Author Topic: vulching turns to harassment  (Read 7181 times)

Offline waystin2

• Plutonium Member
Re: vulching turns to harassment
« Reply #15 on: December 23, 2015, 10:05:04 AM »
Vulching is the sport of Kings.  :aok
CO for the Pigs On The Wing
& The nicest guy in Aces High!

Offline popeye

• Gold Member
« Reply #16 on: December 23, 2015, 10:26:30 AM »
 "There's an old saying in Tennessee — I know it's in Texas, probably in Tennessee — that says, vulch me once, shame on — shame on you. Vulch me — you can't get vulched again."

kong
KONG

Where is Major Kong?!?

Offline LilMak

• Silver Member
« Reply #17 on: December 23, 2015, 10:43:10 AM »
I never kill planes with their wheels on the runway. It's a waste of potential fun not only for the other guy, but for myself as well.
"When caught by the enemy in large force the best policy is to fight like hell until you can decide what to do next."
~Hub Zemke
P-47 pilot 56th Fighter Group.

Offline Randy1

• Platinum Member
« Reply #18 on: December 23, 2015, 10:52:15 AM »
Vulching is normaly a mean of shuting down a field in order to prevent the enemy from upping and defend the base. Its a dirty job but someone needs to do it. The other way is to bomb the hangars but deack and vulching requiers less planing amd coordination.

It is more normal these days to hear on the VOX, the dirtiest words in the game, "The vulch light is on."

There are a couple of squadrons who specialize in just deacking and vulching  for score with zero intent on capturing the field.

Offline Oldman731

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #19 on: December 23, 2015, 10:58:46 AM »
I never kill planes with their wheels on the runway. It's a waste of potential fun not only for the other guy, but for myself as well.

Agreed.  Vulching is pretty lame.

- oldman

Offline Wiley

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #20 on: December 23, 2015, 11:01:08 AM »
If you up into the vulch, expect to be vulched.  It is lame, as are many things people do in the game.  If you can get up there's fun to be had, but you're going to eat some deaths while you're doing it.

Wiley.
If you think you are having a 1v1 in the Main Arena, your SA has failed you.

JG11

Offline ROC

• Aces High CM Staff (Retired)
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #21 on: December 23, 2015, 11:37:26 AM »
That's why there are manned ack at the base you were at.  Pull the trigger.  This game has the tools available to stop all sorts of play style you don't like.
ROC
Nothing clever here.  Please, move along.

Offline JimmyD3

• Gold Member
« Reply #22 on: December 23, 2015, 11:41:08 AM »
The only thing about vulching that bothers me, is the hots shots that complain bout "no fights" and they are the first ones to vulche. :furious
Kenai77
CO Sic Puppies MWK
USAF 1971-76

Offline captain1ma

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
      • JG54 website
« Reply #23 on: December 23, 2015, 12:12:31 PM »
when the vulch light is on, I used to up bombers, they were tougher to kill and you could always ram the bad guys with them. but that's just me.

what is this score everyone speaks of? the only score I know is easyscor!!

Offline puller

• Gold Member
« Reply #24 on: December 23, 2015, 02:29:49 PM »
The only thing about vulching that bothers me, is the hots shots that complain bout "no fights" and they are the first ones to vulche. :furious

+1  :aok
"The road to Hell is paved with good intentions."
CO   Anti-Horde

Offline pembquist

• Silver Member
« Reply #25 on: December 23, 2015, 04:41:39 PM »
As a serial vulchee I take offense at being called stooopid for not lifting from another base. If I cared that I die ten times to every one getting in the air than that would be a problem. If there is anything in the complaint department from me it would be disappointment in vulchers vulching when A.) they aren't trying to take a field B.) low population C.) 4 fighters to one. The late night game is kind of kookie as it is. It casts into sharper relief the differing ambitions of players so you get stooopid matchups of knuckleheads who just want to fight, (would be happier if everyone had 2 .20 cals,) and people who want the illusion of accomplishing something, especially the camaraderie of takening a base with some other fellows.
Pies not kicks.

Offline Vraciu

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #26 on: December 23, 2015, 06:07:59 PM »
But V, bombing is easy they say :x :bolt: :salute

I can never hit anything as a JABO. 
”KILLER V”
Charter Member of the P-51 Mustang Skin Mafia
- THE DAMNED -
King of the Hill Champ Tour 219 - Win Percentage 100
"1v1 Skyyr might be the best pilot ever to play the game." - Via PM, Name Redacted

Offline VuduVee

• Nickel Member
« Reply #27 on: December 23, 2015, 06:09:34 PM »
there you go, my feelings too. they dont want fights, they want kills, so they can look like cool guys.

Offline 68ZooM

• Platinum Member
« Reply #28 on: December 23, 2015, 08:58:25 PM »
 Trying to up from a hot airfield is not a good idea, but if you do decide to try it at least get 3 others to up at the same time, that way I can shoot one rocket and kill all three..... Rocket vulch's are awesome...
« Last Edit: December 23, 2015, 09:00:19 PM by 68ZooM »
UrSelf...Pigs On The Wing...Retired

Was me, I bumped a power cord. HiTEch

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #29 on: December 25, 2015, 11:49:47 AM »
I wonder how many new players quit over the years, because of getting repeatedly vulched for having the nerve to fight.

There is often only one or two bases flashing at a front these days.   Fights have been becoming harder to come by.   Isn't an earned kill much more satisfying?   Or are they too hard to get?

If they fail to take the suggested route through the TA it is no fault of others. Many times the only fights are defending a base. Learn to do it right and you increase your chances of getting airborne. Then all you have to do is get a few to start the grind and help your friends get airborne. I have enjoyed doing this for years. Take off from a vulched base with the right people and time it right. Then thin the vulching forces enough to get the others after you and then your friendlies can start upping. Turn the tide so to speak.
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)