Author Topic: HQ down again  (Read 18321 times)

Online icepac

• Platinum Member
Re: HQ down again
« Reply #210 on: December 30, 2015, 08:54:16 PM »
I love when our HQ is down.

It guarantees plenty of suckers who think they are invisible.

Offline kappa

• Parolee
  • Silver Member
« Reply #211 on: December 30, 2015, 09:14:26 PM »
youre twisting my words, thats great.
Vudak, it sounds like you think i just started yesterday by the way youre talking down to me. ive been here 4 yrs and i know all the ACM's.  i know the game inside and out. my SA is just as good and bad as anyone elses. ill give you all you can handle and youll have had fun because someone actually fought. ask your squaddies if im some beginner you should be talking down to like this.

Vodu, I first thought you were trolling.. Then I figured you might be playing devil's advocate.. Now I'm not sure anymore at all.. I'm glad you could learn everything in 4years.. Most could not I think.

We rarely have more than 3-4 on during peak time but more than likely 2. 

If you up a spit5 or any spit in the MA you should expect to be ganged.. You're upping a spit5 wanting a slow stall fight with what.. A P51? Sounds fair.. Why would anyone up a spit in the first place unless they wanted to engage multiple cons.. Spits are fairly uber in the MA even the 5.. Just because you're in a spit5 doesn't mean you're not in a trainer..

I love to up from capped bases.. But I will not up to be vulched more than 3x in a row.. At that point I might even bring a deuce.. But I up at capped <not vulched> bases ALL the time... I don't complain about being ganged.. well, on squad chan I will haha.. but its always my fault when it happens..  Being ganged is worth it to me b/c I know odds are good that I will be able to contribute to breaking the cap on the base.. and thats the fun part..

If you're not having fun or constantly find yourself being ganged you need to rethink your playing style.. Ideas sometimes exceed ability which is not a bad thing.. Its how we get better.. Jus sometimes the path taken needs adjustment..
- TWBYDHAS

Offline Oldman731

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #212 on: December 31, 2015, 12:37:12 AM »
Come find me in the MA and we'll go to the DA to knock off some rust and gain mutual respect and admiration

I recommend this (although I don't think there's much rust for Vudak to wear off; he has uncanny gunnery skills).  He's willing to take any plane against any plane.  The fights are memorable, not those hey-you-just-got-HO'd-ha-ha that some of us are familiar with. Not may folks left who will fight like that. 

- Oldman the Loser (five out of five went to Vudak)

Offline VuduVee

• Nickel Member
« Reply #213 on: December 31, 2015, 02:59:22 AM »
Vodu, I first thought you were trolling.. Then I figured you might be playing devil's advocate.. Now I'm not sure anymore at all.. I'm glad you could learn everything in 4years.. Most could not I think.

We rarely have more than 3-4 on during peak time but more than likely 2. 

If you up a spit5 or any spit in the MA you should expect to be ganged.. You're upping a spit5 wanting a slow stall fight with what.. A P51? Sounds fair.. Why would anyone up a spit in the first place unless they wanted to engage multiple cons.. Spits are fairly uber in the MA even the 5.. Just because you're in a spit5 doesn't mean you're not in a trainer..

I love to up from capped bases.. But I will not up to be vulched more than 3x in a row.. At that point I might even bring a deuce.. But I up at capped <not vulched> bases ALL the time... I don't complain about being ganged.. well, on squad chan I will haha.. but its always my fault when it happens..  Being ganged is worth it to me b/c I know odds are good that I will be able to contribute to breaking the cap on the base.. and thats the fun part..

If you're not having fun or constantly find yourself being ganged you need to rethink your playing style.. Ideas sometimes exceed ability which is not a bad thing.. Its how we get better.. Jus sometimes the path taken needs adjustment..
i rarely fly spits at all. the spit5 deal was just that one day i seen Violator. he was a p40 with alt.
even though i think know most of the ACM's i still have a ways to go in refining them.
 the vulching/ganging thing is one thing i think doesnt help the game, just my opinion. an example is this, the map we are on now, small map, high alt bases. a few weeks ago you guys were furballing at my base, barely out of ack range pretty much. it looked like fun and i wanted in. so i up a g14 and try to get as much E as i can, knowing that ill get a fight quickly. and a red jumps me, then another and then another and then you came in a spit9 and killed me. i was literally the only rook who lifted and didnt do circles in town and base ack until most reds were dead, ganged or rtb. ( in my mind, why gang the only person willing to fight? why not appreciate that someone finally isnt hiding and is willing to fight?, it doesnt take 4 people vs 1 in my mind.) so, i try it again and the exact same thing happens. so i decide ill up from a different base and do this proper. i fly about 8 mins and find rudeboi, i get the advantage and he runs. i dont ever chase for long, they either want to fight or dont. i break off about the same time i see all the reds he ran to. he keeps going and i have to fight red after red after red and im doing good and not dead yet. a second later, rudeboi kills me. all that time i spent to get to a fight and he runs to helpers and then comes back to join the gang. again, i was the one and only rook who came out of ack to get some fight on and challenge you guys. i spent 8 mins flying and 30 secs dying. eff that im done with it. i logged off and chalked it up as another reason i can leave and not miss it. its proof imo that people dont want fights, they want kills.

i can solve all that by changing how i play. yes this is true. and if i did that, id be just another runner hider in a fighting game that is 90% runner hiders.  im here to beat the other guy fair and square. im not going to play scared in a fighting game. im not going to vulch for kills. im here for the challenge of beating the other person outright. i see no challenge in being one of 5 guys ganging a single red. especially considering how low the numbers of players are( this game needed me and others like me). i dont want to discourage people from going all in and playing hard and FIGHTING. so i play fair with them every time. it hasnt helped me to play fair. its made me hated in game. but im still compelled to play fair even though it seems like no one else does. i think that now, since numbers are so low, is especially the time when players can at least try to keep the game alive and not run people off. but no one is doing that. as long as their trip is fine then everyone elses trip doesnt matter.
 so when i see this thread and it involves the players who do two of the things i think arent that great for the game, i felt i needed to call out the hypocrisy of it. it doesnt make any sense to me when theyre complaining about "no fights", "HQ down we cant find fights" and 2 mins later they gang the one and only person willing to fight. i really dont think discretion on yours and their parts is unreasonable here. but im also not asking for a break. it is what it is. so, for me, its one less player in game who actually fought hard.

Offline VuduVee

• Nickel Member
« Reply #214 on: December 31, 2015, 03:04:54 AM »

Ideas sometimes exceed ability which is not a bad thing.. Its how we get better.. Jus sometimes the path taken needs adjustment..
i like that, it rings true for any risk worth taking. i go big or not at all and have the scars to prove it. haha

Offline Vudak

• Platinum Member
« Reply #215 on: December 31, 2015, 04:14:05 AM »
Vudu not for nothing but you might want to try an La7 or a K4 as they have the speed to force the 1v1 you seek and the firepower to end it quickly. No reason to need to run in either if you don't want to. Both can stick around and play.

I would think that your willingness to fight fair isn't making people hate you as you say.  Most generally enjoy that so perhaps it is the way you tell people about it. Something to consider.
Vudak
352nd Fighter Group

Offline Vudak

• Platinum Member
« Reply #216 on: December 31, 2015, 04:20:00 AM »

I recommend this (although I don't think there's much rust for Vudak to wear off; he has uncanny gunnery skills).  He's willing to take any plane against any plane.  The fights are memorable, not those hey-you-just-got-HO'd-ha-ha that some of us are familiar with. Not may folks left who will fight like that. 

- Oldman the Loser (five out of five went to Vudak)
Those were fun drawn out fights and a few I thought you had me. I also think that the credit for being willing to fight anything belongs to you as you were the one who suggested the 202 vs. F4u-1 (and made me pull out all the stops to shake you). It's always a pleasure and the historic matchups were great. I don't think anyone was a loser that night. <S>
Vudak
352nd Fighter Group

Offline Airsharks

• Zinc Member
« Reply #217 on: December 31, 2015, 05:42:15 AM »
Investigating authorities suspect a clandestine faction going by the name or called "Pawns" may be responsible for the "Take Down" of the Aces High HQ!!! Looks like its hunting time! :airplane:

Offline VuduVee

• Nickel Member
« Reply #218 on: December 31, 2015, 03:27:53 PM »
Vudu not for nothing but you might want to try an La7 or a K4 as they have the speed to force the 1v1 you seek and the firepower to end it quickly. No reason to need to run in either if you don't want to. Both can stick around and play.

I would think that your willingness to fight fair isn't making people hate you as you say.  Most generally enjoy that so perhaps it is the way you tell people about it. Something to consider.
i shouldve upped the badboy niki. it eats those planes alive.
i tried using tact, but mostly, all that got me was nasty PM's. so i quit being nice to them and i got the same PM's. either way isnt good. its 7 billion people, 7 billion opinions type thing.

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #219 on: December 31, 2015, 03:40:36 PM »
Nope. Run away. We'll take your bases.

No... you won't. You will have to get airborne again as soon as possible to get back and bomb HQ. The HQ will probably be back up before you get back to base.

While the 49th goes back and forth doing HQ bombing, it takes away from how many folks are fighting on their front. Along with affecting their teams ENY.

I have no problem with it at all. It makes it easier to advance for the other sides.

I would only have a problem if yall were on the side I was trying to help. Trying to offset the handicap caused by so many not participating is tough.

Granted it's your $15. If that's what you want to do... so be it.
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #220 on: December 31, 2015, 03:44:35 PM »
Vudu, I think I try to play the game the same way. I look for good fights, don't HO until I've been HOed, I like to see the guys get their wheels up and a bit of speed before I jump in, I only jump in a fight if a friendly wants the help.

However, that isn't what "most" of the other players are going for. To them the "kill" is all they want. I was getting pretty frustrated, flying 8 minutes only to be ganged over and over again by players who only wanted a kill, not a fight. I was only hanging on waiting for AH3. Then I joined the Ronin, and the fun is back. It's more fun dieing with a squadie than it is alone. Also, with a wingman I even make it back to land a few kills..... when they let me get enough rounds in to get the kill.

What I'm saying, is the game is still good, and you can still play the way you like. Get with a good group of guys, have some fun. Ignore these other guys. Sure I still get ticked off when HQ goes down, or I get picked by some "elite" pilot, but its easier to let that crap go when you flying with good people.

Offline Vudak

• Platinum Member
« Reply #221 on: December 31, 2015, 05:13:12 PM »
i tried using tact, but mostly, all that got me was nasty PM's. so i quit being nice to them and i got the same PM's. either way isnt good. its 7 billion people, 7 billion opinions type thing.
[/quote

I'm not really clear on if you're expressing your tact by sending them PM's or if you're receiving unsolicited ones, but if you are sending PM's, you might consider that text is pretty easy to misinterpret.  You might do better to leave PM's for statements like "good kill," "that was fun," "how'd you do that?" etc.

Vudak
352nd Fighter Group

Offline rvflyer

• Nickel Member
« Reply #222 on: December 31, 2015, 05:54:11 PM »
Just curious which game you think is prettier and not cheesy tactics? I have played many of the so called better graphics etc games and find them all boring and cheesy as hell. I always come back to AH and find it is still the most fun to play.

I think what's really ruining this game is that easier, prettier games have since come out.  Not the same cheesy tactics that have existed for 15-20 years.

Tour 70 2005 to present

Offline Vudak

• Platinum Member
« Reply #223 on: December 31, 2015, 05:58:00 PM »
Just curious which game you think is prettier and not cheesy tactics? I have played many of the so called better graphics etc games and find them all boring and cheesy as hell. I always come back to AH and find it is still the most fun to play.
I didnt mean the other games dont have cheesy tactics. Id actually assume those are worse elsewhere. I'm just saying I think the problem with this game is it has dated graphics. I don't mind but I'm  sure it turns off its share of players.
Vudak
352nd Fighter Group

Offline kappa

• Parolee
  • Silver Member
« Reply #224 on: December 31, 2015, 06:33:05 PM »
Vodu, I don't think I've flown a spit9 this camp and I really REALLY doubt I would be the 4th in on you.. 90% of the time if I'm flying by I won't engage anyone w/ 2 friendlies on them.. The only exception is if they've shot me or tried really hard to shoot me..

The game is about fighting but the end result is to get kills.. yes..

Perception plays a big roll whether its a fight or a kill.. For instance.. I'm flying along in a p38 with abit of speed.. I see a high p39, maybe 4k above me, and figure wth.. I'll give it a go.. So I start climbing toward the p39.. The p39 sees me but does not nose down to merge with me, he does the easy kill move and pulls up to rope me.. So, I follow up to stall speed not catching him.. I hammer over as the p39 is now diving on me.. Good for him! hes smart! My smart move is to equalize E so I don't get roped again.. I do this.. P38 with out climb a p39.. I turn the tables and kill the p39.. 200 irrupts as Fugi is calling me a lamer for not fighting.. Go figure.. Perception is reality I guess..

Next time you're at a base like your g14 scenario.. My advice is not to climb over the base.. What works for me is to stay low to the deck and get as much speed as possible.. If you get engaged attempt to force an overshoot while maintaining a heading away from your base away from the other badguys.. In an area with a lot of badguys, mobility is key.. Once you confine yourself to one area you will be ganged.. Just keep pressing out until you get the number of badguys in a manageable number.. Kill them.. Climb abit and return to kill the others.. 
- TWBYDHAS