Author Topic: vulching turns to harassment  (Read 7168 times)

Online DmonSlyr

• Platinum Member
Re: vulching turns to harassment
« Reply #45 on: January 24, 2016, 09:25:45 AM »
True, some maps make it very easy to up from another field and get back into the fight over contested field within a few minutes.

Others though, make it close to impossible unless you want to fly 2 sectors, at which time you get there base is already taken, in best case, can vulch the landers and return the favour.

I agree, that is sometimes the case. It happens.

Do you think in real war they cared or wanted the other team to get their planes in the sky? War is nasty, so is AH. I've been vulched plenty of times. I think last night I vulched a few planes for the first time in years because the fight died by the time I got to the enemy base and it appeared like we were going to capture the base. If it wasn't me, the other 12 guys there would have done the deed.
Sometimes in a big raid there is just nothing you can really do if other bases are too far away.

I'll fix, if you can roll about 7 people in all different directions at the same time, you might have a chance.
« Last Edit: January 24, 2016, 09:30:25 AM by DmonSlyr »
The Damned(est. 1988)
-=Army of Muppets=-
2014 & 2018 KoTH ToC Champion

Offline BuckShot

• Silver Member
« Reply #46 on: January 24, 2016, 09:45:55 AM »
The Typhoon vid Floob posted has me in the mood for some good ol' rocket vulching.

Game handle: HellBuck

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #47 on: January 24, 2016, 09:50:45 AM »
I agree, that is sometimes the case. It happens.

Do you think in real war they cared or wanted the other team to get their planes in the sky? War is nasty, so is AH. I've been vulched plenty of times. I think last night I vulched a few planes for the first time in years because the fight died by the time I got to the enemy base and it appeared like we were going to capture the base. If it wasn't me, the other 12 guys there would have done the deed.
Sometimes in a big raid there is just nothing you can really do if other bases are too far away.

I'll fix, if you can roll about 7 people in all different directions at the same time, you might have a chance.

Again, this stupid comparison  :rolleyes: This is not war this is a game. In the spirit of the game I personally like to let the enemy get off the runway. I time my dive to catch them with wheels up and up to at least a maneuvering speed. This also puts me in a position of moving away from any ack that might be up after my pass. If my aim or their maneuvering makes me miss, then I guess the "other 12 guys" will finish him off.

The point is we are here to play a game..... well some of us are. A lot of other players seem to have found out how to get chicks/money/fame by having large kill counts or high kill/death numbers. Whats more fun, killing a guy while his engine is spooling up, or beating him in a fight where you "may" get shot down? If someone get off the field and shoots the troops then as a mission you failed. Regroup and try again, why? because its a GAME!

Fight for the base, fight to keep the enemy at bay while you get troops in, fight to HOLD the base after you do capture it. That is what this game is built around. The more fights there are going on the more fun there is going on, hasn't anyone else noticed that? If all there are in the air are big hordes.... boring. If all there are  on the ground.... as in Greebo's wonderful map are GV and you DON'T like to GV........boring. If a lone !^%!$head NOEs and drops HQ and the lights go out..... boring. Get the point? 

Fights generate fun. Fun generates numbers. Numbers generate more fights. Like Pyro said, "Don't be a Dick". Learn to fight not how to HO and vulch.

Online DmonSlyr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #48 on: January 24, 2016, 10:21:02 AM »

Again, this stupid comparison  :rolleyes: This is not war this is a game. In the spirit of the game I personally like to let the enemy get off the runway. I time my dive to catch them with wheels up and up to at least a maneuvering speed. This also puts me in a position of moving away from any ack that might be up after my pass. If my aim or their maneuvering makes me miss, then I guess the "other 12 guys" will finish him off.

The point is we are here to play a game..... well some of us are. A lot of other players seem to have found out how to get chicks/money/fame by having large kill counts or high kill/death numbers. Whats more fun, killing a guy while his engine is spooling up, or beating him in a fight where you "may" get shot down? If someone get off the field and shoots the troops then as a mission you failed. Regroup and try again, why? because its a GAME!

