Author Topic: My "This game has become junk" rant.  (Read 18220 times)

Offline Randy1

• Platinum Member
Re: My "This game has become junk" rant.
« Reply #15 on: November 18, 2015, 12:19:15 PM »
Gang banging does to seem to be on steep upwards curve by all countries.

Offline JunkyII

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #16 on: November 18, 2015, 12:27:07 PM »
Maybe it was payback for the bish taking the entire center island over the weekend to try and ein the war the easy way :aok
DFC Member
Proud Member of Pigs on the Wing
"Yikes"

Offline Scca

• Gold Member
« Reply #17 on: November 18, 2015, 12:31:42 PM »
Maybe it was payback for the bish taking the entire center island over the weekend to try and ein the war the easy way :aok
I saw someone starting that stuff, so I took out the dar at all their bases on the island.   :banana:
Flying as AkMeathd - CO Arabian Knights
Working on my bbs cred one post at a time

http://www.arabian-knights.org

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #18 on: November 18, 2015, 02:07:16 PM »
Last night was a first time in a while that the bish and rook weren't either off playing with each other out of reach. Or ignoring each other and whizzing only on the knights. Biggest problem the knights have is they mostly want to GV in some never ending fixed spawn battle or furball. And it's a keystone cops chinese cluster fluck if they manage to do it at the same location. And never give the knights a carrier group, you can make book on how fast they will loose it every time.

Last night was a perfect storm. POTW squad night with about 15 of us and the bish had been pushed back earlier during low off peak hours. Then there is tank town where half the available players move to and are never seen for the rest of the night.
bustr - POTW 1st Wing

This is like the old joke that voters are harsher to their beer brewer if he has an outage, than their politicians after raising their taxes. Death and taxes are certain but, fun and sex is only now.

Offline vHACKv

• Copper Member
      • Hack YouTube Channel!
« Reply #19 on: November 18, 2015, 02:14:46 PM »

They are all johnny foreigners but it's a cross i can bare.

If they got rid of the tool of the devil the Brewster the game would improve.

Most intelligent thing ever posted. I am leaving in the thing about the foreigners because its true.
Your HQ tears are my fuel

-Starting a profile with your E-mail address while trying to make fun of someone is not a good idea. You will end up with a "V" in front of your name, and we all know only idiots have "V's" in front of their names. (you can't ever change your profile name)

Offline Dundee

• Persona Non Grata
  • Nickel Member
« Reply #20 on: November 18, 2015, 02:25:06 PM »
You don't hear the Bish whine when they are winning......and we just take it, with out the complaining in the forums. Just play the game and stop the whining.... making war fair is not warfare.

Honestly I'm sick and tired of participating in the constant gangbang that this game has become. Arena numbers are horrible and unless you want to abandon your squad and jump countries it's a nonstop thrashing. Tonight there wasn't a single fight between Rooks and Knights. The goal apparently was to take all the Bish bases and make gameplay horrible for them. The overnights are even worse. A few milkrunners taking strats down to nothing then deack bases one after the other. The ack stays down for hours. If you try to defend they jump you with numbers. If you try to resupply they just take bases unopposed. Night after night after night.

This stuff used to happen occasionally, now it's the norm. Seriously questioning why I continue to subscribe. The answer is hanging out with my squad because they are a great group, but they're tired of this crap, too. We're all questioning why we continue to feed HTC for junk gameplay. Why doesn't HTC just kill the Bish and make it Rooks v Knights? The way it is now just stinks.

I'm hoping the new version will change what's happening, but honestly, I'm not sure I'll hang around long enough to see it released. Been a subscriber since 2001 but not for much longer if something doesn't change.

Offline Tumor

• Platinum Member
      • Wait For It
« Reply #21 on: November 18, 2015, 02:26:31 PM »
Maybe it was payback for the bish taking the entire center island over the weekend to try and win the war the easy way :aok

That's a good Maybe.
"Dogfighting is useless"  :Erich Hartmann

Offline Mongoose

• Silver Member
      • Kentwood Station
« Reply #22 on: November 18, 2015, 02:36:07 PM »
Get your squad together,  and make some fun yourselves.  Change your tactics. Get above the bombers and do a little Boom and zoom yourself. Change things up.  Don't depend on the other team to make things fun.  Make your own.
My Aces High fan site:
www.kentwoodstation.com

