Author Topic: Patch 85  (Read 529 times)

Offline Easyscor

• Plutonium Member
Re: Patch 85
« Reply #15 on: November 16, 2015, 05:18:17 PM »
I launched an LVT4 from TG 31. No wind, Exit While Moving set to 28.
I wasn't able to end flight, it said I was moving. I'd stopped as far as I could tell but I killed the engine and eventually I was able to tower.

Launched without moving and could tower repeatedly but if I moved at all, it took a bit of doing to tower. It's probably not the way you'd intended.
Easy in-game again.
Since Tour 19 - 2001

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #16 on: November 16, 2015, 05:18:46 PM »
VOX works in Mission and Beta arenas. GS4 no sound from VOX. The rest of the arenas crash on startup.

Lighting update is a great improvement.
bustr - POTW 1st Wing

This is like the old joke that voters are harsher to their beer brewer if he has an outage, than their politicians after raising their taxes. Death and taxes are certain but, fun and sex is only now.

Offline Easyscor

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #17 on: November 16, 2015, 05:23:12 PM »
Before I forget, the clipboard was gigantic in the CV hanger. I couldn't reduces it's size. I can't help wishing it was that size in the games splash window instead of the tiny one I keep seeing :D
Easy in-game again.
Since Tour 19 - 2001

Offline Easyscor

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #18 on: November 16, 2015, 05:44:10 PM »
The TE is broken along with the AvA Arena.

Launch the TE and click the show trees check box and the TE crashes.
I was able to 'build' avafinru according to the TE but it crashes in Offline play after loading the terrain. I tried both the newly built version and an old working copy. Same results.
Unsurprisingly, ndisles works offline.

Additionally, my custom object is no longer visible in the TE/terrain.

Thank heavens for backup LOL.
Easy in-game again.
Since Tour 19 - 2001

Offline 715

• Silver Member
« Reply #19 on: November 16, 2015, 06:15:03 PM »
My Patch 85 experience so far:

All large fields on beta3 terrain except A10, A17, and A18 will crash your plane if you spawn SE.

At first VOX would not work at all.  Pressing T with V tuned to myself did not produce a beep nor audio sound.  Restarted the program; same.  Restarted again: now it works (both to myself and to others).

I got lots of hard reboot crashes with this patch, mostly with beta3 terrain.  Once my computer crashed so hard it took the other player online with me ;).  (Yeah, I know, probably just a coincidence.)

I'm going to have to get used to the new harsh lighting.  Some objects, like a shiny plane or the fuel tanks on the field can almost go to whiteout under certain sun conditions.  To my eye the trees look too bright and shiny, especially the ones in the attached screen capture which appear (to me) an unnatural bright yellow.  I'm not sure which tree that is, Western Cedar?  My vote would be to keep the lighting on objects as is (new) but perhaps tone down the foliage a bit. 

I checked the cockpits and external of most of the plane types under a x1000 moving sun.  I saw nothing unusual, but then I'm not sure what I was to look for.

Edit:  I should mention I have Post Lighting disabled (because I prefer to use the graphics card AA).  The lighting is not as harsh with Post Lighting enabled.  I also checked the Pacific terrain and the trees there look OK.  I could not check the European texture set as Eur2015 crashes my machine immediately on terrain load.  So I suspect it's only that one tree (Western Cedar?) that I would say is really over bright (when Post Lighting is off).

« Last Edit: November 16, 2015, 07:06:44 PM by 715 »

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #20 on: November 16, 2015, 07:15:28 PM »
Ran the auto updater from 82 thru 85 one after the other with out issue.

When flying around in a hog my shadows for the trees seem to dance. The trees are solid, but the shadows on everything wiggle around. Tried with Ev mapping on each setting and Anti-alisin on. same on all settings.

Lighting looked good, but lost hit sprites. Maybe a bit too bright.

Offline Chilli

• Platinum Member
« Reply #21 on: November 16, 2015, 07:35:31 PM »
Could not run AvA or Special Events arenas.  Repeatedly got the *.exe has stopped working pop up.

Sometimes encounter strange shaded areas on the mountain sides on the Capture the Flag arena.

