Author Topic: My "This game has become junk" rant.  (Read 18241 times)

Offline rpm

• Plutonium Member
My "This game has become junk" rant.
« on: November 18, 2015, 12:00:41 AM »
Honestly I'm sick and tired of participating in the constant gangbang that this game has become. Arena numbers are horrible and unless you want to abandon your squad and jump countries it's a nonstop thrashing. Tonight there wasn't a single fight between Rooks and Knights. The goal apparently was to take all the Bish bases and make gameplay horrible for them. The overnights are even worse. A few milkrunners taking strats down to nothing then deack bases one after the other. The ack stays down for hours. If you try to defend they jump you with numbers. If you try to resupply they just take bases unopposed. Night after night after night.

This stuff used to happen occasionally, now it's the norm. Seriously questioning why I continue to subscribe. The answer is hanging out with my squad because they are a great group, but they're tired of this crap, too. We're all questioning why we continue to feed HTC for junk gameplay. Why doesn't HTC just kill the Bish and make it Rooks v Knights? The way it is now just stinks.

I'm hoping the new version will change what's happening, but honestly, I'm not sure I'll hang around long enough to see it released. Been a subscriber since 2001 but not for much longer if something doesn't change.
My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives.
Stay thirsty my friends.

Offline DmonSlyr

• Platinum Member
Re: My "This game has become junk" rant.
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2015, 12:23:22 AM »
I had some great fights tonight.

The knights and rooks were fighting for a while but the bases were far and the fights were too high. The rooks ended up getting hoarded. But it was too far of a flight and either way the cons were too high and made for slow fights.

Personally, I've been flying on the bish side a lot and that's where a lot of action is. Although, they do have their hoarding moments too. Tonight I was on knights and bish gave us the best fights.

I'm my opinion, its the lack of teamwork that keeps you from having fun. Instead of rolling 25 deep from another base to intercept the hoard, they roll at one base and get vulched. Better teamwork and coordination would help you out in order to find more action.

It really depends on how well you play the game, what planes you fly, and your patients while flying in order to not get cought up by the gang. Bish had it rough tonight, but y'all could have easily set up intercept missions with 262s and beat the hoard, but I guess it's all about how you look at it....
The Damned(est. 1988)
-=Army of Muppets=-
2014 & 2018 KoTH ToC Champion

Offline zack1234

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2015, 01:46:32 AM »
It's you not the game

I am on team speak with some of the loose mooses.

They are all johnny foreigners but it's a cross i can bare.

If they got rid of the tool of the devil the Brewster the game would improve.

There are no pies stored in this plane overnight

The GFC
Pipz lived in the Wilderness near Ontario

Offline rpm

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #3 on: November 18, 2015, 02:32:45 AM »
It's you not the game.
No, it's not just me. I see this night after night. The Bish do win a map now and then, I'm not saying they don't. But the regularity of getting strats pummeled and bases milkrunned has become the norm, especially in the overnight hours. When your ack stays down for an hour or more and you can only resup 10 minutes at a time, it's impossible when you're outnumbered and being hit on 2 fronts.

If I was a Knight, Rook or side jumper, I'd probably see no problems with it, too. Problem is I belong to a squad and we don't jump sides.
My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives.
Stay thirsty my friends.

Offline scott66

• Gold Member
« Reply #4 on: November 18, 2015, 03:51:05 AM »
Just now logged off we only had 25% of our bases left and our strats were just now starting to come back up when it's like that all you can do is hang on and enjoy the ride I was cracking up all night !  the rooks were close to winning so I imagine it will be a new map soon ..It's a game people have fun!
"scott66"        
 XO ThunderHorse Squadron.    

"This place is a psychologist's wet dream".... FishBait

Offline Chilli

• Platinum Member
« Reply #5 on: November 18, 2015, 05:36:44 AM »
Was only on for about 30 minutes tonight (squad night) and squad vox was definitely worth 14.95   Almost nothing said was game related  :rofl even though we were a large group flowing in and out of contested territory, and there was no plan of attack.  In the mix of all of the nonsense on channel I hear our CO pull this quote out from obscurity, "...... George not feel so good".  :) I must have chuckled at that for most of the evening as I work a solitary evening shift. 

See the clip below to guess why it was perfect cliché for an in game mishap.

There was some pretty damn good junk going on last night.  :rock

Offline FX1

• Silver Member
« Reply #6 on: November 18, 2015, 06:17:00 AM »
Why not be country loyal and find a fight. I do it all the time  and it works for me. I was rook for so many years but not any more.

Offline Someguy63

• Gold Member
« Reply #7 on: November 18, 2015, 06:25:41 AM »
I agree with rpm.
Anarchy
#Taterz
-=Army of Muppets=-
"Imagination rules the world"

Offline 8thJinx

• Silver Member
« Reply #8 on: November 18, 2015, 06:36:13 AM »
I've been on all three countries, and what you describe, happens to all three countries.  Currently flying Bishop, and it's been my experience that we win plenty of maps.  Can't and don't need to win them all.  I was on until about 10:30 pm EST last night.  Sure, the fight was along each bish front, and it was a gobble-fest.  But the bish have had a good run the last week or so.  I'm not concerned at all.  Plus the crack den was open for business inside the crater, which consumed some resources.  Probably half the country was there having fun.  Felt like R&R.  When gv'ing slowed up for a spell, it was easy to find a fight.  But the gv action in the crack den was pretty good.  It was a good night in my book.

