Author Topic: Lost half of my joystick settings  (Read 374 times)

Offline 8thJinx

• Silver Member
Lost half of my joystick settings
« on: November 21, 2015, 04:04:16 PM »
I didn't mention this yet, but this past week I lost half of my joy stick pre-sets.  The only thing I did different is one day I had a regular logitech mouse plugged in when I started my machine, not the normal gaming mouse.  I then immediately noticed the lost pre-sets.  My throttle didn't even work.  I went back and re-did all the presets, but it was strange.  Anyone else ever have that happen to them?  Anyone know what causes that?

B-24H Liberator SN 294837-T, "The Jinx", 848th BS, 490th BG, 8th AF, RAF Station Eye, delivered 1943.  Piloted by Lt. Thomas Keyes, named by by his crew, and adorned with bad luck symbols, the aircraft survived the entire war.

Offline 38ruk

• Gold Member
      • @pump_upp - best crypto pumps on telegram !
Re: Lost half of my joystick settings
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2015, 05:10:00 PM »
I've changed joysticks before .....different brands , and the maps were saved for each stick. I didnt have to remap anything.

Offline Bizman

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2015, 02:45:36 AM »
Loss of USB power, maybe? Or your gear in different USB ports than previously?
Quote from: BaldEagl, applies to myself, too
I've got an older system by today's standards that still runs the game well by my standards.

Kotisivuni

Offline 8thJinx

• Silver Member
« Reply #3 on: November 22, 2015, 08:59:16 AM »
Now that I look, I did plug my joystick into a different USB port last week.  Weird. 

B-24H Liberator SN 294837-T, "The Jinx", 848th BS, 490th BG, 8th AF, RAF Station Eye, delivered 1943.  Piloted by Lt. Thomas Keyes, named by by his crew, and adorned with bad luck symbols, the aircraft survived the entire war.

Offline Bizman

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #4 on: November 22, 2015, 10:08:23 AM »
Now that I look, I did plug my joystick into a different USB port last week.  Weird.
Not weird at all. Although USB means Universal Serial Port, the devices get installed into a certain port. If you change that, the device gets reinstalled. Some devices do that without issues, some don't. My Saitek wheel is very conscious about the port where it has first been installed. I suppose it has something to do with the USB device changing port settings to device specific ones. Something like "This used to be a regular USB port, now it's a dedicated <Brand> USB port. Thou shalt have no other USB ports before this device." IIRC the old time Serial Ports without U were even more specific about what they had been configured for.
Quote from: BaldEagl, applies to myself, too
I've got an older system by today's standards that still runs the game well by my standards.

Kotisivuni

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
      • HiTech Creations Home Page
« Reply #5 on: November 23, 2015, 06:59:11 AM »
When you change USB hubs (multiple ports are connected to each internal hub), the USB device gets a new ID.  We use that ID, which allows multiple instances of the same device to work in Aces High.

So if you plug your stick in and see Windows telling you it installed the software for the device and it is ready, then the device got a new ID and you will have to reprogram it.

I am out of the office until next week, but there may be a way to manually edit the config files with the new ID and thus allowing your settings to continue to work.
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese
support@hitechcreations.com