Offline Chalenge

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #22 on: November 16, 2015, 08:11:23 PM »
In the Mission Arena vox appears to be working normally.
If you like the Sick Puppy Custom Sound Pack the please consider contributing for future updates by sending a months dues to Hitech Creations for account "Chalenge." Every little bit helps.

Offline 1ijac

• Silver Member
« Reply #23 on: November 16, 2015, 08:22:20 PM »
update download took 20 seconds. 

Entered missions arena, vox worked, I did notice my name remained in upper right corner for about 6 seconds following the end of my transmission. I released transmission key right after talking.  Not sure if this time is intended.

Offline, NDiles loaded fine, but Eur2015 downloaded then got an error.

Lighting looked great on A20 through b-24s.

I did notice something in the B-17 top turret.  The back wall maybe had some color issues.  Screenshot attached

Nice work guys.  It's really looking great!
"One-Eye"

Offline Drano

• Platinum Member
« Reply #24 on: November 16, 2015, 08:47:54 PM »
The game updated normally.

Vox tested in online arenas worked normally.

I joined a mission in progress (F4U vs A6M). Mission acted normally. Of note I had taken the wings off several AI A6Ms but they flew on in tight turns on the deck as if nothing happened to them chasing the AI Corsairs.

As others have noted I couldn't get into the AvA or SEA arenas either. Actually, I could, but as soon as the terrain finished loading I got the acesshighexe crash and exited via the task manager. I was thinking I had a bad terrain file so I deleted it. On trying the AvA again the terrain downloaded and installed but the game crashed again. Other arenas (mission,GS4 and Capture the flag) worked fine.

Note: in offline play when selecting either the avafinru or eur2015 terrains the game crashes. The others (ndisles and beta) load OK.

Lighting of things looks good. I still think the glare from the sun blots out too much of an area of the sky. Down to the horizon and on the ground in early afternoon is a bit much. I have everything turned on at max for testing.

The night sky looks great. However, as I was exiting the GS4 arena there was another player taking off. I watched his plane go down the runway. As soon as he left the ground I couldn't see his plane. Wouldn't know he was there if not for the icon.

The clipboard is still resizing very small on exiting an arena at the arena selection screen.

The clipboard is retaining the lighting from the previous arena. For example coming from the GS4 arena, which was night when I was there, on exiting the clipboard was very dark, near impossible to read.

"Drano"
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

FSO flying with the 412th Friday Night Volunteer Group

Offline JimmyD3

• Gold Member
« Reply #25 on: November 16, 2015, 09:27:42 PM »
Updated Normal Mission vox okay, GS4 no vox, Capture the Flag vox okay.

Like Drano I couldn't get into AvA or SEA as soon as the terrain finished loading I got the acesshighexe crash and exited via the task manager.
Kenai77
CO Sic Puppies MWK
USAF 1971-76

Offline Easyscor

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #26 on: November 16, 2015, 09:34:50 PM »
 :aok

Nice work on the paths! My avafinru.tra file is 12.5K now and I can't wait to see what they look like in-game.

Oh, and that file is going to grow. A LOT.
« Last Edit: November 16, 2015, 09:36:53 PM by Easyscor »
Easy in-game again.
Since Tour 19 - 2001

Offline Shrike

• Copper Member
      • Arabian Knights Official Web Page
« Reply #27 on: November 16, 2015, 10:13:31 PM »
I updated from 84 to 85 in about 20 seconds with no update issues.

VOX tested good in the Mission arena.

The game crashes when I enter the online AVA or online Special AVA arena’s.  See log attachment.

I’ve noticed the clipboard map size is reduced about 25% when I quit an arena.  Sometimes it goes back to normal size but it’s hanging of the bottom screen.  See attachment.
AKShrike - CO Arabian Knights
USA!!!
http://aksquad.net/
USAF 85-95

Offline FLS

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
      • Trainer's Website
« Reply #28 on: November 16, 2015, 10:24:08 PM »
VOX works in the Mission and Capture the Flag arenas, does not work in GS4.
AvA and Special Events both crash. Europe2015 crashes offline.

BB is still slow to load.