Author Topic: what is going on with the game  (Read 5224 times)

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
Re: what is going on with the game
« Reply #15 on: November 13, 2015, 04:23:19 PM »
When you lose half your subscribers its your fault. who else would it be?

Mine.
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline SIK1

• AH Training Corps
  • Gold Member
« Reply #16 on: November 13, 2015, 04:27:48 PM »
Wow piss and moan much?

Why yes. Yes he does.
444th Air Mafia since Air Warrior
Proudly flying with VF-17

"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG54

Offline Wiley

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #17 on: November 13, 2015, 04:30:00 PM »

Mine.

Dammit, Snail!  Fix it.

Wiley.
If you think you are having a 1v1 in the Main Arena, your SA has failed you.

JG11

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 13, 2015, 04:51:22 PM »
Dammit, Snail!  Fix it.

Working on that  :aok
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
« Reply #19 on: November 13, 2015, 07:15:48 PM »

Let me guess, you probably think the Intertardnet is just a series of tubes.  If the problem is at a hop prior to reaching HTC servers, how is it HTC's fault?
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song

Offline JimmyD3

• Gold Member
« Reply #20 on: November 13, 2015, 07:26:23 PM »
Kenai77
CO Sic Puppies MWK
USAF 1971-76

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #21 on: November 13, 2015, 08:46:47 PM »

Could be the economy.

A lot goes into "keeping" players interested in a game. With so many options vying for the slim "entertainment dollars" There is a lot more to it than saying HTC is falling down on the job.

It seems to me that all you do is complain about what is missing, skins, maps, people. Is it possible you have a problem?

Offline Scca

• Gold Member
« Reply #22 on: November 13, 2015, 09:35:42 PM »
Let me guess, you probably think the Intertardnet is just a series of tubes.  If the problem is at a hop prior to reaching HTC servers, how is it HTC's fault?
Its the Internet. Outrage is required.
Flying as AkMeathd - CO Arabian Knights
Working on my bbs cred one post at a time

http://www.arabian-knights.org

Offline Naughty

• Copper Member
« Reply #23 on: November 13, 2015, 09:52:21 PM »
We cannot control the Internet.  Still tracing data, but it appears the problem happened a few hops away from us.  Should not have impacted everyone.

I Don't believe this is a problem with "the internet", as on Tuesday Only the Knights were booted, and none put back into flight. One of our fields was under heavy attack by the Bishops, who had a CV nearby. I had just rearmed and taken off heading back to the enemy spawn when POOF "lost connection to server". didn't surprise me because the last week this has been a common occurrence. I was able to log right back in without any problem, Sat in tower waiting for the "you will be put back into flight shortly" message.. But it never came. or "you have crashed", The AI bailed" no recorded kill, Nothing. just sitting in the tower like I just logged in normally.

That's when I noticed we still had huge ENEMY dar bars over our field, but not a single KNIGHT was airborne. Observing the chatter on Country channel and 200 confirmed that the mass boot had only affected the Knights, and nobody was put back into flight.

I don't think that a random internet outage would be so selective, and even interfere with programming that detects connection loss and initiates the protocol that puts us back into flight.  :headscratch:
The true warrior has no enemies. Only teachers

Offline Scca

• Gold Member
« Reply #24 on: November 13, 2015, 09:55:22 PM »
We shouldn't have pissed off Skyyr  :evil:
Flying as AkMeathd - CO Arabian Knights
Working on my bbs cred one post at a time

http://www.arabian-knights.org

Offline scott66

• Gold Member
« Reply #25 on: November 13, 2015, 10:23:24 PM »
    I Don't believe this is a problem with "the internet", as on Tuesday Only the Knights were booted, and none put back into flight. One of our fields was under heavy attack by the Bishops, who had a CV nearby. I had just rearmed and taken off heading back to the enemy spawn when POOF "lost connection to server". didn't surprise me because the last week this has been a common occurrence. I was able to log right back in without any problem, Sat in tower waiting for the "you will be put back into flight shortly" message.. But it never came. or "you have crashed", The AI bailed" no recorded kill, Nothing. just sitting in the tower like I just logged in normally.

That's when I noticed we still had huge ENEMY dar bars over our field, but not a single KNIGHT was airborne. Observing the chatter on Country channel and 200 confirmed that the mass boot had only affected the Knights, and nobody was put back into flight.

I don't think that a random internet outage would be so selective, and even interfere with programming that detects connection loss and initiates the protocol that puts us back into flight.  :headscratch:
LMAO just fyi I was there and yes the bishops and rooks were booted I myself was booted that night about 7 times including the incident you are referring to..just not all bishops but I was not put back in flight and took me three times to get back in the game...of course I'm on a laptop using Verizon cell tower in my truck parked in Nebraska at the time so in never to upset even in apart of a mass boot makes me feel like I'm not alone lol
« Last Edit: November 13, 2015, 10:28:50 PM by scott66 »
"scott66"        
 XO ThunderHorse Squadron.    

"This place is a psychologist's wet dream".... FishBait

Offline Oldman731

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #26 on: November 13, 2015, 10:25:39 PM »
We shouldn't have pissed off Skyyr

Heh.  Now we're in for it.

- oldman

Offline rvflyer

• Nickel Member
« Reply #27 on: November 13, 2015, 10:47:51 PM »
I hope this is your attempt at being funny. Or are you really suggesting HTC kicks off a certain country for some reason. That is insane

Tour 70 2005 to present

Offline 8thJinx

• Silver Member
« Reply #28 on: November 13, 2015, 10:54:33 PM »
Here's my ping plot trace:

B-24H Liberator SN 294837-T, "The Jinx", 848th BS, 490th BG, 8th AF, RAF Station Eye, delivered 1943.  Piloted by Lt. Thomas Keyes, named by by his crew, and adorned with bad luck symbols, the aircraft survived the entire war.

Offline Naughty

• Copper Member
« Reply #29 on: November 13, 2015, 11:33:12 PM »
I hope this is your attempt at being funny. Or are you really suggesting HTC kicks off a certain country for some reason. That is insane

No, I'm suggesting that it was a server / program issue. And as for Scott's reply, we must not be talking about the same incident. I looked at the roster during this time and there were about 45 Rooks in flight, I think about 41 Bish in flight. and 23 Knights logged, but only 6 in flight.(including myself)
The true warrior has no enemies. Only teachers