Author Topic: what is going on with the game  (Read 5225 times)

Offline scott66

• Gold Member
Re: what is going on with the game
« Reply #30 on: November 13, 2015, 11:55:01 PM »
No, I'm suggesting that it was a server / program issue. And as for Scott's reply, we must not be talking about the same incident. I looked at the roster during this time and there were about 45 Rooks in flight, I think about 41 Bish in flight. and 23 Knights logged, but only 6 in flight.(including myself)
we had cv parked off of 41 we had 42 but lost it back to bits and about 20 min later the mass boot happened that I was apart of
"scott66"        
 XO ThunderHorse Squadron.    

"This place is a psychologist's wet dream".... FishBait

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
      • HiTech Creations Home Page
« Reply #31 on: November 14, 2015, 06:30:35 AM »
We investigate every mass boot and in the history of HiTech Creations, there has never been an incident where a mass boot impacted only one country.

There have been mass boots caused by conditions which the server was not ready for. 

During HiTech's investigation he discovered the reconnect AI pilot failed due to a condition involving bombers and gunners.  It was not the cause of the mass boot, but it did cause the reconnect AI pilot to fail for everyone, once the bomber pilot tried to reconnect.
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese
support@hitechcreations.com

Offline 8thJinx

• Silver Member
« Reply #32 on: November 14, 2015, 08:33:24 AM »
I'm going to start taking screen shots of both the plotter and the national weather map to make sure, but I'm pretty sure the issue that affects my connectivity the most is severe weather.  Plus the garbage equipment FIOS puts in my home. 

B-24H Liberator SN 294837-T, "The Jinx", 848th BS, 490th BG, 8th AF, RAF Station Eye, delivered 1943.  Piloted by Lt. Thomas Keyes, named by by his crew, and adorned with bad luck symbols, the aircraft survived the entire war.

Offline mia389

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
« Reply #33 on: November 14, 2015, 01:13:38 PM »
I have discoed about 5 times in the last two weeks. When it happens I also cant get into the forums. All other internet sites work.

Offline 715

• Silver Member
« Reply #34 on: November 14, 2015, 06:20:35 PM »
Just an FYI: at about 4PM PST today there was another 'mass' boot ('mass' meaning several people booted at the same time, but certainly not all; when I got back in there were enemy planes over my field that couldn't have gotten there if they had been booted as well).  When I tried to reconnect, the LW arena, and all arenas on the LW server like AvA, were 100% ping lost in AH plot (but not, I think, in PingPlotter).  Other arenas, like EW and MW were up.  When I did connect after the boot, it didn't put me back in flight.  Some time before being booted I had noticed weird delay behavior: I would select something in the hanger or select a new field and it would take many seconds for it to take affect despite there being no peak in the variance plot.

Offline asterix

• Nickel Member
« Reply #35 on: November 15, 2015, 07:30:54 AM »
Just an FYI: at about 4PM PST today there was another 'mass' boot ('mass' meaning several people booted at the same time, but certainly not all; when I got back in there were enemy planes over my field that couldn't have gotten there if they had been booted as well).  When I tried to reconnect, the LW arena, and all arenas on the LW server like AvA, were 100% ping lost in AH plot (but not, I think, in PingPlotter).  Other arenas, like EW and MW were up.  When I did connect after the boot, it didn't put me back in flight.  Some time before being booted I had noticed weird delay behavior: I would select something in the hanger or select a new field and it would take many seconds for it to take affect despite there being no peak in the variance plot.
I think I also experienced the same thing, don`t remember the exact time. Was in flight when the UDP-TCP message appeared. After connection was lost tried to reconnect quickly. Didn`t notice the ping value, but after connecting the online server I was in a tower and all alone. The map was empty and no bases flashing. Also had no message about AI flight crashing etc. Got out of the server and noticed there was "---" instead of a ping number on some servers. Switched off the game, unplugged my modem for a moment, then got back in and everything seemed normal again, but I was in a tower and no message about the AI.
Win 7 Pro 64, AMD Athlon 64 X2 6000+ 3,0 GHz, Asus M2N mobo, refurbished Gigabyte GeForce GTX 960 GV-N960IXOC-2GD 2GB, Corsair XMS2 4x2GB 800MHz DDR2, Seagate BarraCuda 7200.10 ST3160815AS 160GB 7200 RPM HDD, Thermaltake Smart 430W

Offline hitech

• Administrator
  • Administrator
      • http://www.hitechcreations.com
« Reply #36 on: November 15, 2015, 09:05:49 AM »
I searched and found a bug with why the AI is not reconnecting, but that has nothing to do with why the dumps are happening.

It has do do with bomber gunners trying to shoot.

HiTech

Offline Vraciu

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #37 on: November 15, 2015, 10:23:11 AM »
See Rule #14
« Last Edit: November 16, 2015, 06:28:28 AM by Skuzzy »
”KILLER V”
Charter Member of the P-51 Mustang Skin Mafia
King of the Hill Champ, Tour 219
The Damned
King of the Hill Win Percentage - 100 (1 Win, 0 Losses)

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #38 on: November 15, 2015, 02:14:16 PM »
vraciu you may want to rephrase your statement.

semp
you dont want me to ho, dont point your plane at me.

Offline Bong40

• Copper Member
« Reply #39 on: November 15, 2015, 02:25:58 PM »
Just when I thought it was safe to go back in the water!!  :bolt:

Offline Tumor

• Platinum Member
      • Wait For It
« Reply #40 on: November 16, 2015, 12:09:59 PM »
I searched and found a bug with why the AI is not reconnecting, but that has nothing to do with why the dumps are happening.

HiTech

ATTENTION!!: ALL BOMBER GUNNERS ARE TO CEASE AND DESIST ALL THIS SHOOTING NONSENSE!  :x
"Dogfighting is useless"  :Erich Hartmann

Offline 100Coogn

• Gold Member
« Reply #41 on: November 16, 2015, 01:18:05 PM »
ATTENTION!!: ALL BOMBER GUNNERS ARE TO CEASE AND DESIST ALL THIS SHOOTING NONSENSE!  :x

:rofl

Coogan
From Wiley: If you're hitting them after they drop, that's not defense, that is revenge.
Game Id's:
AHIII: Coogan
RDR2: Coogan_Bear
MSFS-2020: Coogan Bear

Offline Ramesis

• Silver Member
« Reply #42 on: November 16, 2015, 03:15:48 PM »
It amazes me that some will jump to the conclusion that HTC
is always at fault and without proof such as pingplotter!
It could be HTC BUT it can also be the ISP or any stop along the way!!
Of course as some convict another without proof, why would the
conviction of HTC be any different?
Osiris

"Would you tell me, please,
 which way I ought to go from here?
 That depends a good deal on where
 you want to get to. Said the cat."
    Charles Lutwidge Dodgson a.k.a. Lewis Carroll

Offline Chilli

• Platinum Member
« Reply #43 on: November 16, 2015, 04:49:39 PM »

HiTech

:rofl  It WAS Snailman's fault!   :rofl :rofl  He wasn't kidding...... :D

Offline lefty2

• Persona Non Grata
  • Copper Member
« Reply #44 on: November 17, 2015, 03:23:41 PM »
In general getting better or getting worse? I know what I hear. Just fix it.