Offline vHACKv

• Copper Member
      • Hack YouTube Channel!
« Reply #23 on: November 18, 2015, 04:31:58 PM »
Honestly I'm sick and tired of participating in the constant gangbang that this game has become. Arena numbers are horrible and unless you want to abandon your squad and jump countries it's a nonstop thrashing. Tonight there wasn't a single fight between Rooks and Knights. The goal apparently was to take all the Bish bases and make gameplay horrible for them. The overnights are even worse. A few milkrunners taking strats down to nothing then deack bases one after the other. The ack stays down for hours. If you try to defend they jump you with numbers. If you try to resupply they just take bases unopposed. Night after night after night.

Whine recorded, I am honestly laughing hard out loud at this one. Is a Bish complaining about his strats being down and being attacked on two fronts? THIS IS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME IN THE MA, IT IS CALLED STRATEGY. How many maps have the bish won in a row? Are you so used to the other players doing all the strategy, that you live a life of Utopian tactical luxury, with 30 min ack down times and 15 min ord bunkers? If one side is perceived as weak the other two will naturally attack it. Last night the bish were the weak, so we engaged in an orgy of strats and base taking. Personally I love fighting hoards, that is how you get some serious kills. Heck one time I got 5 kills in a T-34 by one shot killing a jeep hoard.

This was exactly the whine I was looking for to pounce on today. Whining enough to have HiTech to change the HQ again because the 100k hardness is not hard enough (that is 100 1000 lb. bombs or their equivalent), will fuel my desire to do it more. Does it not occur to you that making it harder just fuels the ego when we do accomplish the task? This HQ raid was relatively impromptu, but sometimes we plan these out in advance. I will tell you if the conditions are right we will literally call and text each other to log on just to do this. I am going to tell you how we did it (with some details omitted), so you can attempt to defend against it in the future. We have discussed this and would love to see other squads actively engaged in just hunting us down. WE WANT COMBAT IN THE GAME, just not lazy furballing complimented by bomb and bail strat tactics. The 49th will intentionally fly a flight of disadvantaged planes at an disadvantaged alt into a fight. Why do we do this? Because it is fun as hell! Killing a spixteen or a pony in a P40 is rewarding, as is taking down the HQ.  We will drive a tank there, then eventually get killed by you... its fun. Thus, we promoting combat and perpetuation of the spirit of the game. We are not bomb and bailing here, this is a coordinated effort that sometimes takes multiple squads or even countries. This took me an effort of 5 hours from start to the 2nd HQ being down and being hunted down and killed like a threatening predator.

Step one: IDENTIFY AND PREP

Take a base with a spawn that allows me to drive to HQ. On maps with a lot of water hills etc. this can be tricky as heck. We pick the right tool for the right job, I don't think there is GV in the game we have not used. Too many rivers, screw it lets take some sloth like LVTs, but first I need to make a beer run. Now what do I do to get the ball rolling on the base take? De-ack by myself, this is the no. 1 thing, yeah sure sometimes I die but usually it encourages others around me to do the same. Thus getting the ball rolling on a base take. Most players do not up from a capped base to protect their precious precious score.

Step Negative One: PREPPING FOR THE PREPPING

Now before I de-acked I took a trip to the AAA strat in bombers to ensure that the ack stays down longer. Bomb and bail... HELL NO!!! Shooting the guns is the fun part! (This is a 49ZOMBIE quote) You got a kill in your Pony? Good for you Bronie! Land the .2 perkies, but that doesn't matter you will get 20 fighter perks when the Bish Bronie hoarde wins the war. That whole Bronie http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Bronie thing you are into is weird though. Now not all pony drivers are Bronies, but all Bronies are pony drivers. I digress though.

Step Two: THE BASE TAKE

I attack the base and selflessly (this might be a foreign concept to you) do anything I can to get that base, score be damned (probably another foreign concept). This is all done in a team player manor, helping de-ack, giving check 6's, covering bombers taking down hangers. Sometimes I intentionally just wound a plane so they have to take the time to protect their score and land. Thus taking more time out of the fight... again to the detriment to my score.

Step Three: Convince other players to drive hours to HQ. HQ is now 100,000 in hardness meaning it takes mucho ord to do this now. Also, at some point it repairs itself, so you need a critical mass of trigger pullers. Luckily this is easy in my squad, I have some of the most awesome selfless squad mates. They will literally fly a one way goon trip to resupply you anytime. I am not talking about a 20 min trip to a friendly spawn. I mean 100% fuel and they use 90% of it to get to your resupp there, to your flipped over LVT 350 mi behind enemy lines, because you were 5 beers into that good idea becoming a great one, no problem there is a NOE goon on the way.

Step Four: THE ODYSSEY

Drive there, this is not easy at all, and in no way, shape or form as boring as you think. In this case I think it was a little bit over an hour and a half, about like a B-29 mission without the agonizing landing. I think last night we had 3 arguments, 2 conspiracy theories, 1 temper tantrum, 2 bottles of wine, 27 beers, a whiskey and multiple things that smoke after you light them. All before the first HQ was down. AND AN OHHHH @#$% THERE IS A TRAIN GO GO GO GO GET THE M3 OUTA HERE! I am not going to give out specifics, but each and every member of this expedition is absolutely vital. Loosing just one could put the whole mission in jeopardy.

Step Five: THE DIRTY DEED

Coordinate the taking down of the HQ (classified) But I can tell you there is a fuzzy feeling knowing you are actually going to get away with it.

Step Six: HQ DOWN!

Tell the country so they can take advantage! Now we run and hide. Is that a heavy fighter above me? Was that an M3 or a tank? He was so close I could spit on him.  Yes he is filming... and going to go watch and then find us that way. (We had to find a way around this) This tactic is on page 3 of the Bronie Life Manual.

Step Seven: AGAIN? OF COURSE!

Regroup and take down the HQ again. This one is always the best, bragging commences on 200. The feeling of knowing the bish are blind again and yelling at each other about
dropping the ball is wonderful.

Step Eight: THE HUNT

Be prepared to be HUNTED and I don't mean ohhh they might get you. These people are angry, they want your scalp at all costs! This makes the chase more fun. You can go camp the spawn and get some m3s but someone will up a tank and get you. You can go to the flight path of the goons and main gun a couple, a jabo will get you eventually. (Some guys drag wirlbles, osties, m16s just to shoot the goons :banana: ) Whatever chaos we can come up with at this time is always fun. This is just the cherry on top at this point, and you are having a tough time being accurate, you are laughing so hard and getting puffy cheetos all over your shirt and keyboard. This is by far the most fun part to me, sometimes I get away even! Then a nice 49er flys me some supps 903 miles away in a NOE storch and then I drive to your AAA strat and do it all over again. Hopefully he will go crash that thing in a barn, then go AFK flashing another strat for hours, we can only hope.

Step Nine: TALK THE TALK

Not all engage on 200, but I think you know where I lean here.  :neener:

In summation this is not some light gaming activity. We coordinated a massive effort. How often do we witness the awesome machine that is the coordinated bish super hoard?  I understand it makes people mad that just want to log on and dogfight right now. Isn't that what the DA is for? The ponies fly to 20k  and pick 109s off dead reds there too. Hopefully the new game will have a happier place for you. I like doing those things too. This however is the MA, with tanks and this thing called an M3 that can do wonderful things, including be an artillery piece. I take pride in using these obscure GV's in a manor that is threatening to you. What is the average ENY of the planes you fly? Last nights HQ raid had a HUGE effect on the Bish situation, we got sick of being rolled on every map. An opportunity was seen and taken. This is a 3 sided war 2 of those teams lose every time. Whatever you do to be the squeaky wheel and adjust the game to your gaming laziness will not stop this. It will actually do the opposite, we will stare at our clipboards harder and daydream longer. What else will cause us to come up with the next crazier tactic? Trust me when I say I think MERLIN schemes this crap in his dreams, it is that pervasive. So I suggest you either don't let it bother you or you come up with your own tactics to counter it. We have already countered the shade/spy thing so you are going to have to be more creative than that.

:ahand
« Last Edit: November 18, 2015, 04:52:34 PM by vHACKv »

-Starting a profile with your E-mail address while trying to make fun of someone is not a good idea. You will end up with a "V" in front of your name, and we all know only idiots have "V's" in front of their names. (you can't ever change your profile name)

Offline Tumor

• Platinum Member
      • Wait For It
« Reply #24 on: November 18, 2015, 04:47:31 PM »
Whine recorded...

Lost interest here.  But, looks like you need this...   :aok

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TAryFIuRxmQ&ab_channel=lim1212
"Dogfighting is useless"  :Erich Hartmann

Offline vHACKv

• Copper Member
      • Hack YouTube Channel!
« Reply #25 on: November 18, 2015, 04:56:00 PM »
LOVE IT! Not to be confused with

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CP6v4T3VT7I

Does it get any better than the Brothers Estevez?
« Last Edit: November 18, 2015, 06:22:54 PM by vHACKv »

Offline Kingpin

• AH Training Corps
  • Silver Member
« Reply #26 on: November 18, 2015, 05:39:03 PM »
In summation...

The summation is all I read of this, since I figured it would be mostly bloviating nose-thumbing nonsense.  But it did give me an interesting idea. (And I didn't need to stare at length at a clipboard and dream about a fictitious wizard to come up with it.)

I think AHIII should have a "GV alert" system similar to Dar Bar.  Perhaps a little Panzer icon next to a base or strat indicating enemy GVs within dar range of that base?  A yellow icon for 1-3 GVs, Orange for 4-8, Red for 9+.  Something like that.

It seems reasonable that some farmer seeing armored vehicles tearing through his fields would report it.  Bases don't go on alert for phantom threats anyway.  They would be alerted to the nature of the threat, ground or air attack.  So, why not have a visible alert system specific for GVs?

I know HTC lowered the dar alt to reduce the effectiveness of NOE sneaks, so why not something to deal with the GV sneaks (including HQ raids)?

Anything that promotes combat and reduces sneaking around the map is a good game mechanic, in my opinion.  This worthy of a Wishlist item post?
« Last Edit: November 18, 2015, 05:41:46 PM by Kingpin »
Quote from: bozon
For those of us playing this game for well over a decade, Aces High is more of a social club. The game just provides the framework. I keep logging in for the people and Pipz was the kind that you keep coming to meet again.

Offline MrGeezer

• Nickel Member
« Reply #27 on: November 18, 2015, 06:16:09 PM »
The whole country loyalty throws out your argument. It is not Hitech's fault that you choose not to switch sides to find a better fight.

WRONG!

To switch from bish to rook or nit only exacerbates an already out of control problem.  Many fellow bish STAY bish because to leave only makes the problem worse.

I think rpm is right.  In USA Prime Time and then late nights USA afterwards it's a two teams vs one gang bang.  They think it's funny.

What would solve the problem is if nits and rooks grew a pair and actually fought each other for bases...which they don't in USA Prime Time and late night.   Evidently it's more fun to gang the little guy.
Killing Virtual Bad Guys Since 1995  Disabled, retired.

"Posting anything, which says anything positive about anyone, on our board, will always turn into a derogatory mess. It should be a forum posting rule."  Roy "Skuzzy" Neese

Offline Dragon Tamer

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #28 on: November 18, 2015, 06:53:56 PM »
WRONG!

To switch from bish to rook or nit only exacerbates an already out of control problem.  Many fellow bish STAY bish because to leave only makes the problem worse.

I think rpm is right.  In USA Prime Time and then late nights USA afterwards it's a two teams vs one gang bang.  They think it's funny.

What would solve the problem is if nits and rooks grew a pair and actually fought each other for bases...which they don't in USA Prime Time and late night.   Evidently it's more fun to gang the little guy.

:rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #29 on: November 18, 2015, 07:17:52 PM »
Hack,

The bish city was below 45%, so when their HQ went down, the 5 minute down time increased per the effect the city has on strat rebuild times. So now the target to defend is your city. It's amazing how all three sides ignore the city until it's too late. And that is a long time period of ignoring while some energizer bunny drops his load, bails and putters back with another load over an hour or so to just get it down to 50%.

I guess the new mean thing to say is: Ok now it's up and defend your city or else.

We have a new whine then. You guys need to whine that Hitech has to increase the hardness for the city and change it's down time to 5 minutes. Shades of Mizzou, just the mention of the word HQ, or down time, or hoard, or puffy ack, or or or...trigger words and fainting spells and long drawn out whines in the forums. Man is wee's delicate.
bustr - POTW 1st Wing

This is like the old joke that voters are harsher to their beer brewer if he has an outage, than their politicians after raising their taxes. Death and taxes are certain but, fun and sex is only now.