Author Topic: HQ down again  (Read 18344 times)

Offline Wizz

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
Re: HQ down again
« Reply #15 on: December 27, 2015, 06:58:50 AM »
It has nothing to do with winning the war, so please quit using that excuse. People leave when it happens, so there is nothing tactical about it. Bomb strats if you want an advantage.
I assure you it does regardless of whether or not you see it that way.
393rd Bombardment Squadron

CO-Fine
XO-KO

Offline icepac

• Platinum Member
« Reply #16 on: December 27, 2015, 07:21:08 AM »
HQ being down always stimulated more contact with the enemy rather than less.

You pansies need to simply fly without the crutch and learn how to anticicipate how the enemy intends to use your lack of non-realistic radar aids at that time.

Then you will find enemy planes who think they are safe because you "can't see them".

Offline Slade

• Silver Member
« Reply #17 on: December 27, 2015, 07:34:09 AM »
You pansies need to simply fly without the crutch and learn how to anticicipate how the enemy intends

Those of us playing for YEARS are pretty good at anticipation.  In RL WWII however a country was never completely blinded as is the case when HQ goes down.  My Mom for example worked as a spotter several hours a day in WWII along with thousands of others dong the same thing.  I could elaborate in much more detail but will keep this brief.  My point is a country in WWII was never nearly blinded from the results of just one set of Lancs.  :old:

There is no need to be so disrespectful.
-- Flying as X15 --

Offline Changeup

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
      • Das Muppets
« Reply #18 on: December 27, 2015, 08:14:33 AM »
Those of us playing for YEARS are pretty good at anticipation.  In RL WWII however a country was never completely blinded as is the case when HQ goes down.  My Mom for example worked as a spotter several hours a day in WWII along with thousands of others dong the same thing.  I could elaborate in much more detail but will keep this brief.  My point is a country in WWII was never nearly blinded from the results of just one set of Lancs.  :old:

There is no need to be so disrespectful.

He knows.  Some believe extra points are given out for useless drivel.
"Such is the nature of war.  By protecting others, you save yourself."

"Those who are skilled in combat do not become angered.  Those who are skilled at winning do not become afraid.  Thus, the wise win before the fight, while the ignorant fight to win." - Morihei Ueshiba

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #19 on: December 27, 2015, 08:20:42 AM »
I assure you it does regardless of whether or not you see it that way.

The point he was trying to make is that this is a game, NOT a war. If the action you take is hurting the GAME you are detrimental to the game. You, your action, and any "friends" that do it with you, are all bad for the GAME.

If enough people leave. the game closes. How is that a "Win"?

Offline FESS67

• Silver Member
« Reply #20 on: December 27, 2015, 08:47:02 AM »
Again we see the 'if you were any good you would be able to anticipate....blah blah...'

Well, guess what, we have been around long enough to see what is going on but the game mechanics mean we are powerless to stop it.  You are gaming the game, simple as that.

Ok, so your comeback is to say you are not powerless to stop it.  All you need to do is run constant CAP.  After all if you were any good you would do that.

Bunch of idiots doing their best to kill the fun for the majority.

Offline VuduVee

• Nickel Member
« Reply #21 on: December 27, 2015, 11:12:29 AM »
talk about hypocrites, most of the people in this thread are the same people who gang the end of the runway for no reason other than to piss people off. they arent looking for fights at all and never do. theyre ganger/vulcher/ runners looking for easy kills and not fights. they couldnt give a crap about the game at all, they want what they want and thats all. people have to fly 10 mins to get a fight and these einsteins pile on/gang like its the last donut and then piss and moan about "cant find fights when the HQ is down" bullsh! youre running people off more than any HQ killer does.

Offline 68ZooM

• Platinum Member
« Reply #22 on: December 27, 2015, 12:07:54 PM »
Vuduvee, these people you say that are ganging/vulch's the end of the runway are Suppressing people while the town is being taken and captured, being vulched or ganged at the end of the runway CAN be prevented Simply by not upping there and up from the closest airfield to that one. This scenero only affects people trying to up from a base being taken.

When people kill HQ It affects the whole country of players And defending it is almost pointless unless you fly  defense around it 24 hours a day at every Alt level looking for that 1 set of lancs or the people that drive GV's for endless hours to kill the HQ which is Undetectable until HQ is down.
UrSelf...Pigs On The Wing...Retired

Was me, I bumped a power cord. HiTEch

Offline Vraciu

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #23 on: December 27, 2015, 12:25:23 PM »
Vuduvee, these people you say that are ganging/vulch's the end of the runway are Suppressing people while the town is being taken and captured, being vulched or ganged at the end of the runway CAN be prevented Simply by not upping there and up from the closest airfield to that one. This scenero only affects people trying to up from a base being taken.

When people kill HQ It affects the whole country of players And defending it is almost pointless unless you fly  defense around it 24 hours a day at every Alt level looking for that 1 set of lancs or the people that drive GV's for endless hours to kill the HQ which is Undetectable until HQ is down.