Fight for the base, fight to keep the enemy at bay while you get troops in, fight to HOLD the base after you do capture it. That is what this game is built around. The more fights there are going on the more fun there is going on, hasn't anyone else noticed that? If all there are in the air are big hordes.... boring. If all there are  on the ground.... as in Greebo's wonderful map are GV and you DON'T like to GV........boring. If a lone !^%!$head NOEs and drops HQ and the lights go out..... boring. Get the point? 

Fights generate fun. Fun generates numbers. Numbers generate more fights. Like Pyro said, "Don't be a Dick". Learn to fight not how to HO and vulch.

So you think getting your wheels off the ground is going to make a difference? I think you are being a little bit far fetched. If I'm flying around a base solo and see a plane rolling, then I'd let them get some speed to fight. The fact that you tried to up in a birds nest of cons and complain about getting vulched means you either care too much about your rank or you quite frankly didnt know what you were rolling into. The game is about fighting, but there is simply no mercy in AH. That's what makes the game difficult and why most people have a hard time learning it. This wasn't a furball vulch, it was a base take cap and I think you should be aware that these things happen in a an open war scenario.
The Damned(est. 1988)
-=Army of Muppets=-

Offline Masherbrum

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #49 on: January 24, 2016, 10:29:54 AM »
If I can get wheels up in an La7 on a field that is being vulched?   It is music to my ears.   Sure it is my fault if I get vulched, but most worry about their stats and I won't.   
« Last Edit: January 24, 2016, 12:41:31 PM by Masherbrum »
-=Most Wanted=-

FSO Squad 412th FNVG
http://worldfamousfridaynighters.com/
Co-Founder of DFC

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #50 on: January 24, 2016, 10:57:41 AM »
So you think getting your wheels off the ground is going to make a difference? I think you are being a little bit far fetched. If I'm flying around a base solo and see a plane rolling, then I'd let them get some speed to fight. The fact that you tried to up in a birds nest of cons and complain about getting vulched means you either care too much about your rank or you quite frankly didnt know what you were rolling into. The game is about fighting, but there is simply no mercy in AH. That's what makes the game difficult and why most people have a hard time learning it. This wasn't a furball vulch, it was a base take cap and I think you should be aware that these things happen in a an open war scenario.

Well maybe your not as hot shot a pilot as you think you are. Give me 200 mph and 100 feet off the ground and I can survive a number of passes by MOST vulches. Those with some skill and a good aim will have an easier time with me, but at least I have a chance and it makes the game fun. Had you guys let me get off the runway I would have kept upping to try and defend. Score isn't important, nor are the number of kills I get. As it was.... seeing as there was a full enemy dar bar and NO friendly dar I knew very well what I was getting into. I was hopping for some quick action but all I got was popped before I could get rolling. So I went some place else to find a fight and you and your "12 other guys" got to circle an undefended field until some one finally dropped troops.... was that fun?

If I can get wheels up in an La7 on a field that is being vulched?   It is music to my ears.   Sure it is my fault if I get vulched, but most worry about their stats and won't.   

Exactly !

People seem to be too tied up in the score and kill death crap. It gets in the way of having fun.

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #51 on: January 24, 2016, 12:03:23 PM »
Just try to keep in mind that all vulching is not equal. The field cappers trying to prevent NME aircraft from strafing troops trying to take the town is perfectly acceptable. If your side is trying to take the field you couldn't very well do that giving the NME a clear path to kill your troops because of some chivalry code. That's silly.

Now the single knucklehead that's just taking a pass down the runway with the express intention of vulching just to vulch is another thing entirely. But if that happens to you more than once, who's fault is that really?

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

That is the one I don't get. Pass up flying plane to vulch the field. LOL

BTW when I up at a field being vulched, I up in a P38. If it ain't fun it ain't worth doing.
« Last Edit: January 24, 2016, 12:06:13 PM by Shuffler »
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Online DmonSlyr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #52 on: January 24, 2016, 12:09:39 PM »
It's fine Fugi, I'll take my achievements in the special events and my current fighter and attack rank (meaningless, I know) over your "not as hot of a pilot as I think I am" claim. I'm not up to 1v1 par with my new JS as of yet, but it won't be too long. As far as the skill I've achieved in the MA, I think I know what I am doing with the situations that present themselves in the MA, KOTH, Combat challenge, and FSO. The fact that your team allowed the vulch to begin in this first place is your own teams fault. Just because I vulched someone during a cap on a base doesn't represent my skill level, it represents how stupid it is to roll at the base knowing the consequences and then complaining about it. You know just as well as I do people are vulching at a capped base. For you to go this far and get on your high horse about a dumb vulch during a base take means you are taking it too seriously. Everyone knows we've all done this at one point during a base capture.
The Damned(est. 1988)
-=Army of Muppets=-

