Author Topic: HQ down again  (Read 18317 times)

Offline Zoney

• Platinum Member
Re: HQ down again
« Reply #180 on: December 30, 2015, 01:14:44 PM »
I imagine this is some one's theme song that is participating in this thread.................

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ELnhjGw4Zs

:devil

Playing over and over again on a loop.................
Wag more, bark less.

Offline Wizz

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
« Reply #181 on: December 30, 2015, 01:17:24 PM »
Not really, we are flying over to fight whatever happens to be there regardless of where it came from. Your ovjective is to make it as difficult as possible to find someone to shoot us down. Our objective is to facilitate engagement and yours is to prevent it.

Im just telling this guy that he really can't expect a 1v1 in the MA.
  Vudak your so far off its funny. My objectice is to take as many bases as I can in the time I have when I play. In the last week I have taken or helped take over 100 bases with the help of only - 3 people max. I have dropped HQ 2 in 8 days. I have gone on 17 strat runs. I have dropped over 100 resupply boxes. I have shut down 30 bases. I have porked 41 bases.

You dont have the faintest idea of how I play. Keep feeding me...
393rd Bombardment Squadron

CO-Fine
XO-KO

Offline Vudak

• Platinum Member
« Reply #182 on: December 30, 2015, 01:19:51 PM »
You're the one advocating turning off the lights and admitting to doing it twice, <shrug>
Vudak
352nd Fighter Group

Offline Wizz

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
« Reply #183 on: December 30, 2015, 01:24:13 PM »
You're the one advocating turning off the lights and admitting to doing it twice, <shrug>
darn straight its all apart of the show! Im not the one who has a prpblem with it :D

I dont have a single complaint about this game. I have my opinions on how it coukd be better but I have never nor will be caught whining like the likes of you and others :neener:

I am a winner who over comes adversity. For what you guys say I do if I actually tried there would be no lights ever.
393rd Bombardment Squadron

CO-Fine
XO-KO

Offline VuduVee

• Nickel Member
« Reply #184 on: December 30, 2015, 01:46:22 PM »
By nature of the fact that they're at your base, they've flown to it. Why don't you do the same thing and show up with alt? A faster plane wouldn't hurt if they have numbers, either. It seems to me that your frustrations stem from your poor decisions.

I think you have a pretty skewed view on what a "fight" is. Most aren't demanding uninterrupted duels in the MA. They're just looking for people who actively try to shoot them down. I get killed all the time. It's fun. I get ganged a lot too when I make poor decisions, but I find it fun to make them.

I'm having a hard time following how we're always ganging yet I often have 3 or 4 cons attacking me. It seems like you're seeing what you want to see.

i think youre only seeing what you want to see too vudak.
they complain about no fights, that they dont know where the fights are when HQ is down. but when they do get a fight, they gang them and then wonder why they arent getting any fights. they dont want to fly for god knows how long, to get a fight or HQ protection. the same goes for me too, i dont wanna fly for 10 mins for a 30 sec ganging. why is it ok for you and them to not want to fly so long but not for me to want the same?  you have a solution for my problem but refuse to acknowledge the solution to you guys HQ problem. why is that? your game is more important than mine?
trust me, ive done all the crap youve said. (which actually looks like youre telling me to be a picker runner in a combat game). i know all about it. i maintain my stance that you guys only want whats good for YOUR game and couldnt care about anyone elses game. but it works both ways vudak. im saying that both sides of this arguement could do more to keep the game alive, but refuse to even try. and its running off people like me, who will fight at the drop of a hat, and who play fair. i afford them all the things they dont afford me. because i wanted the game to live.
like i said, when theres 30 ppl total, all hiding and cowering, dont blame me, i tried.

Offline Vraciu

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #185 on: December 30, 2015, 01:49:56 PM »
I was born at night...........but not last night. With the Dar Bar down and you can't find where the fight is..........you shouldn't be playing the game if your that lame.

Uh huh.   

Much of the time I am on a fight can't be found WITH radar up. 

I'm lame but you can't spell YOU'RE.

???  :headscratch:
« Last Edit: December 30, 2015, 01:52:11 PM by Vraciu »
”KILLER V”
Charter Member of the P-51 Mustang Skin Mafia
- THE DAMNED -
King of the Hill Champ Tour 219 - Win Percentage 100
"1v1 Skyyr might be the best pilot ever to play the game." - Via PM, Name Redacted

Offline Vudak

• Platinum Member
« Reply #186 on: December 30, 2015, 01:54:19 PM »
Reread what I said. If we are at your base then we flew from our own base. So if you do the same, who lost out?

Also who said anything about picking and running? I'll aggressively take on your Spit 5 in whatever. I have a lousy kd to prove it =D
Vudak
352nd Fighter Group

Offline VuduVee

• Nickel Member
« Reply #187 on: December 30, 2015, 02:10:10 PM »
Reread what I said. If we are at your base then we flew from our own base. So if you do the same, who lost out?

Also who said anything about picking and running? I'll aggressively take on your Spit 5 in whatever. I have a lousy kd to prove it =D
i can use your logic too. the HQ raider just flew for an hour, you only have to fly 10 to 15 mins. who lost out?
if youre at our base, are you looking for kills or fights? its obvious to me. kills is the answer. if you were looking for fights, why not compromise and meet halfway? if you cant compromise, why complain about no fights?  my whole point is that both sides of this argument refuse to compromise and think they and their game are more important than the others game. both are killing the game in their own ways and people like me are leaving. there are several other reasons too, not just HQ and vulcher/gangers.

Offline Vudak

• Platinum Member
« Reply #188 on: December 30, 2015, 02:18:35 PM »
You seem to be seeking a 100% fair fight which I am perfectly willing to provide in the DA, but which really is impractical to implement or expect in the MA. In the MA the best you can hope for is that someone tries to kill you and frankly taking down the radar is done in the hopes of preventing that.
Vudak
352nd Fighter Group

Offline VuduVee

• Nickel Member
« Reply #189 on: December 30, 2015, 02:34:53 PM »
You seem to be seeking a 100% fair fight which I am perfectly willing to provide in the DA, but which really is impractical to implement or expect in the MA. In the MA the best you can hope for is that someone tries to kill you and frankly taking down the radar is done in the hopes of preventing that.
no no no, thats not what im saying or expect. i didnt just start playing yesterday, so i know all about that mumbo jumbo youre saying. so again, ive said it 20 friggin times here. you guys are complaining about finding fights/ no one fights. etc... i up to FIGHT and am immediately ganged by people who say they want a FIGHT. so now i have to fly 10 mins and get the same thing i do when flying 1 min. you savvy?  from my experience with you guys, you dont want fights, you want kills. im not wasting my time for that. instead i log off and quit paying to play. its one less player who was willing to FIGHT. one less player is what it does for the game and im not the only player who has quit paying 15 a month.

Offline Vudak

• Platinum Member
« Reply #190 on: December 30, 2015, 02:44:02 PM »
Ah. We should fly 10 min to your base then loiter while you grab alt from same  (or perhaps we should cut engine and apply full rudder as we descend to your level one at a time) so that you can have fair action in 1 minute or less. All the while watching your buddies come in from the other base with alt and speed and friends. Gotcha.
Vudak
352nd Fighter Group

Offline VuduVee

• Nickel Member
« Reply #191 on: December 30, 2015, 03:08:06 PM »
Ah. We should fly 10 min to your base then loiter while you grab alt from same  (or perhaps we should cut engine and apply full rudder as we descend to your level one at a time) so that you can have fair action in 1 minute or less. All the while watching your buddies come in from the other base with alt and speed and friends. Gotcha.
youre obviously not reading what i wrote. i didnt say any of that at all. you obviously think vulching/ganging doesnt hurt the game when there is barely any players anyway. it does. its also obvious that you want others to change their game to suit your game, but youre not even willing to consider change for yourselves. thats typical entitlement. so i guess we're done here. kill the game in your way and the HQ greifers will kill it their way and youll wonder why the game is dead. oh well, i tried.

Offline DmonSlyr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #192 on: December 30, 2015, 04:32:20 PM »
youre obviously not reading what i wrote. i didnt say any of that at all. you obviously think vulching/ganging doesnt hurt the game when there is barely any players anyway. it does. its also obvious that you want others to change their game to suit your game, but youre not even willing to consider change for yourselves. thats typical entitlement. so i guess we're done here. kill the game in your way and the HQ greifers will kill it their way and youll wonder why the game is dead. oh well, i tried.

I don't know vuduvee, I guess if you are getting ganged all the time maybe you should find other players to wing with. I agree that sometimes bases are too far apart and I wish they would be a bit closer together, but this game takes patience and getting the alt takes time, you gotta be strategic and aware to the type of fight situation you are involved in. Different planes are better for different situations and you gotta utalize that. The game certainly aint fair or forgiving. If you want to get more kills and fight the hoard you gotta be more strategic in and out of the fight.
The Damned(est. 1988)
-=Army of Muppets=-
2014 & 2018 KoTH ToC Champion

Offline Vudak

• Platinum Member
« Reply #193 on: December 30, 2015, 04:35:10 PM »

Oh I've read what you've wrote.  You've asked for people to either let you get your E up from the capped field you took off of because you don't want to fly the same ten minutes THEY just had to, or for them to meet you half way (by the big tree at noon?) in the MA.  You're also chaffed that people don't turn with your Spit V.  Finally you keep getting vulched or ganged which indicates you have poor SA and don't understand what's going on around you but you are claiming to understand what's going on around us.  That's unlikely. 

Your ideas are impractical and idealistic.  If I'm at 5k and you're at 0k, to give you the fair fight you seek I'd need to either drop to your alt and kill my E, or sit around waiting for you to come up.  That'd be lovely in the AvA or some other arena where it's just us and the tumbleweeds, but it's stupid in the MA and silly for you to expect it.

As to if this is ruining the game, did you ever play Air Warrior?  If so you'd remember there were times when your country would get knocked back to just the unconquerable fields (I think it was 2-3) and the other side would still vulch those.  About 10-11 years ago in Aces High there wasn't any such thing as ENY restrictions and times were pretty tough then.  I don't think some people vulching here is ruining the game. 

I think what's really ruining this game is that easier, prettier games have since come out.  Not the same cheesy tactics that have existed for 15-20 years.

As an aside I'm having a hard time remembering the last time I logged on and said to myself, "I'm going to find the biggest green dar bar with the smallest red dar bar and fly there!" or even the last time I upped with the intention from the start to vulch.  Sometimes I wind up in both situations but just as often I've been on the receiving end. 

I'm really not trying to bash you but you come across as someone who's discovered the Spit V and a few ACM's and is now starting to get frustrated with this game because 1v1s are difficult to find.  A lot of us have been there.  I'd suggest adjusting your attitude or taking a break.  Otherwise you're going to get burned out.  I've been there.

That being said I've spent too many hours over the years working with people who are less developed than me to tolerate you saying I'm killing the game because I won't artificially compensate for your lack of SA and poor decisions in the MA and give you some kind of gentleman's fight while ignoring the fact that you too have inbound friends with alt.
Vudak
352nd Fighter Group

Offline VuduVee

• Nickel Member
« Reply #194 on: December 30, 2015, 05:05:14 PM »
Oh I've read what you've wrote.  You've asked for people to either let you get your E up from the capped field you took off of because you don't want to fly the same ten minutes THEY just had to, or for them to meet you half way (by the big tree at noon?) in the MA.  You're also chaffed that people don't turn with your Spit V.  Finally you keep getting vulched or ganged which indicates you have poor SA and don't understand what's going on around you but you are claiming to understand what's going on around us.  That's unlikely. 

Your ideas are impractical and idealistic.  If I'm at 5k and you're at 0k, to give you the fair fight you seek I'd need to either drop to your alt and kill my E, or sit around waiting for you to come up.  That'd be lovely in the AvA or some other arena where it's just us and the tumbleweeds, but it's stupid in the MA and silly for you to expect it.

As to if this is ruining the game, did you ever play Air Warrior?  If so you'd remember there were times when your country would get knocked back to just the unconquerable fields (I think it was 2-3) and the other side would still vulch those.  About 10-11 years ago in Aces High there wasn't any such thing as ENY restrictions and times were pretty tough then.  I don't think some people vulching here is ruining the game. 

I think what's really ruining this game is that easier, prettier games have since come out.  Not the same cheesy tactics that have existed for 15-20 years.

As an aside I'm having a hard time remembering the last time I logged on and said to myself, "I'm going to find the biggest green dar bar with the smallest red dar bar and fly there!" or even the last time I upped with the intention from the start to vulch.  Sometimes I wind up in both situations but just as often I've been on the receiving end. 

I'm really not trying to bash you but you come across as someone who's discovered the Spit V and a few ACM's and is now starting to get frustrated with this game because 1v1s are difficult to find.  A lot of us have been there.  I'd suggest adjusting your attitude or taking a break.  Otherwise you're going to get burned out.  I've been there.

That being said I've spent too many hours over the years working with people who are less developed than me to tolerate you saying I'm killing the game because I won't artificially compensate for your lack of SA and poor decisions in the MA and give you some kind of gentleman's fight while ignoring the fact that you too have inbound friends with alt.
youre twisting my words, thats great.
Vudak, it sounds like you think i just started yesterday by the way youre talking down to me. ive been here 4 yrs and i know all the ACM's.  i know the game inside and out. my SA is just as good and bad as anyone elses. ill give you all you can handle and youll have had fun because someone actually fought. ask your squaddies if im some beginner you should be talking down to like this.