Author Topic: Sound Pack Installation  (Read 1366 times)

Offline earl1937

• Gold Member
Sound Pack Installation
« on: November 24, 2015, 10:31:12 PM »
 :airplane: In my computer setup, which is a HP, using OS Windows 7 and top of the line "graphics card" and other goodies~!
I downloaded the Mitsue sound pack along with another one, I forget the name of it. I am having trouble "dropping" it into the Aces High folder! It drops right in, but when I go into the game, its still the "default" sound pack that comes with the game!
I have been told by some of my AH friends that there are other sound packs better than what I have down loaded, anyone have a suggestion as to one and how to insert it into the game. I appreciate HT's effort at sound effects, but likes a long way from being realistic!
Just remember when answering this post, I am "dumber" than a rock about computers!!! LOL
Blue Skies and wind at my back and wish that for all!!!

Offline Chalenge

• Plutonium Member
Re: Sound Pack Installation
« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2015, 10:52:00 PM »
My installer was designed for people just like you. You can download it from my sig, but you should probably read the instructions I have posted in the sound forum too.

http://bbs.hitechcreations.com/smf/index.php/topic,359625.0.html

Otherwise, post again and we will see if we can help you along better.
If you like the Sick Puppy Custom Sound Pack the please consider contributing for future updates by sending a months dues to Hitech Creations for account "Chalenge." Every little bit helps.

Offline earl1937

• Gold Member
« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2015, 05:25:05 AM »
My installer was designed for people just like you. You can download it from my sig, but you should probably read the instructions I have posted in the sound forum too.

http://bbs.hitechcreations.com/smf/index.php/topic,359625.0.html

Otherwise, post again and we will see if we can help you along better.
:airplane: that was about as simple as can be for a dummy like me! Just download and open game and Wa, La, new sounds in place and working...you must have kept some of the "default" sounds from the standard sound pack with "AH", because engine start sounds the same!

Offline Chalenge

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #3 on: November 25, 2015, 12:34:47 PM »
My pack uses mp3 sounds for startup. If your system doesn't fully support mp3s or you try to use my sound pack with AHII you will get unpredictable results.

I plan on producing a completely new pack for AHIII (some sounds may remain the same), and if the go with the fmod idea then things will be markedly improved.
If you like the Sick Puppy Custom Sound Pack the please consider contributing for future updates by sending a months dues to Hitech Creations for account "Chalenge." Every little bit helps.

Offline earl1937

• Gold Member
« Reply #4 on: November 25, 2015, 01:01:03 PM »
My pack uses mp3 sounds for startup. If your system doesn't fully support mp3s or you try to use my sound pack with AHII you will get unpredictable results.

I plan on producing a completely new pack for AHIII (some sounds may remain the same), and if the go with the fmod idea then things will be markedly improved.
:airplane: the engine sounds in flight are perfect and as I remember the ponie from my Air Force reserve days

Offline Chalenge

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #5 on: November 25, 2015, 01:06:59 PM »
Thank you. I wish I could give every aircraft the same treatment, but it just isn't possible to go to the same extent on the majority.