Author Topic: "RAZOR" game booster  (Read 1474 times)

Offline TequilaChaser

• AH Training Corps - Retired
  • Plutonium Member
      • The Damned - founded by Ptero in 1988
Re: "RAZOR" game booster
« Reply #15 on: October 11, 2015, 12:18:39 PM »
Yep black viper does offer alot of verified suggestions (and I completely forgot about those scripts he offers for each different type of OS)

Thanks for posting semp, and for reminding me too  :aok

also, as Bino included in his first post, the help link of Skuzzy's

TC
"When one considers just what they should say to a new pilot who is logging in Aces High, the mind becomes confused in the complex maze of info it is necessary for the new player to know. All of it is important; most of it vital; and all of it just too much for one brain to absorb in 1-2 lessons" TC

Offline Masherbrum

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #16 on: October 11, 2015, 02:12:37 PM »
No, I meant myself asking out of topic questions. Thanks for the information.

Looks like a batch file or manually shutting down unnecessary services is still the safest way to go.

Salute Biz
-=Most Wanted=-

FSO Squad 412th FNVG
http://worldfamousfridaynighters.com/
Co-Founder of DFC

Offline Ratsy

• Nickel Member
« Reply #17 on: October 11, 2015, 04:39:41 PM »
While I freely acknowledge the... antiquity... of the batch file, it just seemed like the simplest way to automate shutting down a collection of services & processes.

:salute

You only left out the phrases "most effective" and "sure".  Why use a cannon when an icepick will do the job?

:aok
George "Ratsy" Preddy
328th FS - 352nd FG
Died December 25th, 1944, Near Liege - Ardennes

Operating with the Arabian Knights - callsign AKRaider

Offline Bizman

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #18 on: October 12, 2015, 02:54:42 AM »
You only left out the phrases "most effective" and "sure".  Why use a cannon when an icepick will do the job?

:aok
I don't understand the cannon vs. icepic in this case. If your 'icepic' is a game booster app, the method it uses for shutting down services is most likely that it creates a batch file behind the shiny graphical user interface. There's not too many commands for shutting down Windows services. For a less techie minded player a list with check boxes is easier to use than creating a batch file, but it's the same cannon nevertheless.
Quote from: BaldEagl, applies to myself, too
I've got an older system by today's standards that still runs the game well by my standards.

Kotisivuni

Offline Warmongo

• Copper Member
« Reply #19 on: October 16, 2015, 01:17:33 PM »
I use Wise Game Booster and works very well with Win 10. If you shut down Cortana it will ask you to relog.