Author Topic: Wish - NPC Squadron Assignment  (Read 1137 times)

Offline MrKrabs

• Gold Member
      • AH-Freebirds.com
Wish - NPC Squadron Assignment
« on: October 07, 2015, 10:27:57 PM »
Yes as the title requests...

As I was working on something for the SEA arena. A thought came across my mind about the logs and how AI would show IF they applied...

Could NPC's be assigned to a proxy squadron so that they all get dumped under one squad name all neat'n'tidy? Why? Since many folks that fly in Snapshots or other walk-on events don't fly in uniform and they could get lost in the gaggle of NPC's since they would be part of NO SQUAD ZZZ.
The boiling pot is put away and the crab has gone back to sea...

Offline Devil 505

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
Re: Wish - NPC Squadron Assignment
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2015, 01:35:56 PM »
Or simply have a separate list for NPC's in the logs to keep them separate.

But I like idea though, especially if the squad names are humorous. "Dale's Drones" "Larry's Lemmings" or "The Last Resort"
Kommando Nowotny

FlyKommando.com

Offline hitech

• Administrator
  • Administrator
      • http://www.hitechcreations.com
« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2015, 02:05:52 PM »
Yes as the title requests...

As I was working on something for the SEA arena. A thought came across my mind about the logs and how AI would show IF they applied...

Could NPC's be assigned to a proxy squadron so that they all get dumped under one squad name all neat'n'tidy? Why? Since many folks that fly in Snapshots or other walk-on events don't fly in uniform and they could get lost in the gaggle of NPC's since they would be part of NO SQUAD ZZZ.

You can already do this by assigning players where you wish as a cm.

HiTech

Offline MrKrabs

• Gold Member
      • AH-Freebirds.com
« Reply #3 on: October 09, 2015, 02:46:23 PM »
You can already do this by assigning players where you wish as a cm.

HiTech

:headscratch: as a squadron title/uniform? Not as the squadron flight or position assignment in the mission.

Guess if I also asked this too... Would the NPC's fall under ZZZ NO SQUAD as expected?

Offline hitech

• Administrator
  • Administrator
« Reply #4 on: October 09, 2015, 02:53:32 PM »
I must be missing what you are asking for.
Can you phrase it differently?

HiTech

Offline MrKrabs

• Gold Member
      • AH-Freebirds.com
« Reply #5 on: October 09, 2015, 02:57:39 PM »
I must be missing what you are asking for.
Can you phrase it differently?

HiTech

As requested...

The wish is... To be able to assign NPCs "The AIs" to a uniform or be labled under a different squadron name or group other than ZZZ NO SQUAD to prevent the mixing of actual players and AIs.

As it stands right now from my understanding is that AI's would show up in the logs the same as actual players do. And if this is true then would it pose a problem if AI's were grouped together with unsigned users that can found in events like Snapshots?

Offline hitech

• Administrator
  • Administrator
« Reply #6 on: October 09, 2015, 03:08:02 PM »
Just check that you understand AI's don't show up until in flight, and can not "Unassigned".

HiTech

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #7 on: October 09, 2015, 03:17:02 PM »
Crabby,

It's a bite to have to slow down and communicate in long hand with everyone. It works better because very few people will ever have your frame of reference when you short hand out your mental picture. Some of them won't be as polite as Hitech and simply insult you by wanting to know why you want them to be mind readers.
bustr - POTW 1st Wing

This is like the old joke that voters are harsher to their beer brewer if he has an outage, than their politicians after raising their taxes. Death and taxes are certain but, fun and sex is only now.

Offline MrKrabs

• Gold Member
      • AH-Freebirds.com
« Reply #8 on: October 09, 2015, 03:47:46 PM »
Crabby,

It's a bite to have to slow down and communicate in long hand with everyone. It works better because very few people will ever have your frame of reference when you short hand out your mental picture. Some of them won't be as polite as Hitech and simply insult you by wanting to know why you want them to be mind readers.

I blame the lack of butter  :old:

Offline 715

• Silver Member
« Reply #9 on: October 09, 2015, 03:51:05 PM »
Another way to approach this is to ask if AI planes will show up in the logs; i.e. 715B shot down by AI_13.  He's worried that the logs will get clogged up with imaginary players (AI) and he just wants them segregated under a different heading in the log printouts.  Currently the log reports are organized by Squad with real people players that don't have a squad showing up under ZZZ_NO_SQUAD.  He's just asking can the AI show up in the logs not under ZZZ_NO_SQUAD but something else, say AI_SQUAD.

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #10 on: October 09, 2015, 04:02:15 PM »
Crabby,

Take tech writing lessons from 715.
bustr - POTW 1st Wing

This is like the old joke that voters are harsher to their beer brewer if he has an outage, than their politicians after raising their taxes. Death and taxes are certain but, fun and sex is only now.

Offline hitech

• Administrator
  • Administrator
« Reply #11 on: October 09, 2015, 04:06:00 PM »
Another way to approach this is to ask if AI planes will show up in the logs; i.e. 715B shot down by AI_13.  He's worried that the logs will get clogged up with imaginary players (AI) and he just wants them segregated under a different heading in the log printouts.  Currently the log reports are organized by Squad with real people players that don't have a squad showing up under ZZZ_NO_SQUAD.  He's just asking can the AI show up in the logs not under ZZZ_NO_SQUAD but something else, say AI_SQUAD.

No problem all AI can be assigned to a single squad.

P.S.
715 I am anxious to find out if this version fixed you.

HiTech

Offline 715

• Silver Member
« Reply #12 on: October 09, 2015, 05:06:41 PM »
P.S.
715 I am anxious to find out if this version fixed you.

HiTech

Yes!!  I can now drive around in corn fields all day long with no CTD.

But what's weirder is I can now drive around and fly around in Euro2015 all day long with no CTDs as well.

(I hope you aren't reducing LOD distances or in any other way dumbing down on my account.  That would be a tragedy.   I gotta have my eye candy fix and if my current computer/OS can't handle it, I'll just buy a new one. ;) )

Offline hitech

• Administrator
  • Administrator
« Reply #13 on: October 09, 2015, 05:12:38 PM »
Yes!!  I can now drive around in corn fields all day long with no CTD.

But what's weirder is I can now drive around and fly around in Euro2015 all day long with no CTDs as well.

(I hope you aren't reducing LOD distances or in any other way dumbing down on my account.  That would be a tragedy.   I gotta have my eye candy fix and if my current computer/OS can't handle it, I'll just buy a new one. ;) )

It was a bug, if a clutter didn't have an LOD, then it would make a draw call with negative number of triangles. For some reason this broke your drivers, but not everyone else. Your telling about the corn, gave us a place to look for a difference between clutter types and then where to start looking in the code.

HiTech

Offline MrKrabs

• Gold Member
      • AH-Freebirds.com
« Reply #14 on: October 09, 2015, 05:29:10 PM »
Crabby,

Take tech writing lessons from 715.

I blame the lack of butter  :old:

:old: