Author Topic: Off hours-- or should that be low population WARNING>>RANT  (Read 12865 times)

Offline Vraciu

• Plutonium Member
Re: Off hours-- or should that be low population WARNING>>RANT
« Reply #60 on: December 17, 2015, 12:56:03 PM »
Of the people that see to have a problem, Tongs is the only one I know of who can justify it. He flies a Ki-61, fights and doesn't just fly high ENY planes that run away. Some of the others frankly just seem to whine a lot about not getting fights, and then when engaged at even or worse odds, run away from the fight. Frankly they could leave the game, and it would improve greatly.

Says a guy I shot down twice last night while I was "running".   Your definition of running seems to be anyone who doesn't get themselves into a position where your plane's strengths reign.   

”KILLER V”
Charter Member of the P-51 Mustang Skin Mafia
- THE DAMNED -
King of the Hill Champ Tour 219 - Win Percentage 100
"1v1 Skyyr might be the best pilot ever to play the game." - Via PM, Name Redacted

Offline SlipKnt

• Gold Member
« Reply #61 on: December 17, 2015, 01:05:03 PM »
In the off hours I am certain there are people in MW trying to run maps (and I mean the usual MW crew).  I have seen it and even been part of map rolling in my earlier years of play.  Sometimes when I am bored I'll go in there and practice certain things.

It gets boring. 

But if the right people start showing up, I can get become hectic.  And fun.

You have to get passed the LW birds though.  In fact, I enjoy MW planes more than the LW planes (unless I can get a 262 to destroy). 

I guess my point in this is if there are only 10 or less on each side on a large map, why not all of you go over to MW and tear things up in there? 

DCS:
SlipKnoT
vCSG-3, VMA-513 Flying Nightmares (AV8B)

Offline hgtonyvi

• Silver Member
« Reply #62 on: December 17, 2015, 01:08:35 PM »
In the off hours I am certain there are people in MW trying to run maps (and I mean the usual MW crew).  I have seen it and even been part of map rolling in my earlier years of play.  Sometimes when I am bored I'll go in there and practice certain things.

It gets boring. 

But if the right people start showing up, I can get become hectic.  And fun.

You have to get passed the LW birds though.  In fact, I enjoy MW planes more than the LW planes (unless I can get a 262 to destroy). 

I guess my point in this is if there are only 10 or less on each side on a large map, why not all of you go over to MW and tear things up in there?
Ive been saying this a long time
CO of the Hell Hounds. In Game: Rud3boi
*Ain't no grave can hold my body down.*

Top German Ace of Pantelleria 1943
            6./JG 27- 109G-2

Offline Copprhed

• Silver Member
« Reply #63 on: December 17, 2015, 02:08:44 PM »
Says a guy I shot down twice last night while I was "running".   Your definition of running seems to be anyone who doesn't get themselves into a position where your plane's strengths reign.
You would claim as a kill the fact that I had run out of gas due to forgetting to change my plane's DA fuel setting to it's MA setting. I had out turned you in my 110, while you were in you Runstang, and yes, you ran away when you didn't get the easy kill. The hits you got on me left no damage at all, and you ran. Again, considering I was in a 110, and you a 51 Delta, the fact that you didn't down me the first time, and took a while to get me, along with help from base ack, well.....nuff said. Did I mention while you were trying to kill me that second time, I also took out the base's ords?
Flight Leader: "Bogeys at 2 o'clock!"
Wingman: "Roger, It's 1:30 now, what do I do 'til then?"

Offline mbailey

• Platinum Member
« Reply #64 on: December 17, 2015, 02:26:22 PM »
That’s like waiting for Jesus to return before you repent….And God only knows when that will be.  If you want more players, advertise.  The update has nothing to do with it.

The update would have everything to do with it.     Advertising is grossly expensive, especially for a smaller company and TV advertising is outrageously expensive....if one were to want to get the most out of his money to advertise, you would want to advertise a new product more so than an old product.  Its simple business and using ones advertising budget to for greatest impact.
Mbailey
80th FS "Headhunters"

Ichi Go Ichi E
Character is like a tree and reputation like its shadow. The shadow is what we think of it; the tree is the real thing.

When the game is over, the Kings and Pawns all go into the same box.

Offline Vraciu

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #65 on: December 17, 2015, 02:34:15 PM »
You would claim as a kill the fact that I had run out of gas due to forgetting to change my plane's DA fuel setting to it's MA setting. I had out turned you in my 110, while you were in you Runstang, and yes, you ran away when you didn't get the easy kill. The hits you got on me left no damage at all, and you ran. Again, considering I was in a 110, and you a 51 Delta, the fact that you didn't down me the first time, and took a while to get me, along with help from base ack, well.....nuff said. Did I mention while you were trying to kill me that second time, I also took out the base's ords?

Post the film of me wrecking you in the scissors twice. 

You were then roped and bailed before I could hit you again.

My running is working.  I'm 3-0 against you the last two days.  4-0 this tour. 

You got the ords and my squaddies got your base in your obsession to die under my guns.

Next. <S>
« Last Edit: December 17, 2015, 04:17:12 PM by Vraciu »
”KILLER V”
Charter Member of the P-51 Mustang Skin Mafia
- THE DAMNED -
King of the Hill Champ Tour 219 - Win Percentage 100
"1v1 Skyyr might be the best pilot ever to play the game." - Via PM, Name Redacted

Offline BaldEagl

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #66 on: December 17, 2015, 03:01:56 PM »
There were no ground vehicles.  As a matter of fact I don't recall anyone bemoaning the fact that we had no ground vehicles.

Yes there were.  I used to drive a tank from AZ land across the bridge and between the mountains to go attack C5.

I just think the genre as a whole is in decline.  Look at all the similar games that no longer exist.  It's a tribute to HT that he's among the last standing but someone's going to have to come up with a radically different approach to get it moving forward again, if they even can.
I edit a lot of my posts.  Get used to it.

Offline cattb

• Silver Member
« Reply #67 on: December 17, 2015, 03:15:42 PM »
Maybe they could make one of the arenas smaller like the old air warrior maps. didn't have to fly far for a fight leave one arena for late arena and the other rotate from early to late. may 1 week its early the other week its late. I would imagine the early was arena is prolly dead if the late war arena is low population.( early war was dead when I quit playing)
Also make the smaller arena bases hard to take, make a real fight out of it also with smaller map a base would be closer to quick up and support the cause on defense or offense depending on design of map.
furballs and fights were and are still fun im sure, flying for 5 minutes on a large map to get gang banged or a bombnbail get old in a hurry.

just a idea

happy holidays
:Salute Easy8 EEK GUS Betty

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #68 on: December 17, 2015, 05:42:41 PM »
it's impossible for me to have fun without my beloved pony.  you want me to learn another plane.v give me a pony with 4 hispanos.

semp
you dont want me to ho, dont point your plane at me.

Offline DmonSlyr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #69 on: December 17, 2015, 09:13:21 PM »
it's impossible for me to have fun without my beloved pony.  you want me to learn another plane.v give me a pony with 4 hispanos.

semp

The Damned(est. 1988)
-=Army of Muppets=-
2014 & 2018 KoTH ToC Champion

Offline Slade

• Silver Member
« Reply #70 on: December 18, 2015, 05:57:43 AM »
if one were to want to get the most out of his money to advertise, you would want to advertise a new product more so than an old product.  Its simple business and using ones advertising budget to for greatest impact.

Good points.  :salute

Its important to stay objective.  Move with the tides of communication.  SEO (Search Engine Optimization) and related media marketing have some hard fast rules.  Rule number 1: out of sight = out of mind.  You need to have an on-going media campaign at the SEO level.  Luckily SEO and related media marketing efforts do not cost that much.  It costs more not to do them.

Simply using Google Adwords for instance.  You both learn about your demographic and Google helps you improve on people finding your product.  It is crazy inexpensive and can specify how much you want to utilize it (how much you can afford).  You can save your big bugs for major releases.

You dont have to have a dwindling user base is my point.

Sometimes folks can get polarized in understanding things rather than seeing what is there.  Who doesn't from time-to-time!

If people are not finding this game.  If the numbers are not going up - then objectively:

1. Your not optimizing SEO.

OR

2. The demographic for your product does not exist.

meh what do I know.  We just want this game to succeed.  Passionate about it.
« Last Edit: December 18, 2015, 06:03:36 AM by Slade »
-- Flying as X15 --

Offline Biggamer

• Nickel Member
« Reply #71 on: December 18, 2015, 08:14:52 AM »
some of the best times ive had was when late war crashed and forced everyone into MW the planes sets there are awsome and can produce amazing fights if there is numbers in there
G3-MF

Offline JimmyC

• Platinum Member
« Reply #72 on: December 18, 2015, 04:03:14 PM »
I have fun!
CO 71 "Eagle" Squadron RAF
"I'd rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy."

Offline scott66

• Gold Member
« Reply #73 on: December 18, 2015, 04:53:08 PM »
IMHO if you are not having fun it's your own fault ..gv, flying,ava, mid war,ww1 dog fighting arena surprisingly way fun even if only 1 other person in there, bomb strats, work on achievements fly something you don't normally fly, change countries ..I've had fun with even less than 9 people in MA if all else fails redefine your meaning of fun step outside the box..if the only thing you like to do is fly one plans and fight but the few people logged on don't want to fight you or are busy having fun in gv or whatever they Find fun. Low numbers and the low numbers not doing what you find fun? I fail to see that being HTC fault..I say economics in the 12 yrs I've been playing all hours of the day I've never not had fun or find a fight..if 10 are logged on and 6 are in gv 2 bombing strats 1 fell asleep and 1 is your own countryman and you won't change countries or gv and only do late war MA then yes you probably are not going to have fun....edit and yes I'm aware it's called Aces High not gvs low
« Last Edit: December 18, 2015, 05:09:30 PM by scott66 »
"scott66"        
 XO ThunderHorse Squadron.    

"This place is a psychologist's wet dream".... FishBait

Offline SirNuke

• Silver Member
« Reply #74 on: December 18, 2015, 05:13:53 PM »
I'll just say that the increase of air combat in off hours is the prerequirement to my resubing for AH3. IF it were to happen now I'd resub now.