B-24H Liberator SN 294837-T, "The Jinx", 848th BS, 490th BG, 8th AF, RAF Station Eye, delivered 1943.  Piloted by Lt. Thomas Keyes, named by by his crew, and adorned with bad luck symbols, the aircraft survived the entire war.

Offline DmonSlyr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #9 on: November 18, 2015, 07:40:23 AM »
The whole country loyalty throws out your argument. It is not Hitech's fault that you choose not to switch sides to find a better fight.

It's not his fault that teams are hoarding.

It's not his fault that you couldn't get your team together to do a hoard intercept mission with 262s and temps to clear the skies.

It's not his fault that you and your squad didn't go capture other bases and attack other bases that didn't have hoards.

I literally got over 60 fighter kills last night in 4-5 hours of playing.

Sometimes the map dies and I get that, but if you don't take action against the hoards, or you don't take action to attack other bases, there is nothing Hitech can do to make your experience better.

Get better at the game.

In fact fighting against the hoard is the best part of the game because that's where all the action and kills are!!!
« Last Edit: November 18, 2015, 08:13:25 AM by DmonSlyr »
The Damned(est. 1988)
-=Army of Muppets=-
2014 & 2018 KoTH ToC Champion

Offline puller

• Gold Member
« Reply #10 on: November 18, 2015, 08:04:42 AM »

In fact fighting against the hoard is the best part of the game because that's where all the action and kills are!!!

^^^ This

Nothing better than bailing off in the middle of a hoard when you know you have a very slim chance on getting home alive  :rock
"The road to Hell is paved with good intentions."
CO   Anti-Horde

Offline Latrobe

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #11 on: November 18, 2015, 11:44:39 AM »
I think for a moment that the hordes are out of control, but then I remember that it's not their fault that no one wants to defend against a horde because it'll put their score at risk. I logged on the other day and saw a huge Knight horde attacking a Bish base, so I switched to Bish. All the hangars at the field were still up but no one was upping to defend. Might be because the Knights were closing in for a vulch-fest? Ok then, let's just up from the nearby airbase that's only 5 mins away. Turns out me and 2-3 other Bish are the only ones doing this. Fine by me, more red targets for me!  :devil We get to the base to defend and start killing planes. After 2 trips us 4 have killed about 15 Knights and forced the other 15 to RTB from low fuel, ammo, or damage. Now that there are only 3 Knights left in the air a huge horde of Bish who were sitting in the tower of a perfectly functioning airfield now up to defend.

Of course this then went in the complete opposite direction. The Knights saw a big Bish dar incoming to their base and refused to up. After a few minutes the Bish RTB'd from low fuel, or low ammo/damage from the very few defenders and then the Knights started upping to horde the 3-5 remaining Bish.

There's isn't much wrong with the game (there are some problems but every game has issues and HTC is starting to address some of these issues). The real problem is with the players. The vast majority of the remaining players are the "win the war" types who only care for their score. They just want to win the war in the fastest and easiest way possibly and this means avoiding combat with the enemy and attacking undefended bases with huge numbers. If the enemy starts defending then they can't possibly risk their score to continue the attack. It's much safer to RTB, land, and go somewhere else.

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #12 on: November 18, 2015, 11:49:27 AM »
Was only on for about 30 minutes tonight (squad night) and squad vox was definitely worth 14.95   Almost nothing said was game related  :rofl even though we were a large group flowing in and out of contested territory, and there was no plan of attack.  In the mix of all of the nonsense on channel I hear our CO pull this quote out from obscurity, "...... George not feel so good".  :) I must have chuckled at that for most of the evening as I work a solitary evening shift. 

See the clip below to guess why it was perfect cliché for an in game mishap.

There was some pretty damn good junk going on last night.  :rock

yup that was fun.  I dont think i got a single kill all night.  I dont think I even attempted to get a kill as the chat was pretty cool.

semp
you dont want me to ho, dont point your plane at me.

Offline Tumor

• Platinum Member
      • Wait For It
« Reply #13 on: November 18, 2015, 12:01:56 PM »
The real problem is with the players.

I couldn't agree more.  It works both ways though.  You can have a decent fight going, then the horde show's ups.... at 20k, along with the inevitable Tools who show up in 262's.  I mean really, the fun meter hits idle quickly.

There's another trend that I've noticed allot of, the "attackers" who immediately give up when faced with defense. 

IMO, allot could be done regarding a re-working the Strat system, along with keeping certain Bases un-capturable "up to a point".  I can't imagine how "Focusing" the front wouldn't help.
"Dogfighting is useless"  :Erich Hartmann

Offline Scca

• Gold Member
« Reply #14 on: November 18, 2015, 12:09:47 PM »
Tonight there wasn't a single fight between Rooks and Knights.
It was similar to that Monday, but different countries.  My side was getting ganged, and a single plane darbar between the other two countries.  And any attack resulted in 20k cons, bombers so high, you could hardly see their dot much less an icon, and a deuce or two just to make things interesting. 

What I did was come in higher than them, and get my enjoyment from watching them dive to the deck from 20k running from a 1v1 to friends.  Hey, it's a game, it's supposed to be fun.  If your not having fun, find something else to do.  The people  aren't going to change, you have to. 
Flying as AkMeathd - CO Arabian Knights
Working on my bbs cred one post at a time

http://www.arabian-knights.org