Offline Vraciu

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #53 on: January 24, 2016, 12:31:35 PM »
It's fine Fugi, I'll take my achievements in the special events and my current fighter and attack rank (meaningless, I know) over your "not as hot of a pilot as I think I am" claim. I'm not up to 1v1 par with my new JS as of yet, but it won't be too long. As far as the skill I've achieved in the MA, I think I know what I am doing with the situations that present themselves in the MA, KOTH, Combat challenge, and FSO. The fact that your team allowed the vulch to begin in this first place is your own teams fault. Just because I vulched someone during a cap on a base doesn't represent my skill level, it represents how stupid it is to roll at the base knowing the consequences and then complaining about it. You know just as well as I do people are vulching at a capped base. For you to go this far and get on your high horse about a dumb vulch during a base take means you are taking it too seriously. Everyone knows we've all done this at one point during a base capture.

Yeah, V doesn't need to vulch.   

I've bounced him with advantage many times and got flamed.  I think vulching would bore him.
« Last Edit: January 24, 2016, 12:59:45 PM by Vraciu »
”KILLER V”
Charter Member of the P-51 Mustang Skin Mafia
- THE DAMNED -
King of the Hill Champ Tour 219 - Win Percentage 100
"1v1 Skyyr might be the best pilot ever to play the game." - Via PM, Name Redacted

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #54 on: January 24, 2016, 12:39:02 PM »
LOL!!!! enjoy all those achievements and rank and all it proves is how shallow you are. All of it doesn't mean squat. This is a game. It doesn't matter how many kills you have because as far as any one knows they were all vulchs against players who couldn't defend themselves. What does matter is how much fun the game is.

Vulching guys as they spool up their engines may be fun for you  :headscratch: but to the vulchie, not so much. Picture a new player trying out the game, he sees a flashing base, a large dar bar and so looking for action ups from the base, where he get killed before he can even get rolling. After a few attempts he may try another field which means he gets back to the fight long after the capture and everyones gone.

Sounds like a sucky game to me, why bother spending $15 for this? and another one is gone.

There are many so called "big names" in this game that ho and pick (as being the 3rd or 4th guy in on a single player) vulch and do other lame play that does nothing but increase their score or name in lights and does nothing to improve game play in the arenas. Luckily we have players like those of the 80th and such that play for the fun of it. You don't see them vulchin fields. You don't see them fighting IN the horde, but more often than not AGAINST the horde.

The point of this is to play the game. Sure I can see where a guy gets ticked off after being vulched after all I did last night. Did I expect to get vulched, yup sure did. Did I expect to get vulched by one of the so called top players, not at all. Todays players don't want to play the game any more. Fighting kills your score and stats, unless you one of the elite (and seeing as you can't let a guy get off the ground Im guessing you aren't one of them  :devil ). With more and more players avoiding fights and just going with the crowd doing lame game play the crowds are getting smaller. There is nothing wrong with this game, its the players who are killing the game. 

Online DmonSlyr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #55 on: January 24, 2016, 12:50:09 PM »

First of all, I was in a 109 g2.

Secondly, I had logged on and just rolled not 5 minutes before I shot you. There was a big enemy dar bar there. It collapsed as I was on the deck heading toward your base. We had roughly 25 friendlies there by the time I got there, base and town was flat, it was time to take the base. I swept in saw 2 guys rolling and popped them real quick. It was merely luck and timing I even got the kill.

Go take a break Fugi,  I don't play this game for you. I play it for myself and my enjoyment in fighter planes. My achievements mean somethimg to me and that's all that matters. I play for fun, competition, and practice. I don't like dying any more than anyone else. If I truely wanted EZ kills I'd fly a temp or a 190D and that's no fun, I already proved that last January.  We all get vulched, relax and play the game more strategically next time. 

