Author Topic: So... Should I come back?  (Read 3235 times)

Offline shake307

• Zinc Member
So... Should I come back?
« on: December 02, 2015, 03:18:47 PM »
Well, I got the itch, again.  I have played off and on over the years and I always seem to get frustrated with one thing or another with Aces High.  I have gotten competent at flying various planes, but I stopped the last time because of the community.  Now I am wanting to get back into it, but these forums are my only real window to the game without paying to play.  All I can say is holy s***, some bad forum posts.  Is it still worth it?  Does anybody out there still enjoy this?  I don't bomb and bail.  I am not above bombing strats, running resupply, pounding towns, or furballing, but I won't run.  I enjoy a fight.  Does anybody on these forums play with any sense of honor or code of conduct?  I really like aces high, but would like to see and hear some good before I take the plunge, again. :salute
Respect is granted, not demanded.

Let's get drunk and fly!

Offline hitech

• Administrator
  • Administrator
      • http://www.hitechcreations.com
Re: So... Should I come back?
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2015, 03:20:53 PM »
Come on back the water fine.

But you did answer a question I have been debating at the moment.

HiTech

Offline FLS

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
      • Trainer's Website
« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2015, 03:28:03 PM »
Regardless of what you read you'll only know how you like it when you're playing again.   :joystick:

Offline Nathan60

• Platinum Member
« Reply #3 on: December 02, 2015, 03:28:48 PM »
I came back yesterday, been having a blast since then Dolby roughed me up and nknocked some of the dust off, then just now ZaZa in a pony came back to fight my Nikki been having good fights past couple days and flying wioth the squad again is a hoot lots of laughs last night.
HamHawk
Wing III-- Pigs on The Wing
FSO--JG54
CHUGGA-CHUGGA, CHOO-CHOO
Pigs go wing deep

Online DmonSlyr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #4 on: December 02, 2015, 03:30:13 PM »
I still have a great time playing for the most part. Still a lot of competition, the special events are fun, the game is still challenging, and the fights are still there. I think if you just play to have a good time and not deal with the community, forums, or score, you will enjoy the game much more.  :joystick: :airplane:
The Damned(est. 1988)
-=Army of Muppets=-
2014 & 2018 KoTH ToC Champion

Offline Chalenge

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #5 on: December 02, 2015, 03:42:18 PM »
The forums have calmed down quite a bit I think.
If you like the Sick Puppy Custom Sound Pack the please consider contributing for future updates by sending a months dues to Hitech Creations for account "Chalenge." Every little bit helps.

Offline Gman

• Gold Member
« Reply #6 on: December 02, 2015, 03:46:45 PM »
Well, I got the itch, again.  I have played off and on over the years and I always seem to get frustrated with one thing or another with Aces High.  I have gotten competent at flying various planes, but I stopped the last time because of the community.  Now I am wanting to get back into it, but these forums are my only real window to the game without paying to play.  All I can say is holy s***, some bad forum posts.  Is it still worth it?  Does anybody out there still enjoy this?  I don't bomb and bail.  I am not above bombing strats, running resupply, pounding towns, or furballing, but I won't run.  I enjoy a fight.  Does anybody on these forums play with any sense of honor or code of conduct?  I really like aces high, but would like to see and hear some good before I take the plunge, again.

I think you've answered your own question.  You sound like you have a real positive attitude, and this game, like most others online, are what you make of them.  There is ALWAYS going to be a percentage of players that aren't happy with various things, at various times, myself included, but I've found that still after 16 years playing here, that there is always something fun or new to do.

It'd be a really good idea to come back now, and shake some rust off, and meet some new people, as the new version is coming along, and you'll be a lot better set to get into that if you've come back before it and a whole pile of new players come along at that time.

I would also say don't judge the game itself from the forums.  Play the game itself and then make up your own mind.  I don't think you'll regret coming back if you do it that way.

Offline jeep00

• Silver Member
« Reply #7 on: December 02, 2015, 03:46:58 PM »
Well, I got the itch, again.  I have played off and on over the years and I always seem to get frustrated with one thing or another with Aces High.  I have gotten competent at flying various planes, but I stopped the last time because of the community.  Now I am wanting to get back into it, but these forums are my only real window to the game without paying to play.  All I can say is holy s***, some bad forum posts.  Is it still worth it?  Does anybody out there still enjoy this?  I don't bomb and bail.  I am not above bombing strats, running resupply, pounding towns, or furballing, but I won't run.  I enjoy a fight.  Does anybody on these forums play with any sense of honor or code of conduct?  I really like aces high, but would like to see and hear some good before I take the plunge, again. :salute

Always remember the golden rule- If you don't have anything nice to say, put it on a forum...

Personally I rarely get to play and still enjoy it. As to the posts, I wish there was a number of players to complainers available, but I think a few minutes online will show you the difference. From what I can see, pretty minimal. Though the same ones do it a lot, for the same golden rule.
As hitech said , come on in , the water's fine. If a bit hard...

Offline jeep00

• Silver Member
« Reply #8 on: December 02, 2015, 03:48:26 PM »
Come on back the water fine.

But you did answer a question I have been debating at the moment.

HiTech

:noid

I like intrigue...

Offline 1ijac

• Silver Member
« Reply #9 on: December 02, 2015, 04:13:22 PM »

Welcome back!  The small percentage of players who whine about everything and really seem like they don't enjoy it unless they are throwing their negativity about are easily squelched.  There are a lot of great people on all 3 countries.  Embrace it and have a good time.

one-eye
"One-Eye"

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #10 on: December 02, 2015, 04:22:54 PM »

"Alls fair in love and war" so the saying goes. The complaints crop up when things become a bit excessive.

All the things you listed are available as well as a few others you missed. There are a lot of "fun" players, but like any other game out there in the internet their are a few bad apples as well. As others have said here, you'll only know if you take the plunge! It's only $15. Give it a go for a month and then you can decide.

Hope to see ya in the air...... in front of me, NOT in back of me.  :devil

Offline 100Coogn

• Gold Member
« Reply #11 on: December 02, 2015, 04:23:18 PM »
:noid

I like intrigue...

Me too, do tell...   :headscratch:

Coogan 
From Wiley: If you're hitting them after they drop, that's not defense, that is revenge.
Game Id's:
AHIII: Coogan
RDR2: Coogan_Bear
MSFS-2020: Coogan Bear

Offline pipz

• Platinum Member
« Reply #12 on: December 02, 2015, 04:27:48 PM »
Come back and give it a try. Only you can decide if its worth it to ya. Me you ask? I am having a blast!  :D
Silence tells me secretly everything.

Montreal! Free the Pitt Bulls!!!!!

Offline JimmyC

• Platinum Member
« Reply #13 on: December 02, 2015, 04:31:09 PM »
Its alotta fun, dont pull Pipzs finger though! you have been warned
Let's get drunk and fly!
<S> Jimmy
CO 71 "Eagle" Squadron RAF
"I'd rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy."

Offline danny76

• Gold Member
« Reply #14 on: December 02, 2015, 04:33:49 PM »
I have been working two jobs flat out for the last year and have played about 3 hours. Have a new stick that I can't get used to, forgotten about everything I ever knew which wasn't a lot. Have a few days break next couple of weeks so I am seriously considering stocking the beer fridge and locking myself in my games room for a few days. Need to start from scratch!!!
"You kill 'em all, I'll eat the BATCO!"
The GFC

"Not within a thousand years will man ever fly" - Wilbur Wright