You're wasting your time using logic on these people. 
”KILLER V”
Charter Member of the P-51 Mustang Skin Mafia
- THE DAMNED -
King of the Hill Champ Tour 219 - Win Percentage 100
"1v1 Skyyr might be the best pilot ever to play the game." - Via PM, Name Redacted

Offline Zardoz

• Copper Member
« Reply #24 on: December 27, 2015, 12:30:03 PM »
You tell 'em V

I'm pretty new to all this. But I enjoy most aspects of the game. And I have tried a lot of different scenarios. GV's (Yeah the really long ones too!) Flying a fighter, which is my favorite, and completely mystifying at times. Bombers, gunnery, and even the PT boat a few times.

And I like bombing missions. Until you have been in a large formation with 262's 163, and 190's comin' from all sides... Well I find that to be pretty good combat action.

Tanks piss me off. Grrr...

And I have seen the strategic value of taking down strats. Including the HQ and city. More than once. Even if it is only to put a monkey wrench ij the attitude of the enemy, Make 'em lose their focus. Isn't that good combat tactics?

I came to this game from flight sims, strategy games like Risk, poker, and chess. Flight sims? Those guys are serious nerds and I can completely relate. The games, on the other hand all include intimidation, deception, attitude, and hopefully, a sense of humor.

I expected AH to be about strategy. So I like the current rules and tactics and am trying to learn to be better at a lot of different aspects of it. One thing about flying with a squad like the 49th is they expect you to be good at a lot of different tactics and scenarios. They are very generous to noobs like me with their time and advice. So I have tried a lot of different things I never even would have thought of on my own. And so I want to do well by them, Isn't that what being in a squad is all about? If that means going off on a loooong crazy drive once in a while, then not only so be it, but gleefully so. I probably still love the fighter planes the most, even though I still pretty much suck at it. But I enjoy most of the different scenarious too.

Hats off to you 49th, by the way, for putting up with me. They tolerate me even though they didn't know I was a left-wing wacko when I signed on. It does make for some lively discussions on those legendarily long 49er's missions.

I even find the whining to be entertaining. You wanna hate some 49er's? Go ahead. Better yet, up some fighter's, shoot my a&& outa the sky and screw up MY plans. Most of y'all seem to be able to shoot me down fairly regularly. <S> It's all supposed to be part of the FUN!

Anyway I'm having a ball the way AH is right now. Could it be better? Sure. Keep working on it. My biggest complaint is the generally rude behavior between a lot of players. 200 is like that morbidly bad movie scene you can't turn away from. But I still like to know the mind of the enemy, so I usually monitor it.

I say leave the HQ hardness alone. It adds a dimension to the game that I enjoy. You take out my HQ? Cool! Good for you. I will try to learn to either subvert your efforts or learn an alternative strategy to fight you. It's part of why this game is so addictive. Things that are hard to master give the greatest rewards when done well.

Remember. It's a game.
« Last Edit: December 27, 2015, 12:32:49 PM by Zardoz »
Your incessant whining just adds entertainment value to my gaming experience :cool:

Offline cobia38

• Silver Member
« Reply #25 on: December 27, 2015, 01:10:46 PM »
another thread of furballers crying about HQ again   :ahand 

Harvesting taters,one  K4 at a time

Offline SPKmes

• Gold Member
« Reply #26 on: December 27, 2015, 01:20:12 PM »
I did have to laugh when a player from a notorious HQ griever squad had a cry on 200 about another person doing something they thought was lame game play.....

Offline Wizz

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
« Reply #27 on: December 27, 2015, 01:36:28 PM »
The point he was trying to make is that this is a game, NOT a war. If the action you take is hurting the GAME you are detrimental to the game. You, your action, and any "friends" that do it with you, are all bad for the GAME.

If enough people leave. the game closes. How is that a "Win"?
Fugi you and I play two totally different games. Your worthless outside of your element in this game and sadly your mistaken the majority of the time. I have flown with you guys and as I have stated before I am not impressed with you or the squad you fly in. Your a lot of mouth on forums though and decent ACM....

The best thing that could happen to this game is loosing players like you. Forcing a certain someones hand to grab a new player base. I dont think you quite get that "our style of play does not hurt the game we play.... we dont need big numbers and constant furballs to play AH. HTC has HQ up for a reason and we will attack it as needed whenever we want.
« Last Edit: December 27, 2015, 01:39:07 PM by Wizz »
393rd Bombardment Squadron

CO-Fine
XO-KO

Offline Devil 505

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #28 on: December 27, 2015, 01:51:00 PM »
we dont need big numbers and constant furballs to play AH. HTC has HQ up for a reason and we will attack it as needed whenever we want.

This is an air combat game. Your actions inhibit air combat. Hence, your actions inhibits the game. End of story.
Kommando Nowotny

FlyKommando.com

Offline Bear76

• Platinum Member
« Reply #29 on: December 27, 2015, 02:03:06 PM »
Fugi you and I play two totally different games. Your worthless outside of your element in this game and sadly your mistaken the majority of the time. I have flown with you guys and as I have stated before I am not impressed with you or the squad you fly in. Your a lot of mouth on forums though and decent ACM....

The best thing that could happen to this game is loosing players like you. Forcing a certain someones hand to grab a new player base. I dont think you quite get that "our style of play does not hurt the game we play.... we dont need big numbers and constant furballs to play AH. HTC has HQ up for a reason and we will attack it as needed whenever we want.

By all means run the rest of the people out of the game. You have no clue what this game is about and your rationale for grieving people is as lame as ever.