« Last Edit: January 24, 2016, 01:07:07 PM by DmonSlyr »
The Damned(est. 1988)
-=Army of Muppets=-

Offline Masherbrum

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #56 on: January 24, 2016, 12:54:05 PM »
The day I realized that "name in lights" mattered?   When Sabby and I rolled F4F's and were ganged by six Spitfires of at the time "the self proclaimed elite squad of the game".   We shot them down and then eight finally were able to shoot us down.   But there were no salutes because both parties knew what transpired and they struggled against a pair of "inferior planes and sticks".   Sure we were shot down in the end, but they embarrassed themselves enough in the process and moved as a group to the opposite side of the map.

Some need the trophy case as a crutch.   I say f**k the trophy case and practice what you keep preaching to me.
-=Most Wanted=-

FSO Squad 412th FNVG
http://worldfamousfridaynighters.com/
Co-Founder of DFC

Offline Vudak

• Platinum Member
« Reply #57 on: January 24, 2016, 01:19:15 PM »
Ok so just to recap, Fugi's ticked off that Violator switched sides to the low numbered side, found that everyone on that side was flying at one place only, flew to that place, and didn't have the decency to break off when Fugi upped at a (heavily) capped field, so as to allow one of the other 15-20 planes there to get him instead.

As a result, this single moment in the game will now define Violator's career forever.
Vudak
352nd Fighter Group

Online DmonSlyr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #58 on: January 24, 2016, 01:21:53 PM »
Well Vudak I started on the bish, but that's pretty much what happened lol.
I didn't reup after that and played BF4 for a good bit before I switched. I didn't even run another sortie on bish.

But! I switched to the rooks an hour after that sortie to fight the hoards. Funny enough, the tide changed real quickly after that. So, I don't even want to hear it.

We all have are high n fly moments against the odds and that's great, but when you attack my level of play, be prepared for examples of why those statements are irrational. If you get vulched on a capped base you have no one to blaim but yourself.

Furthermore, why are you rolling on a runway and not out of the hanger!!  :old:
« Last Edit: January 24, 2016, 01:35:16 PM by DmonSlyr »
The Damned(est. 1988)
-=Army of Muppets=-

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #59 on: January 24, 2016, 01:53:11 PM »
Ok so just to recap, Fugi's ticked off that Violator switched sides to the low numbered side, found that everyone on that side was flying at one place only, flew to that place, and didn't have the decency to break off when Fugi upped at a (heavily) capped field, so as to allow one of the other 15-20 planes there to get him instead.

As a result, this single moment in the game will now define Violator's career forever.

LOL!!! Vudak, you have known me a long time and know much better than that.

I'm not "attacking" violator directly, but his type of player. He said .... 

" I don't play this game for you. I play it for myself and my enjoyment in fighter planes. My achievements mean somethimg to me and that's all that matters. I play for fun, competition, and practice"

That is all fine and dandy but when his play is detrimental to others play, much like the HQ hitters it isn't good for the game. Why should his play style have more weight than any others? We are all playing in the same sandbox here. If that type of play....vulchin, HOing, avoiding fights, ganging becomes the mainstay of game play how long do you think the game will last?

There was a recent thread on the DA, how it is no longer populated. Everyone knows why nobody plays there any more, due to lame game play.... picking, HOing, using perk rides to pick from perches, jumping in on duels even when asked not to. Shall we watch the MA go the same way?

The only reason I called out violator here is because his "better than you attitude" that he seems to come across with on these boards, and in the game. It "big names" like his that could help bring change to the game, but instead I seem to find him falling to the dark side more often than not when I run into him.

I join in these conversations not because Im frustrated, tho all of us do get that way one time or another, but I bring up these points because I'd like to see the game get bigger and better.  I don't see that happening if the trend toward lame game play continues. Sure we have always had lame game play, but it was a much smaller percentage of players doing so. That number continues to rise slowly but surely and with over all numbers dropping that percentage goes up pretty fast.

Don't be part of the problem, be part of the solution.