

Kommando Nowotny

FlyKommando.com

Offline Nefarious

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #14 on: October 05, 2015, 08:56:03 PM »
Exactly. There are a few more variables that would help to make the picture clearer when factored in, but they would require a ton of work to tally, such as average time in flight per pilot(or participation time of pilot, to balance out suicidal flying and not encourage it).

Swoops software can do some pretty crazy stuff,  we'll see what he can crank out.